What changes would Sup Forums make to the Voyager golden record?

What changes would Sup Forums make to the Voyager golden record?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyager_1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_plaque
youtube.com/watch?v=d0YVNimYUlg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyager_Golden_Record#/media/File:Voyager_Golden_Record_Cover_Explanation.svg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=MV_BNrw-ucM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

put pink floyd on there

put pepe on there

a message from the prophet

replace the inscribed "naked man and woman" with this

This.

>tfw i have 130+ iq but i have no idea what any of that means except for the one about the planets distance relative to the sun from each other

FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL

or a swastika

Where do you think they came from?

the entire series of mr bean

Underrated post

A naked man and woman.

This

Last thing we need is space "refugees"

By not sending it out. You're a literal retard if you think wasting billions of dollars on the bullshit Voyager missions.

"Hey! Let's waste time and resources sending a golden record to literally fucking nowhere only to be discovered be beings that don't exist!"

Cool, really cool :-)

Probably remove the universally understandable map that shows the position of the solar system. I don't think just giving away where we are and hoping whoever finds it is benevolent is a good idea.

Of course, the odds of Voyager being the first trace of human civilization an alien race encounters are astronomically low, compared to them detecting our radio transmissions, or future faster than light travel.

Melt it and cancel the project.

>revealing our position to alien fags out there who could be very well capable of launching long range guided bombs/ miscellaneous crap at us.

And no, we will never see each other, the distances are just huge.

Yes they can pinpoint the origin and launch crap at us that can only land hundreds or even thousands of years later on our heads for the lulz shits and giggles. After all they are aliens and probably even more strange that the japanese, so everything is possible.

Voyager wasn't about sending an album to ayyliens retard, this was just carl the cuck sagan's pet project to go along with the voyager probes

With Jews, You Lose
Around Blacks, Never Relax

No, the large symbol on the upper right is where our star is in relationship with our nearest neighbouring stars.

>tfw sjws in 3015 will still be mad at Sup Forums because Trump's planetary empire dont want to let space refugees in and its 3015

who says aliens will have sight

Show the aliens what we really are.

>Carl Sagan
Ah, the psuedo-intellectual "muh weed bruh" faggot

a crescent with a swastika instead of a star.

Replace all that fedora science bullshit with THE BIBLE.

Why did they assume the aliens would understand what's contained on that record?

Are you retarded?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyager_1

>psuedo-intellectual

what is it with morons calling smart people pseudo intellectuals to make themselves feel better ?

Thirteen centuries on a wax tablet

>muh weed
Are you confusing him with Seth Rogan?
fucking kek

>yfw you won't live to see a Vatican-sanctioned crusade eventually catapult the world into a super zealous Christian space empire

I never understood that crap. How the fuck is someone to tell our place in the galaxy by just looking at that with all the stars out there?

Hawkings was right! If they can read this we are fucked.

>*can someone tell

>tfw you realise people nowadays would complain about the Pioneer Plaque being wrong because of trannies

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_plaque

kek

Replace the inscriptions with "404 - not fucking ever found"

>Critics viewed the explanations offered by Linda Sagan as being rationalizations

She was right though....

Carl actually used pulsars as a base locator because they each pulse with steady but different frequencies.

Account for pulsar pulse width variables and glitching. Back then they thought pulsars were constant sources of pulsating light but recent observations has shown that these pulses of light are fluctuating in intensity and in periodicity.

In the plaque; they imply aliens to triangulate the earths position via the use of the neutron star "pulsars", once all the pulsars are found via the use of their specific hydrogen line emitted and the periodicity shown in the plaque, they can triangulate earths position and "meet us"

However, like I said, that assumes that pulsars are a universal constant and new findings prove they aren't consistent. It would lead the aliens in completely wrong direction.

add this youtube.com/watch?v=d0YVNimYUlg

It's just NASA feeling self-important. I mean I understand they felt like they had all the shit figured out in the 70's, but come on. Aliens will have a completely different view on what we consider "science" and "math", so the likelihood of them figuring out the meaning of this shit is very slim.

I have no idea either, but because I'm NOT a retard, I'll guess and see if I'm right.
>some kind of atomic structure, probably oxygen
>relative position in local galactic cluster (too many to be planets, also not at all similar to relative distances)
>how to listen to the record (ridges into sound waves
>basic details for device to read it
>speed at which it is to be played
>beats of soundwave that are key to speed
>direction to turn on axis? maybe that little doodad was included in the sattelite

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyager_Golden_Record#/media/File:Voyager_Golden_Record_Cover_Explanation.svg

Ok so I got everything right except the two rectangles are for image decoding, and the first thing is a hydrogen atom and apparently is a unit of time. huh.

I'd probably stop Megatron from getting his hands on it for starters

it's instruction that show that sound can be obtained from the disc with a simple machine aka how to build a turntable to play this

>Craig Owens said that sexual bias is exhibited by the choice to make the man in the diagram perform the wave gesture to greet the extraterrestrials while the woman in the diagram has her hands at her sides.[7] Feminists also took issue with this choice for the same reason.[8] Feminists also criticized the smaller size of the woman relative to the size of the man

For fuck's sake...

You're confusing voyager's Golden record with Pioneer 10's plaque.

here

>Aliens will have a completely different view on what we consider "science" and "math"

citation needed, wjere did you deduct this from all the previous alien encounters? or alien movies?

this

wait why the fuck did we send out a lone gold plate record that they have to build a device to play and not just a fucking tape recorder with a tape with a prerecorded message or actual record player with it in it or something

because after 30000 years the gold will be perfectly fine but your recorder dies 2 days after the samsung warranty is over.

Wouldn't the tape in the recorder get fucked eventually by solar radiation?

i guess they didn't have one in 1977

also it came with a stylus to play the record

Very considered warning for ayy lmao's.

So if they don't understand binary code they're fucked.

Gold plated record with mechanical etching lasts forever, magnetic disk or a USB stick doesn't.

Also, 1970's technology, back when a 256 megabyte harddrive for a corporations mainframe weighed 10 kilograms and costed 10 million dollars.

Would put: "Hue huehue huueeueueue Hueeeue".
Aliens would never want to conquer us.

>Trying to communicate simple information to potential aliens
>feminists can't stop being perpetually offended

"Fuck off space niggers we're full"

any intelligent life form that has reached at least our level of civilization/evolution will understand binary

i think if somebody is able to find that plate they will work until they understand it.

Our archeoligists study langauges from ancient ancient times and get logical texts. I see no problem for scientists to figure out the 0100110101 langauge. better than fucking half destroyed pictures on stone walls.

would make the depiction of humans bigger and scarier with more arms and teeth and a wicked tail with spikes and shit

a smug pepe and "fuck off we're full"

Add pic related.

Or just make the depiction of humans look like a dolphin instead just in case their plan A is to wipe us out

#proudtobe vid in binary and a plead to destroy us from orbit.

draw a proper vagina on the bitch.
honestly. the aliens need to know what they're in for if they find this and decide to visit.

not on the voyager

wait shit, thats right, this was the pioneer.

.. point still stands. Can't believe there was controversy over that. as though we'll offend aliens with nudity or some shit.

maybe pic related

vsauce has a vid on it

>RED PILL INCOMING

should have given him a bigger schlong desu

did these scientists ever think that perhaps the aliens have a different speed of time?

their seconds may be 1.4 of our seconds...

>single global civilisation

NWO confirmed. This sounds like its gonna be the one steampunk movie with the one taxi driver and multipass girl.

shit

>It traveled in cosmos alone before I was born
>it's still there
>after I die it will still be traveling all alone there

Anime.

its called the 5th element

Change the order of the greetings so that the first voice they hear is not a Jew as it is now.

> Nothing else

then your mission is clear.
you must send yourself after it.

I'm a space enthusiast but these things are bullshit. Not only "no one" will ever find this record, but the chances of sentient, advanced aliens capable of reading what's written on that being anywhere around this corner of the galaxy are extremely low.

heh

Are you kidding? They're here right now.

>be young
>mid-day, partly cloudy
>look up in the sky
>see one of the cigar-shaped spacecrafts
>I already knew they were real at this point, just didn't know why they were above (miles above) my area
>it darts around wherever and then disappears sort of in a flash
>look up later on the internet, many people have seen these, pictures look just like I saw

say what you want but I know what I saw, these civilizations are monitoring us and/or are in communication with us.

...thats what the hydrogen thing is for

It is knowledge, not iq that is used to read this disk. For example you would have to know the size of atoms to understand the basic distance established on the upper left corner.

Everything on the disk could be understood by a civilization who had our knowledge as long as the person viewing it is somewhat educated.

We are betting whoever finds it has basic knowledge of how the universe works.

you sure it was not a hologram?

Write down DEUS VULT on it

Also you sound like one of those fucking atheist cucks who say they are "Le smart :)))))) but i'm not trying :))))))" when you say such things yet don't possess basic knowledge. Whatever suits you but don't be one of those fags if possible.

Completely, it was metallic

Nice.

you seen one?

Put the Pioneer chick back on there.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=MV_BNrw-ucM