/box/ - Only Heavyweight in Town Edition

Previous >Saturday September 30 - Sky Sports UK
Rocky Fielding vs David Brophy
Tom Farrell vs Ohara Davies

>Saturday September 30 - WBSS ITV Box Office (Free)
Mairis Briedis vs Mike Perez

>Friday October 6 - Boxnation UK
Gary Cornish vs Sam Sexton

>Saturday October 7 - Sky Sports UK
Anthony Crolla vs Ricky Burns
Sam Eggington vs Mohamed Mimoune

>Saturday October 7 - Channel 5 UK
Andrew Selby vs Maximino Flores

>Saturday October 7 - ITV Box Office
Chris Eubank Jr vs Avni Yildirim

>Saturday October 14 - ITV Box Office
George Groves vs Jamie Cox

>Saturday October 14 - FOX US Sky Sports UK
Leo Santa Cruz vs Chris Avalos
Abner Mares vs Andres Gutierrez

>Saturday October 14 - Showtime US Sky Sports UK
Jarrett Hurd vs Austin Trout
Jermell Charlo vs Erickson Lubin
Erislandy Lara vs Terrell Gausha

>Friday October 20 - Dave UK
Joe Joyce vs Ian Lewison

>Saturday October 21 - WBSS ITV UK
Murat Gassiev vs Krzysztof Wlodarczyk

>Saturday October 21 - Sky Sports UK HBO US
Ryan Burnett vs Zhanat Zhakiyanov

>Saturday October 21 - BT Sport UK
Josh Warrington vs Dennis Ceylan
Tyrone Nurse vs Jack Catterall

>Saturday 21 October - HBO US
Jezreel Corrales vs Alberto Machado
Demetrius Andrade vs Alantez Fox

>Sunday October 22 - Fuji TV Japan
Ken Shiro vs Pedro Guevara
Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam vs Ryota Murata
Daigo Higa vs Thomas Masson

>Friday October 27 - WBSS ITV UK
Jurgen Brähmer vs Rob Brant

>Saturday October 28 - Sky Sports Box Office UK Showtime US
Anthony Joshua vs Kubrat Pulev
Khalid Yafai vs Sho Ishida
Lenroy Thomas vs David Allen

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ciItOY08moY
boxrec.com/en/boxer/813592
m.youtube.com/watch?v=kF5gn4LWS6M
youtube.com/watch?v=WO_6sVTsvSc
youtube.com/watch?v=Hp4G9c8mhKI
youtu.be/rWflrCrwUSw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

CANELO, BE BOLD!

first for african american fighters being the hottest

>Sweden

Acceptable replacements for Ortiz: Breazeale, Whyte, Povetkin, Takam, Miller

The WBC is jumping quick to take action against Ortiz, but what about Nery? That cheating shit is still holding Yamanaka's belt!

youtube.com/watch?v=ciItOY08moY

Chris Eubank is a legend

eubank sr is GOAT. he would have beat every other MW except RJJ

It's usually legally messy when somebody fails a drug test probably just going through a process. Nery should be banned for a year but I bet he just goes straight into the rankings of another organisation

He's gonna get stripped soon

I think the fight will still happen, but if it doesn't Wilder's getting pulled from the card. It's unfortunate but there's virtually no chance any of those fights happen

I think he'll fight just against a bum

povetkin would beat him, but he would just fail a drug test too

miller would be the one id like to see, i think hed beat the rest comfortably. maybe whyte would have a shot. id prefer someone like parker, browne, kownacki

>>Saturday September 30 - Sky Sports UK
>Rocky Fielding vs David Brophy
>Tom Farrell vs Ohara Davies

Isn't the main fight on this bill Butler vs Hall?

I don't think Whyte would win against Wilder but I think it would be a 12 round fight and he'd really push him. Kownacki less so. Parker I didn't include because he's just fought Hughie Fury so wouldn't make November 4th

Think Rocky Fielding is the main event and that's going before it was just going off boxrec and Fielding fight being for a title

Reminder that the future of heavyweight boxing makes his pro debut this weekend

>eubank sr is GOAT
Only notable win is Benn

BoxRec uses its own points system to determine the order, which is often not the actual order. Pic related is the poster for the card, so Butler vs Hall seems to be the headliner

then i can add him to my future HW goats folder. unless he loses. one loss and youre out the folder for good

only 8 months until haye knocks out parker for the title lads

he fought back when MW were actually power punchers

eubank snr has arguably the best chin of all time

Lots of names there I don't recognise, nice. Can you post the rest of it too?

Kek no. Ali has the best chin of all time

How many future goats are in there ?

Oliver Mccall

60 ish. some are well known now but i made it a while ago and just add to it when i see someone with potential. only get taken out if you get exposed or become the champ

Alright, Marcus Carter is the only other name I can give you, a former National Golden Gloves winner

Some of those guys are going nowhere though lol. Nick Webb is getting his clock cleaned by Gorman soon, for example

Oh, you're also missing Afonin and Fa. I doubt they will be champs but they are unbeaten and no worse than some of the other names on that list

Do you move the exposed ones and the champs in different folders ?

thanks ill give them a watch

nah they just get deleted.

Which ones are your favourites?

I like Hrgovic obviously and also Teslenko, Gorman, Arias and Rock. Rock would actually be my favourite but he needs to lose weight and fight more frequently. Not sure if Arias and Gorman are big enough but I like their skills

Ivan Dychko also has his pro debut scheduled - boxrec.com/en/boxer/813592

There are major question marks over his stamina and durability but he looks almost like a super heavy Lomachenko at times when he's fresh

how do you learn to play 3d mind chess like tyson fury?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=kF5gn4LWS6M

be a manic depressive

rate my walk out music, /box/
youtube.com/watch?v=WO_6sVTsvSc

I guess the ones that i give the most chance for making it have to have the strong amateur background, i guess yoka as i was shilling him during the olympics. besides the hype train ones i always give a chance to anyone who is say 6'4 and over, and is banging the roids because thats how the division is nowadays. also if one beats another one to knock him off he gets a bonus in the favourtism. for example bracamonte got on there because he beat ghiglione who i thought was decent as an amateur and was on there at the time

fucking finally. im a fan of dychko so thats nice, good potential

Kek stop being this fucking retarded. Go back to whatever sport your shit nation follow cause you aussies dont know shit about boxing

shut up bitch

Trips confirm. Lewis blasted him when he was walking around crying with his back turned and he hardly even noticed

who are some good brazilian boxers? can you cover the rest of south america market as a brazilian?

I really just hope the wilder/ortiz fight is still on ;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=Hp4G9c8mhKI
best eubs vid m8

that was kino

>you will never walk out to a full arena whilst blaring Tina Turner
why live?

To bad alot of then go pro at 30 and lose to Mexican cab drivers by their 15th fight

what about losing to one on your second fight?

how will haye/bellew 2 ever live up to the car crash tv of the first?

its literally free money. wont be surprised if the odds are 50 50 too due to retards. cant wait.

Hearns impression of eubank always slays me

DESU the under card alone could be the main event.
>Porter Vs Granados
Granados a classic mexican pressure fighter with a iron chin losing 5 times all of them in close wars with promotional favorites he would have to KO to win ie (Felix Diaz, Pitbull gomez) . Best win was a huge upset against Amir iman.
Vs Porter, the closest thing you'll see to a gorilla charging you. Another pressure fighter but much stronger and uses headbutts and cuts to wear down opponents. Only lost to the top of the top and the Thurman fight Could ve gone either way.
It's gonna be a war man, smart money is obviously porter but this could be Granados last shot at the big leagues, don't underestimate a Mexican pressure fighter thats got nothing to lose.

Better than the Ukranians who turn pro at 25 and lose to Mexican uber drivers in their 2nd fight.

that's like complaining that a new draft pick who only played against college players puts on a weak performance once

As of 2017
Mexico> Ukraine > Cuba

sure thing, wetback

What do you know about loyalty, /box/?

>Wetback
>Came here on a
>Cubans literally cross the ocean to get here
Once Loma beats rigo the Cuban meme will die just like there old commie leaders.

>plane*

I don't like how people are actually giving Granados a chance. It's just going to end up like Porter-Berto, with Porter running all over Granados and Granados being unable to handle the unrestrained aggression.
It takes other elite welterweights to stand a chance against Porter.

Just because i'm American that doesn't mean I watch football.
Gimme an analogy I understand.

Salido should arguably be a unified champ right now and singlehandedly ruined Juan Manuel Lopez's career when he was hot shit. Dude's not just an Uber driver

moving up to pro boxing is like another world, you can have as many amateur fights as you want but it won't prepare you for facing a pro (it's an advantage tho) so you have to adapt and adjust

>Just because i'm American that doesn't mean I watch football.
>Gimme an analogy I understand.
do you watch no major ball sports? What sports do you watch?

He just lost a very close decision to Broner which isnt as good as porter (but still dropped him). He may not win but it definitely will be entertaining, porter wont run through him like berto.

I've seen him Vs Felix Diaz Pitbull Gomez and Broner in all very close fights he lost by a round or two (imo) I think under normal circumstances porter mauls him early, but this could be his last hoorah so he's probably gonna play his cards early. >Like Berto
Imo he's a slight step above Berto, berto would get dominated by Felix Diaz and Broner Granados lost to ABby no more than two rounds and the Gomez fight by like one

>Pitbull gomez

I wish this guy would get serious about boxing. He could be a champ imo

As of 2017? Mexico has always been the second best boxing nation

Ugas deserved the shot against Porter after filling in for him on late notice and winning

None, boxing is life.

Porter is always entertaining, as one-sided as it was even the Berto fight was fun just because Porter always makes things messy.
But I feel like people are giving Granados a legit chance and I just cant see it. He's a fringe contender at best, and in a stacked division like welterweight he can't hope to ever put his hands on the top competitors.

Mexico aren't that good at the moment. Canelo is protected, lost to Golovkin and Lara. Nery is a drug cheat. Ramirez is protected and not the best SMW. Valdez will lose to Frampton if they're going to fight. Leo Santa Cruz is good but taller than everyone with more reach. Salido is an Uber driver. Berchelt would probably lose to Loma

Comparing them as of 2017
UK is making a strong argument for #2
>Frampton
>AN
>Callum Smith
>Eubanks
>Lee Shelby
>Degale
And up and comers like Josh kelly josh taylor Ohara Davies Anthony Fowler Daniel Dubois definitely puts them at a spot to contend Mexìco

>Berchelt
Cant name one UK fighter that can beat him. Frampton is way too small

The Super middle weight division is where UK vs Mexico best can duke it out.
Zurdo and Benavidez vs Eubanks Callum and Degale.

They're not the strongest they've ever been but they're still easily #2

Frampton is a top three pound-for-pound British fighter and he was beaten by a Mexican. Zurdo has a solid chance of beating DeGale and Groves and that's in a weight region in which Mexicans are typically under-represented. Nery just stopped a fighter in The Ring Magazine's top ten pound-for-pound list. Alvarez proved that he is Golovkin's equal, again in a weight region generally unfamiliar to Mexicans. Estrada is brilliant and would be favourite against Yafai. Rey Vargas and Miguel Berchelt look like good fighters. Pedro Guevara will probably beat Ken Shiro. I'm not that familiar with Mexican prospects since they don't generally compete in international amateur tournaments but I'm sure there are plenty waiting in the wings

Nery cheated and P4P isn't real, all that matters is being the best in the division. Zurdo would definitely be competitive because he can box and he's tall but it's a joke he's not in the WBSS tournament. Rey Vargas is tall he's nothing special. Estrada could be big if he can beat Rungvisai and Yafai

>WORLDBSS
>More like the UK supermiddleweight tournament.

Besides AJ, Groves, Frampton, Josh Taylor, Dubois and Selby all brits are BUMS

What about Yarde?

>Not liking "La Maquina"
Pleb

>groves
>not a bum

Yeah but that's Bob Arum's fault wanting everything in house and no risk

youtu.be/rWflrCrwUSw

Maybe it's just me, but Wlad had fast hands for someone his size.

Won't stop fighting Hungarian guys takes out of their local pub

Definitely the best British super middleweight at the moment

Jacobs vs Lemieux, who wins?

Puerto Ricans BTFO
>Slipped in the shower

fucking bob

I'd go Jacobs by decision but risk he'd get KO'd

As if someone like Joshua isn't completely roided up too. Divisions where a Mexican is in the top three: 168, 160, 135, 130, 126, 122 (x2), 118, 115 and 108. Divisions were a Brit is in the top three: 200+, 168 (x2), 147, 135 and 126. I used TBRB ratings since I don't have my own for every single division and want to be consistent

Jacob's by decision or the leaf by KO.
He better respect Lemieux's power.

Thought Are tezza was going to MANC him

Why cant mexico into 170+?

>GOLOBKEEEN YUU ARR NEX MY FREN, PROBABLY NEX JEER

Average height 5'7

Have you seen Mexicans?
>TFW a 5-6 mexican manlet
At least I can fight

So are Zurdo and Benavidez freaks of nature?

*blocks your path*

>mexico into 170+