/swg/ - Star Wars General

Obi-Wan Edition

Standalone Obi-Wan movie when?

Standalone clone #617482 movie when?

I hope it's as good as Rogue One. Jee wiz that movie sure was great.

A general thread for Star Wars?

I hope after this new trilogy. By that time Ewan will be about 50 years old, which is a perfect age. I'd like to see one of the story elements being Obi-Wan discovering that Anakin is still alive and his reaction to it. Not sure what they would make the story about though, if they choose to just set it on Tattooine.

Obi-Wan thought Anakin was dead until Return of the Jedi. He didn't know he still existed inside the mind of Vadar. Luke was the only one to believe that.

>every possible angle of every character in every scenario have already been discussed
can we just have a lesbian spinoff with portman and felicity next?

His Rebels appearance is gonna pave the way for some interaction with Ezra or Canaan, then we'll hopefully get a hint towards what he's been up to between ep3 and 4.

star wars was a mistake

Rogue One was leagues better than 7

7 was marginally better than episode 1 and 2. It's full of plot holes, bad characters, and a bad plot.

The story should be about Kenobi and his own psychological state, the plot of the movie should only serve to give direction to his own character arc. It could be as simple as him defending a town from criminals and perhaps even the Empire. Akin to an old western, culminating with a showdown between himself and another worthy adversary. It's such a large hole of his life between episode 3 and 4 that the movie could easily span a decade, tremendous potential to build Kenobi's character.

I'd rather not have a Kenobi movie desu. He's probably my favorite character, and Ewan was great, but I'd rather them do something else than fill the gaps between every movie with a money grab.

An "Old Republic" trilogy or HBO-type show would be cool.

was it RA-P3?

hes a good boi he didnt do nothin

>i made this meme and as his father i know he dindu it

The movie will be about how he came to father one of Rey's parents

who cares disney is destroying starwars

>/swg/ -
Fuck off back to red dit general fag

I'd love the movie to be a Yojimbo in space kind of film, with him just wandering Tattooine, or searching something that is calling to him, only for him to come back to looking over Luke's farm, and us seeing Obi-Wan watching the small boy from a distance,

Why though?

I really want this now.

why do you redditors want yet another prequel?
the main character is never in any real danger, we know his life= no tension.

Movie? TV show. What we need is am Obi-wan spinoff covering the 3 or so years after ANH. It would be a half-hour sitcom format about him learning the ways of the force-ghost society, chock full of wacky fish-out-of-water gags as he gradually earns his ghost legs.

all I know is that it wont be complete without Ewan in the lead role, god that man was made for Kenobi

Manny Bothans story

Some kind of Hutt national epic

Ewok Holocaust