Finally got around to watching this movie. HOLY SHIT what the fuck was all that?

Finally got around to watching this movie. HOLY SHIT what the fuck was all that?
>that scene when Army Dog and his platoon start impaling all the children from an Iraqi village on wooden stakes
I get that the village was harbouring the terrorists and the soldiers were understandably mad but they didn't have to go that far in punishing them

dead meme

The ending where they tell Army Dog once he's returned home that he's a good boy and he just gives them a 1000-yard stare is fucking chilling.

Not as dead as those Iraqi kids tho

>YES GODDAMNIT, WASTE THE MOTHERFUCKERS WOOF WOOF!

>the nam flashback where they have to use the same noose on 50 gooks

Jesus FUCKING christ

good post

>that 30 minute scene of army dog and the platoon going around and rapeing Iraqi women

SHOULD NOT be in a kids movie.

Almost as bad as the scene where he drops the canister of napalm out of the heli over the childrens hospital.

and than army dog poops in the one womans hijab and makes her put it back on

You're lucky to live in a country where it's even an option to hide the realities of war from your children. "Army Dog" is a warning

That fucking scene where Army Dog lines the Iraqi families up in a ditch and Casper Van Dien orders "Kill em all!"

Couldn't sleep for days after that

>"WHAT ARE YOU DAMN DOING ARMY DOG, BURN THOSE CHINK RATS!"
>"WOOF WOOF"

That flamethrower scene was a bit much

The flamethrower scene was nothing compared to the rape scene when they entered that border village.

I know nothing was really shown on screen but holy fuck, it was literally implied they made the husband watch as they took turns ravaging her and the daughter. Army dog was a fucking animal

I'm from the Dog Pound and I say, KILL`EM ALL.

Agreed. When he ran out of ammo and the chink came over the trench, I though he was done for. Then he pulled out the knife. I've been vegan ever since

So I always watch mature movies by myself or violent movies with my dad, but if both watch something with my mom, we watch family movies.
She doesn't like all that killing and swearing.
So last night we were looking through Netflix and searching through family movies and dad landed on Army Dog.
I told him no, but my mom insisted it looked good.
It was futile, and dad turned it on.
Hour in when Connor's group was captured, my mom couldn't look.
They showed one of the other privates getting his tongue cut off on screen.
That's when Connors bite through his own paws to get out of tied rope to kill everyone with his bare teeth.
My mom cried all night and I couldn't sleep.
Dads been in the army but he hasn't spoken a word since Army Dog....

>that sequence where army dog digs a 30 m wide 'crescent moon style' stake pit and slits the throat of every zipperhead that falls in.

6\10 my dog loved it, made him become an army dog

And then after the war my army dog came back and he was deeply shaken by his experiences and he shot my son and himself in a ritual suicide in the dog house

I didn't think the Russian roulette scene in deer hunter could be outdone, but I was wrong

I can't believe Army Dog rapes three people in its runtime, with that fourth one implied to have happened off screen. Making the little girl watch as he raped her mother at gun point then shooting them both anyway was pretty impactful. Some people say that the scene lasting for 30 minutes was excessive, but I appreciate them trying something different.

>that scene where army dog tears out the gook girl's femur and forces her family at gunpoint to play fetch with it
i know they were trying to display the horrors of war, but was that really fucking necessary?

Also very interesting directing choices, for instances having us, the viewer, view the rape from the POV of the victim for the entirety of the 30 minutes. Very interesting indeed.

The second one was the worse. Forcing the farmer to fuck his dead wifes body, that's bad. Cutting out her unborn fetus, that's worse.

>Army dog was a fucking animal

I never managed to see it. Is this that infamous movie where a dog selects one in three prisoners to be broken on the wheel?

i fucking love this meme

Yes, and then he burns the other two alive and makes the guy on the wheel watch

>The scene where Army Dog befriends a Vietcong child only to brutally murder her 10 minutes into the film

This movie is so fucked up

Did you get the store special effect tie in? It sprayed fake blood at the viewer at specific intervals in the movie.

was that the one he raped or the one he ate? Or was it the one he forced her father to eat?

>That interview with Raimi where he seemed horrified with the end product
And that was coming from the guy who directed the baby killing scene in Spiderman

We dont talk about the baby killing scene in Sup Forums
Take that shit off Sup Forums
Better yet off of the internet

take this fucking garbage to reddit

>that final scene in the cell after taking the court martial for his lieutenant who tortured that young prisoner boy to death
>army dog's silhouette swinging silently from the light fixture as the sound of children playing comes from the school next door

not gonna lie i fucking cried

Somebody get this hothead outta here!

Casper just jamming the half-eaten remains of the fetus into an open can of Alpo was pretty fucking twisted too. How it was just squished in there, with all the sound effects--the screaming and crying in the background, the gun shots, the sudden end to the screams, and the squish as Casper just packs it in there to the brim.

That the Iraqis had Alpo and Reynold's Wrap on hand kind of took me out of the moment, but I guess it could be explained that Casper and Army Dog smuggled it into Iraq.

But seriously God damn.

Reddit wouldn't be able to appreciate this kino

Poor Habib. He begged and begged for his life but army dog had snapped.

It's a necessary addition to the film. Kids in the United States are constantly censored from the brutality of real world events. This film attempts to extinguish film censorship by holding nothing back.

It stays.
You go back to Breaddit.

>WHO'S A GOOD BOY
>it aint me starts playing

Fuck I kek'd harder than I should have

Did anyone enjoy the religious imagery? Kemp's portrayal of Army Dog as a christ-like figure through Army Dog's sacrifice of his body for the followers (America), showed not only an analogy for the christian people never being able to live up to a perfect savior's sacrifice, but the Christ portrayal was also a puckish satire of contemporary Christianity in america. I thought it was a somewhat well worn metaphor but Kemp pulled it off tastefully with enough edge to keep the trope fresh.

>nothing was really shown
>he saw the censored edition

>"Boy it sure is a dog eat dog world out there"
>"Hahahaha you said it bud-"
>soldier's head is blown apart by a sniper round mid sentence, spewing blood and brain matter all over Army Dog and also the audience in select 3D viewings

Was this fucking necessary? I brought my five year old nephew to see this shit for fuck's sake

>army dog locks all the Vietnamese kids in the hut and then has pvt Flynn burn it down with a flamethrower.

concentrated suffering.

Only a redditor would break the immersion to try and posit his asinine, utterly worthless comment. You should probably be heading back now.

>Army Dog's sacrifice of his body
>Kemp pulled it off tastefully
>tastefully
The Vietcongs slash Army Dog's belly open, yank out his intestines, and stuff his body with explosives. They make a dog-bomb out of him to kill his own best friend. That all seemed TASTEFUL to you?!? I guess we have different taste.

The producers say no animals were harmed making this movie, but that disembowlment looked so fucking real...

I know this thread is a joke but can someone recommend some serious edgy war movies

That last scene after the credits where Army Dog is sitting in the waiting room at the VA. Just sitting, staring at the floor, with sounds and images of the war in his head, just sitting and staring. Then when he stands up and stares at that guy sitting next to him in a eerie way, and then the screen cuts to black. Are we supposed to assume Army Dog kills the guy? Hell, he could have killed everyone in the room. Scary.