Looking for serious answers as to why Scotland wants to leave UK

Looking for serious answers as to why Scotland wants to leave UK.

People I know in Scotland think "The UK does nothing to help us".

Is it true?

Other urls found in this thread:

whatdotheyknow.com/request/283081/response/695240/attach/html/3/Response.pdf.html
atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/gbr/
bruichladdich.com/article/what-does-scotland-get-out-scotch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't believe everything you hear on Sup Forums, for the most part everything here is either exaggerated or is just shitposting.

There won't be a referendum any time soon and even if there is the SNP will lose it.

Totally different set of values to the good people of england. Entitled, whinging shithole of a nation, I look forward to leaving here as soon as possible. The only reason I dont want them to leave the union is because I like the union jack

Fuck off Eternal Anglo, Scotland will be free from your clutches.

Because we're fed up subsidising England, and they have too many brown people.

Canadian visiting family abroad. Is Scotland the Quebec of the UK?

I'm not talking about current events I'm specifically talking about the SNP in general and 2014 referendum.

It seems pointless to me that they wanted independence from UK.. but still wanted to be in the EU. Which means nothing would really change about their economy or immigration. In fact it would probably only hurt their economy because they would have less sway in the EU.

I can understand wanting their own country, but other than that is there any logical reason other than Trident? (which helps them too)

I can understand them wanting their own state even at a cost. But, why do they think the UK doesn't help them? Or discriminates against them?

I can't find any political reasoning behind it other than Trident.

How do you subsidize England?

>People I know in Scotland think "The UK does nothing to help us".

They spend 23 billion pounds a year on Scottish social welfare. Part of the deal last time was that if they did get independence England would continue to pay that sum for at least 5 years because Scotland as it stands right now is completely incapable of existing as a viable economic entity. If Scotland leave the UK this time there's a good chance the nation will starve to death.

By contributing more to the UK Exchequer than we receive, i.e. Scotland is a net contributor to England.

whatdotheyknow.com/request/283081/response/695240/attach/html/3/Response.pdf.html
Don't lie you to that poor ignorant American you cheeky little jacobite-wannabe fuck.

Isn't that from oil, though? Wasn't the majority of principle investment in the north sea from England?

Seems like Scotland just wants to reap benefits from UK and EU, but also wants their own flag and how to control those benefits.

the plunge in oil prices and the quickly depleting north sea resources wouldn't support Scotland.
Also an economy that runs on nothing but whiskey, iron bru, haggis and a little bit of oil, does not a first world nation make.

The single biggest export, in terms of revenue generated for the UK Exchequer, is Scotch.

All of that revenue which is now subsidising mohammed and his 47 cousins in bradford would instead go to Edinburgh.

I realize that, but who drilled the wells?

>The great Scotch wells of the Highlands

wut

I'm talking about offshore where the big reserves are.

atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/gbr/
export value of Hard Liquor: $8.53b
export value of Cars: $46b
I guess you guys really do need that free schooling that England pays for.

If you care to look back, Sir, I do believe you shall find that I referred not to the export value, but to the revenue generated for the Exchequer.

>Fucking thicko Nigel cunts

Wales + Scotland get much financial help from Brüssel.

I think we may be talking at cross purposes, or you're a bot.

Scotch is an alcoholic product distilled in Scotland from various grains, and which is sold for export around the world. It is not found in wells, nor mined in any way.

I enjoyed my hospitality corn in Nebraska

I thought you just called scottish things Scotch.
I didn't know you were talking about whiskey.

Who the fuck cares about whiskey, I'm talking about 40 billion barrels of oil reserves in the North Sea.

Scotland survives on the EU tit

> They have too many brown people
> wants to stay in the EU

U wot m8

I couldn't find shit on whatever you're chatting about except for this
bruichladdich.com/article/what-does-scotland-get-out-scotch
>But apparently no such figure for the whisky industry has been produced. In Richard Marsh’s report for the SWA, his calculation of the total annual taxes paid to the UK exchequer by the whisky industry was £282m.

Independence is not independence with membership of the EU.

Most Scots will be quite happy as an independent nation, outwith both the UK and EU.

for some reason seperatism is fashionable among communists

so you have these leftists areas like scotland who want to seperate for totally stupid reasons

the SNP has been asking the UK government to send more muslims to scotland

Because they want to run away with the north sea oil.

>The UK automotive industry generated revenues of £60 billion in 2013

What does the SNP have to do with an independent Scotland?

They likely wouldn't be in the top three parties in an independent Scotland.

You are incredibly stupid. I'm not sure where to go from here, other than to advise you to read over what you've posted again. You really do not understand what you are posting.

How many of those cars do you think were manufactured in Scotland?

They are a net loss, meaning the UK puts more money into Scotland than it receives. No one will want them if they leave they'll go bankrupt and they won't have anything to keep an economy going.

Very few of them considering most of the car manufacturing plants are in England.

didn't the Scots vote to stay part of the UK like a year ago? or I did I misunderstand that thing completely?