Holy shit phil fucking did it again. AOTY

holy shit phil fucking did it again. AOTY

Attached: 4L_R8RJkypk.jpg (1200x1200, 333K)

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.
npr.org/2018/03/08/590957789/first-listen-mount-eerie-now-only
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>my wife died, pay me!!!

So far it's definitely top of the list this year. This is his best album since Clear Moon.

i know you're using that as a criticism, but yes that's probably his motivation and there's nothing wrong with that. he's a single father that has to support raising his daughter with his only job being a fully independent musician.

GUYS I SWEAR MY WIFE IS DEAD

idc what anyone says phil is a fucking genius and anything he makes is beautiful

This is the laziest trolling. It's not even fun to reply to.

Excellent bait. Go fuck yourselves, autists.

Good one guys

Milking the death of someone you """cared about""" is fucking disgusting. Phil is a piece of shit.

You know, I wouldn't disrespect this fucking nigger if he released those two albums for free

Singing about how you feel is really disgusting I agree. People should keep that shit out of music.

again?
but A Crow Looked at Me is shit

This is much better than A Crow Looked At Me. It's better than Sauna too.

>single father with a infant child
>WOW FUCKING MAKING ME PAY FOR YOU CRYING ABOUT YOUR DEAD WIFE WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT

autism at its finest

It's the exact same shit with like a minute of noise to remind you he was in the Microphones

>It's better than Sauna too
let's not go too far, user

It just seems like this album and A Crow Looked at Me are way too reliant on their contexts, and although they may have great value within that in the wider scope of things they really aren't bringing enough to the table and go in one ear and out the other. Really powerful lyrics but they aren't kept in check quite enough, their delivery kind of gets repetitive, and either way the best lyrics in the world cannot alone make an album a great one.
This new album seems better though, I'll need to listen to it some more

>implying he's not loaded

I get your perspective but it seems pretty clear that Phil is doing this purely out of an artistic intention, which in itself is probably his coping mechanism with all of this, and it's something that he's following blindly (as he should be).

the title track fucking tore me into little pieces

>you share a board with these retards

how much fucking money do you think indie artists make, exactly

actually yeah that's exactly what i'm implying

where are you guys getting the full album from?

Yes I am willing to imply that

Is it just words with guitar again?

holy shit what is with all the autism

Yes

listen to the album you sperg

there seems to be more substance than A Crow Looked at Me but still a bit under par

npr. o r g/2018/03/08/590957789/first-listen-mount-eerie-now-only

where is the whole album?

two tracks in and yes it seems that way

cool thing to do now is hate on phil

who else fits into this type of "middle aged veteran rocker compulsively making rambling acoustic-based music about their personal life" music?

Attached: middleaged.png (678x291, 353K)

why does RYM worship this nu-male?

Attached: 657456754345.png (922x361, 217K)

rym is for fanboys that think that music is meant to be graded by the principles that they're told it should be instead of thinking for themselves

all nu-males will agree with this statement

edgy teenagers who discovered Sup Forums in 2014 and have never experienced any sort of emotional turmoil in their life beyond their high school girlfriend breaking up with them

>im an adult guys
>seriously
>i take out the garbage at night guys
>im not afraid of the dark or anything

Ready for the big you know what?

Attached: 1512515942249.png (485x491, 505K)

>everyone on the internet must be a kid like me, i mean i only ever meet other teenagers while i'm playing PUBG
>music with lyrics about emotions and shit is gay, let me go back to my lo-fi hip-hop 24/7 chill study smoking mix

literally this. it's painfully obvious that some of these people have never experienced any genuine hardship in their lives

>But people get cancer and die
>People get hit by trucks and die

Attached: 1508446909625.png (354x286, 32K)

YES BECAUSE SOMEONE WHO WANTS MONEY WOULD PUT HIS ALBUM ON NPR FOR ***FREE*** FOR A WHOLE WEEK ON NPR BEFORE HE RELEASES IT

YOU FUCKING NIGGERS WHO SHITPOST AROUND ABOUT HIM EXPLOITING THE DEATH OF HIS WIFE ARE THE MOST BRAINDEAD FUCKERS I'VE EVER HAD THE DISPLEASURE OF INTERACTING WITH ON THIS GODDAMN WEBSITE I SWEAR TO CHRIST I WILL STICK MY RIFLE UP EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR ASSHOLES WHEN I TRACK YOU DOWN BY IP ADDRESS THIS TUESDAY FUCKER I THINK YOU OUGHT TO KNOW THAT I HATE YOUR ASS AND WILL HAVE YOUR GRAVE BULLDOZED AFTER YOU DIE I HAVE LIVED FOR TIME IMMEMORIAL AND I WILL CONTINUE TO PERSIST FOR THE NEXT SEVEN THOUSAND YEARS MOTHERFUCKER I AM COMING TO DEVOUR YOUR ASS

Attached: Explosion.jpg (299x168, 7K)

>its another stream of consciousness sounding voice / guitar / my wife died album

it feels like hearing something i shouldn't be hearing, why share this with strangers, i get that its probably a coping thing (which is why its awkward) honestly with the rate these two albums have come out, somthings wrong. either he wants money or his head is gone, i hope his daughter is ok, i ope he doesnt ramble on about her dying to his daughter every day, i hope he doesnt play these songs to his daugter

ace freely

literally the most patrician genre

>implying i don't still deal with emotional turmoil from my high school girlfriend breaking up with me

did you listen to the album? the writing is a lot less stream of consciousness this time around. it's much less about his wife's death and moreso the concept of death in general

it's not like there's any real deep complex emotions presented in the album. i don't think you need to have even experienced any significant loss/grievance to understand that it must hurt to have your wife die of cancer.

sometimes i fuck so much i think im gonna have a heart attack

>People get cancer and die
>People get run over and die
>People just living their lives

how did he fall off so hard lyrically on this album

NPR pays artists big bucks for those pre-release streams my dude

that's a great chorus though, it's a nice little juxtaposition of some poppiness
i think it's more that his lyrics feel so different because of the theme he explores of trying to present reality and himself and not be lost in the past, when he was trying to build some kind of self-mythology through deep lyrics and wandering
he's being honest

I swear to god Phil Elverum fags will eat up anything even his fucking poop. Absolute cancer.

Virgin Argument vs Chad-Hominem

Yeah it's quite good. I'm particularly taken by Tin Tin In Tibet and Two Paintings By Nikolai Astrup. Powerful record. I like it more than A Crow Looked At Me but I'd be lying if I said that didn't have some really good songs on it as well.

Also I'm a pretty big Phil fan, I'm thinking of making a Mount Eerie discord if anyone's interested...

Attached: 1520424039029.png (1325x285, 65K)

I don't know man, i think it'd be a good idea considering how abysmal most Phil threads are. i'm in like every one I see and it's just shit posting about Genevieve and talking about The Glow Pt. 2. So yeah I want to make a niche internet club for one of my fav bands with other people who are as big of Mount Eerie nerds as I am, who fucking cares. Having actual discussion on Sup Forums is next to impossible

>giving a shit about this guy or his music
There's your problem.

this is peak Sup Forums, I love it, shine on you angry diamond

Is this the same thing as the previous album? With all respect to what he's going through, it's one of the worst works I've heard, so I want to know if I should save my time

I'd join it

Nah, its much more of a complete work this time around, its a lot of acoustic work again but this time with really distorted bass, drums, piano, Earth is like a less maxed out but still as noisy Samurai Sword, the guitar playing is much more intricate and varied and the lyrics aren't as one note, there's humor and personality here that could be on Crow

it's much better imo better song writing, bigger scope, more interesting sounds, better produced, more thought put into these new songs.

anything about that discord?

its because he's a musician he literally has to get emotions out of him. i cant imagine being able to cope without writing

Yeah I agree. There's a bit more musically going on and as sad as ACLAM was, I honestly prefer the lyrics of now only

AMAZING
((they))) did it again.
Jesus chruist raimi

cock?

i made it, i can make some invites if you wanna leave your emails

[email protected]

npr.org/2018/03/08/590957789/first-listen-mount-eerie-now-only

samefaggotry. Don't listen to the sperg