Itt post your favorite comedian

Itt post your favorite comedian

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LLWlBgj0uOc
theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/12/the-life-changing-magic-of-mushrooms/509246/
nytimes.com/2016/12/01/health/hallucinogenic-mushrooms-psilocybin-cancer-anxiety-depression.html
nytimes.com/2016/01/24/opinion/sunday/a-drug-to-cure-fear.html
newrepublic.com/article/133008/cure-fear
youtube.com/watch?v=dI38GtWFihY
nymag.com/scienceofus/2016/12/psilocybin-research-looks-very-exciting.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marsh_Chapel_Experiment
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2184240/Scientists-tell-straight-gay-studying-optical-reflexes.html
caffeineinformer.com/caffeinated-coffee-the-anti-cancer-wonder-drug
nydailynews.com/life-style/health/cheers-beer-good-scientists-article-1.1216888?localLinksEnabled=falsel
newyorker.com/magazine/2010/12/13/the-truth-wears-off
youtube.com/watch?v=2OeSh-m39D8
youtube.com/watch?v=dTWDNIgM2pA
youtube.com/watch?v=km5tLIbMXao
youtube.com/watch?v=YxbyO3882dQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3ionQAAVAIs
youtube.com/watch?v=hRDXeinEUJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=A848xpsDJbw
youtube.com/watch?v=O7Qxggflfcg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

REALLY

Post the DMT/Gorilla pasta.

What do you mean really? Joe Rogan is great and original, no one like him

>10,000 joe rogan threads an hour
>serial killer thread with almost 400 posts of actual civil discussion gets deleted

What the fuck you hot pocket dunking niggers, fuck this board

I was trying to do one of those meme things where each person types one word

Dmt/gorilla pasta? Im not sure what you mean, I'm new to Sup Forums so please be nice

well no because
*brings the mic closer*
every 10 years your cells in your body actually completely change.
i was reading this article about how DMT can actually advance this process into only taking 6 years because your pineal gland-
jaimie could you get that article up?
yeah but its because your pineal glands can actually make your cells rejuvenate faster ...
here we go
*looks over at the screen*
look at that ...
yeah that chimp must be what? 400 pounds? jesus those things will tear you to shreds

Counting dead, Hedberg still has a special place in my heart.

Limiting to currently active with recent material, tie between Burr and Dipaolo.

Honestly though I feel like I've fallen out of proper stand up. I've listened to Burr and Dipaolo's latest specials, but not anyone elses who I know or like.
It feels like all I listen to now is Opie and Anthony reruns, not stand up proper. Bothers me.

literally the most redpilled man in hollywood

Comedian or philosopher? Can a person be both?

x_x Greg Giraldo
x_x Patrice O'Neal
Dave Attell
Todd Barry
Norm Macdonald
Jeff Ross
Bill Burr
Louis CK
Joe Rogan

As for women:

x_x Joan Rivers
Sara Silverman
Chelsea Peretti
Natasha Leggero
Jen Kirkman

Read in his voice.

>tooth to gum ratio

Was the serial killer thread about the film Zodiac? Or just the Zodiac Killer? One is Sup Forums related, one is not.

Norms material is so fucking polarizing.

I've never experienced such a perfect balance of bombs and homeruns in a comedians career in my fucking life.

Sebastian Maniscalco.

Male comedians are philosophers. And philosophers are merely poets.

Female comedians mostly just want attention.

>he abandoned his dog for that

>same 7 names mentioned in every thread every 3 days

how about strong middles for once or something? i want new people to look up.
joe list?
stupid keith robinson?

;_;

Well at the Bob Saget roast, Norm was bombing on purpose.

I've never heard his podcast or vidcast or whatever it is.

it was someone saying they didn't realize the zodiac killer was real. it was probably a lie to stir up posting about killers, but the thread was perfectly fucking fine.

rogan posting isn't even Sup Forums related and there are already 3-4 threads up in addition to several blacked threads.

joe rogan is pretty good

Is Comedy Central Presents still on? Last Comic Standing?

Like Seinfeld said, most people who try standup comedy fail.

Have you seen Lady Dynamite starring Maria Bamford?

Yeah, he plays up the stupid angle. I get it, get the intention. But a stinker is still a stinker.
It's almost like he either keeps a tally of shitty jokes to legitimate ones, or I'm doing it instead. It's kind of impressive, actually.
His podcast is a huge reason for this though, I'll admit. So if you don't count it he's generally good.
But fuck, man. I think I just hear him too much now because I'm always hoping for his top shelf.

If OP's pic had been from the film Zodiac, it would have stayed up I bet.

Joe Rogan was on Newsradio and standup comedy is Sup Forums related.

While OP's pic does have Rogan, it's about favorite comedians. Do you have any?

I've heard Roast Battle is good.

I also forgot, Pete Holmes is hilarious.

Dave Chappelle. This might be the best 2 minutes of stand up ever recorded:
youtube.com/watch?v=LLWlBgj0uOc

Todd Barry fucking sucks. I saw him at the Comedy Cellar and he was the least funny person to get on the stage. Meanwhile, people like Sam Morril and Ali Wong fucking murdered.Hannibal sucked, too, but I give him a pass because he was drunk as fuck and just talked about going to a basketball game.

Also don't agree with Peretti or Kirkman but that's not too terrible.

Well at the Saget roast he was almost doing anti-humor, or even mocking the concept of roasts itself.

Did you see Norm plugging his book on Conan on October 5, 2016?

Comedy Central calls their "Presents" show "the Half Hour" now. It's pretty good. If you want to check out a good episode from a recent season, I would try Drew Michael. Brooks Whelan (SNL) from last season was good, too.

i don't know, when something like Inside Amy Schumer gains traction and they're willing to take the bottom of the barrel from Jon Stuarts flock as the flagship personalities i kind of left most CC programming behind. at one point i though CCP was either on haitus or cancelled but maybe it came back, it's just the producers/bookers i'd have too little faith in.

not really into sitcoms or dramas, even got tired of Louies quick. that's what Lady Dynamite is right?

more interested in the lesser known guys at this point who the bigger name people trust to warm up for them.
i know most of the people Sup Forums throws praise at, but since i don't see them live i don't really get the chance to see those on tour with them or anything.

i only know list because of nick dipaulo, and robinson cause of wanda sykes back when. their openers.
looking for that type of introduction i guess.

>Did you see Norm plugging his book on Conan on October 5, 2016?

Ever since Craig Ferguson went off, I haven't touched TV talk shows.
Worth looking up, I take it? I'll take a look.

His episode was really fucking good. Seriously I worry this Rogan posting may lead to actual Rogan posting being ignored for dank memes, but at least new people actually start listening, myself included.

I was never a very big fan of Todd Barry. But I mentioned I liked Dave Attell: Road Work and someone on here mentioned Todd Barry: Crowd Work on Netflix and I loved it.

I also saw Ali Wong: Baby Cobra on Netflix and chuckled a few times but generally hated it.

I also forgot to mention I like Kathleen Madigan.

But yeah, comedy is subjective. I generally always watch it intoxicated.

Thanks user.

From what I've seen, Lady Dynamite is just bizarre. I guess it could be called a female Louie, but it's more surreal. There are some appearances by other comedians, I think I saw Patton Oswalt and Brian Posehn on there. But I haven't seen many episodes.

I generally don't like female comedians, but I would put Maria Bamford in top 5 females.

Yeah. And if I were you I would suggest every appearance by Norm on a talk show ever, especially Conan.

>TFW actually going to try a high dosage psilocybin guided session in an effort to fight my crippling anxiety because of shit I've heard off this podcast
There's legitimate evidence that it can have profound turn around on people with depression and anxiety.

Still worried about having a bad trip.

U MUDAFUCKAH, JOE ROGAN

>have anxiety
>take hallucinogens

I'm sure nothing will go wrong user

>has crippling anxiety
>let me take some high dose hallucinogen mushrooms

why not start at a low dose.

I took FOUR GRAMS while fasted. I didn't feel much really. Then out of nowhere I kept blacking out and waking up over the course of 10 minutes. That was scary. The setting was bad because my dealer set a bad tone immediately by saying "this trip will tell me if we can be bros or not". Since I have anxiety etc I am not sociable. Take more than 4 grams. Don't worry you won't feel the urge to slit your wrists or something

This guy is in bed with the rothschilds you stupid fuck

Set and setting. Have a good tripsitter. No TV no phones no outside distractions.

Music may or may not be a good idea.

It reminds me. On Netflix there's a series called Chelsea Does (I think) with Chelsea Handler. One is called Chelsea Does Drugs. They go to the Amazon I think and do ayahuasca, which has DMT in it.

Have you seen the documentary DMT: The Spirit Molecule? It's narrated by Joe Rogan and he appears in it.

>No TV no phones no outside distractions.
Don't listen to this pretentious douchebag. It will help distract you from bad thoughts watching a good show.

Have you taken shrooms before? I would try a 1/16th at first, dude, it will be more than enough if the shit is good. I would not recommend taking a high dosage without getting a sense of what it's like to trip.

Not that guy but...

Study: Psilocybin Mushrooms Can Help Cancer Anxiety
theatlantic.com/health/archive/2016/12/the-life-changing-magic-of-mushrooms/509246/

A Dose of a Hallucinogen From a ‘Magic Mushroom,’ and Then Lasting Peace
nytimes.com/2016/12/01/health/hallucinogenic-mushrooms-psilocybin-cancer-anxiety-depression.html

Oliver Graves

I'm aware of flimsy studies but I'm telling you that taking trips while 1. having anxiety and 2. worrying that you will have a "bad trip" is pretty much guaranteed to have a negative lasting effect on your psych

They are not a miracle cure, it does not work for everyone and you should know yourself whether or not you can handle it. Usually by starting with a moderate dose and working your way up

Really? You're suggesting a first timer watches a TV show while tripping?

And what show do you suggest? Something he already likes? In that case, the trip itself may taint his feelings for the show. If he gets paranoid and thinks the show is talking directly to him.

Music is not as overwhelming as audio/video.

>flimsy studies

But yes, having anxiety and worrying you will have a bad trip before a trip, can mess you up. That's why I mentioned set and setting.

No, they are not a miracle cure.

In fact, if user has crippling anxiety, I've read that fears can be broken down by exposure therapy, or fear flooding combined with a beta blockers.

A Drug to Cure Fear
nytimes.com/2016/01/24/opinion/sunday/a-drug-to-cure-fear.html

The Cure For Fear
Scientists have discovered a radical new way to treat our most traumatic memories.
newrepublic.com/article/133008/cure-fear

Because it's actually recommended to take the higher dose to move past your mental hangups.
Having it be guided will also help tremendously with avoiding a bad trip.
This isn't a recreational thing. This is a therapy session basically.

I'm not going to be listening to dark side of the moon on full blast or some shit.

still patrice

>I'm aware of scientific studies but they're flimsy because of my anecdotal evidence

no but yeah, don't go into it worried, take half an eighth and ease into it and if things ever get too slippery just remember its a drug and how you feel is entirely dependent on your thoughts in the moment.

If I feel things are going south while tripping I just start thinking about a good memory or relationship I have with a friend or loved one.

You clearly don't know how scientific studies work, go educate yourself before mouthing off you fucking neanderthal

I've had shrooms in a recreational setting a few times and only had a bad trip once because the people I was with I didn't trust and some aashole put dark side of the moon on repeat on full fucking blast while I was with people I didn't like.
Really didn't enjoy myself. Other times were just a good body high and had a good time.

This is guided, no TV's, no phones, no assholes I don't trust, and only music is likely mellow meditation type stuff.

Most I've ever taken though was a couple caps, so most likely largest dose I've ever taken.

Maybe you should start small, then ramp up to seriously moving past mental hangups. You don't have to cure your anxiety on the first go.

Unless your tripsitter knows the best dose to give you (which is basically based on milligrams per kilograms of your body weight), a higher dose has higher potential to lead to a scary trip.

Although now that I've said all this, during the trip you may worry "was the dose too high?" What you read before can seriously influence a trip. If you keep reading experience reports on Erowid and then take it, the trip may take on the nature of what you were reading.

youtube.com/watch?v=dI38GtWFihY

reminder that american blacks are the real problem

lmao pls explain how they work and how your counter argument of "lalala im a shitposter on Sup Forums and I say this is flimsy" holds more weight over academic research.

currently talking politics with retards on youtube

Not that guy but...

>Johns Hopkins University initiated their psilocybin studies in the year 2000.

Psilocybin, the Active Ingredient in ’Shrooms, Is Looking More and More Like a Potential Wonder Drug
nymag.com/scienceofus/2016/12/psilocybin-research-looks-very-exciting.html
>The entire December issue of the Journal of Psychopharmacology is given over to two new studies that examined the substance’s psychiatric effects on cancer patients dealing with depression and anxiety

>In one of the studies, led by Roland Griffiths of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 51 cancer patients with “life-threatening diagnoses and symptoms of depression and/or anxiety” were given two doses of psilocybin.

And speaking of mushrooms:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marsh_Chapel_Experiment

Went to see him live like a week, week and a half ago and he was good, but Theo Von had the comedy store in stitches.

Also best comedians right now are Burr and Stanhope.

I don't really browse Sup Forums ever but this seemed like the most appropriate place to ask because you guys have a barren wiki: I'm a stand-up comedy pleb, so who does Sup Forums generally consider the best? As of now I really like Mitch Hedberg and Ed Byrne in particular.

I've never liked Stanhope. Especially on Getting Doug With High. He was ripping on Gabe, Gabe said he's been here every episode.

Stanhope isn't half the comedian Jeff Ross is.

You need literally hundreds of studies before anything is accepted as factual, a couple of FLIMSY studies don't prove fucking anything. You spout off phrases like "scientific studies" and "academic research" while clearly knowing nothing of the process of either. Uneducated cucks like you are what's ruining this planet. Here are some scientific studies for you:

looking at someones eyes can tell you if they're gay
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2184240/Scientists-tell-straight-gay-studying-optical-reflexes.html

coffee cures cancer
caffeineinformer.com/caffeinated-coffee-the-anti-cancer-wonder-drug

drinking large amounts of beer is good for you
nydailynews.com/life-style/health/cheers-beer-good-scientists-article-1.1216888?localLinksEnabled=falsel

I could cherrypick a study to prove literally anything I wanted, this doesn't make it true. People who push studies have agendas, open your fucking eyes and look at the world around you.

I'm actually so fucking mad I'm going to take a walk, kindly kys user

Sometimes I feel like me and Marc Maron are kindred spirits. I'm almost catching up to him in failed relationships.

>who does Sup Forums generally consider the best?

>Itt post your favorite comedian

pretty sure that's what we're talking about

people speak for themselves

anybody who claims to speak for Sup Forums is lying

mitch is great

Sorry, I generally post on Sup Forums so I was kinda looking for the equivalent of a Sup Forumscore chart, whatever that would be

>Getting Doug With High
There's your problem. Benson is shit and his podcast is worse

Have a nice walk user.

But yeah, over time, after many studies, there is a regression to the mean.

newyorker.com/magazine/2010/12/13/the-truth-wears-off
>As the experiment is repeated, that is, an early statistical fluke gets cancelled out.

I don't think the studies on psilocybin are "flimsy" however.

We are very lazy people.

retardo, I'm pointing out the abusrdity in the fact that you, an anonymous sperglord on Sup Forums, are trying to assert your opinion as more valuable than academic research (no matter how flimsy).

I'm sorry you got yourself so worked up, go take that walk lmao

the medium is dead honestly, peaked in the 90's

He Jews out a little too much on his podcast. They can still be enjoyable, but sometimes his guests don't want to talk about their Jewish heritage and he presses the issue.

imo most people who make -core charts are really just plugging in their own opinions

there could be surveys but depend on time of day, who shows up, etc.

i think patrice o'neal gets mentioned a lot. i think i heard patrice is also norm macdonald's favorite.

Which Joan rivers specials do you rec

Do you watch Doug Benson sober? There's your problem.

All the live stage shows of Getting Doug with High are hilarious. Especially if Pete Holmes is there.

I've only listened to a few of his podcasts. I just know that when I put on one of his comedy albums that it feels like home.

Watched a couple of his podcast and 10 minutes of one of his specials. Enough to know to avoid anything with him in it.

have you triedreading his book? I had no idea what the fuck he was imagining about occurred in his life...I gave up while taking a crap one day on page 30...one of these days...when the pooping is right ill finish it

Half these posters are from reddit. They dont get Sup Forums memes

I don't think I've seen many. Most of my exposure to Joan was seeing her savagely roast people on Fashion Police (which was only worth watching for Joan). It would come on after the Oscars or Golden Globes or whatever.

I liked The Comedy Central Roast of Joan Rivers.

There's a documentary I haven't seen, Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work.

Another thing I haven't seen:

In Bed With Joan: Sarah Silverman
youtube.com/watch?v=2OeSh-m39D8

Norm
youtube.com/watch?v=dTWDNIgM2pA

That's a shame to hear

Yeah, I can understand that, but any kind of advice is going to be biased by default and I figure it can't be worse than Watchmojo or whoever the fuck else
Thanks for the suggestions though, I'll check both of them out (looks like Norm Macdonald was on SNL which could be good or bad for me because I really dislike the show but it seems it has a lot of individually talented cast members).

Understandable

Well on the live stage shows of Getting Doug with High, they're usually like 5 other comics on stage. And they all consume vape bags of pot. Sometimes Doug doesn't even talk much. I've never seen them sober though.

As for the usual Getting Doug with High, try the one with Joey CoCo Diaz and Esther Ku:
youtube.com/watch?v=km5tLIbMXao

What comes after REALLY?

ACTIVATES
MY
ALMONDS
???

in that case i suggest

patrice o'neal: elephant in the room
youtube.com/watch?v=YxbyO3882dQ

norm macdonald: me doing stand-up
youtube.com/watch?v=3ionQAAVAIs

I'll probably watch them tomorrow because it's 2 AM over here but thanks, man

>2017
>not eating homemade coconuts

As much as I hate how leftarded he's gotten recently, I'd have to go with Louis C.K.
For my money, Shameless and Chewed Up are the best stand-up specials, and this bit is one of the funniest things I've heard:
youtube.com/watch?v=hRDXeinEUJQ

that youtube live awards trainwreck show a couple years ago still makes me crack up just as much as any of his stand up, as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=A848xpsDJbw

is that kassem g? never liked the guy.

>As much as I hate how leftarded he's gotten recently, I'd have to go with Louis C.K.

Agree.

i got no idea, great awkward norm humor throughout tho.

A recent one I liked was

Jeff Ross Roasts Criminals: Live At Brazos County Jail
youtube.com/watch?v=O7Qxggflfcg

Norm MacDonald: I remember Robert Klein once said, "When I started there were only 100 comics and 10 of them were funny. Now there's 10,000 comics and only 10 funny ones."