>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd
Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)
The Beginner's Guide to Jazz Guitar:
>jazzguitar.be/ebooks/The_Beginners_Guide_To_Jazz_Guitar.pdf
Blues Guitar Lessons:
>learnandmaster.com/resources/Spotlight_Blues_Guitar_LessonBook.pdf

Previous thread:

Attached: trumpguitar.jpg (820x317, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s01NKer4UEwR
clyp.it/cuxg4mxv
guitarvguitar.com/classic-vibe-custom-vs-mim-telecaster.html#view2
vocaroo.com/i/s0VpDh5l7Srv
youtube.com/watch?v=xhOt0vOHp34
youtube.com/watch?v=Ax9Md1XUisU
clyp.it/yqokg0yy
tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/led_zeppelin/the_lemon_song_bass_9589
youtube.com/watch?v=jL-OcVIGs7o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

American made guitar edition

Attached: CMG USA.jpg (1411x531, 263K)

Why don't you have a Les Paul collection /gg/?

Attached: Les-Paul-Collection.jpg (2122x1187, 750K)

I'm not a cuck

Now we both know that's not true

>tfw this is some blues lawyer who plays for an hour on the weekends

Attached: 1247389807625.jpg (970x626, 40K)

My mom's husband has one.

Attached: IMG_7634.jpg (1224x1632, 1.44M)

Why do I like this color so much?

Attached: 0115600372_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg (2400x769, 438K)

>ywn be a blues lawyer who plays for an hour on the weekends

must be nice to have money to burn tho

Attached: elephant.jpg (500x334, 72K)

because it's nice

Attached: stratocaster_980px.jpg (980x2150, 868K)

Lids, give me a way to help me work on my timing when playing bass, I really struggle with keeping and playing in time with the songs.

Stop playing bass.

Metronome

practice with a metronome
then practice with a metronome on the weak beats (2 and 4 in common time)
then practice with the metronome on the and of 2 and 4

So i've signed up for a bass battle and it turns out the other guy is pretty good. Im comfortable improvising over major, minor and dorian scales and can do alot of slap and double slap. Are they any other techniques/tricks I should learn that are really show-offy to non bass players? thanks

Have a (you).

I will toy with this idea now, I will post results in a second. Cheers lad.

A more developed answer than . I will give this a go tomorrow. Cheers for post lad.

Attached: 1518977055754.png (638x758, 32K)

Attached: My-Halo-Custom-Guitar (6).jpg (995x420, 53K)

'85 MIJ Strat or Tokai Strat? Both are $400.

The mij is probably a better deal, not a better guitar but better resale value

It's a better guitar

vocaroo.com/i/s01NKer4UEwR

New delay pedal sounds great

Metronome. Learn your meters, note values and divisions as well. Don't just practice playing straight patterns, either. Playing straight 8th notes won't help you that much, instead break up your 8ths and make patterns into them. You can find tracks made specifically for you to lay bass lines underneath, those can help as well as just finding tracks of drummers playing solo. The more you actually learn the fretboard the more you can actually pay attention to your timing since you'll have to focus less on hitting the right notes.

Big picture though it's not about being a robot, once you start playing with drummers(or other musicians in general) you'll realize that they can play the same part yet the groove will be different. You may need to realize that the first kick of an 8 measure repeating pattern that the drummer consistently hits the kick slightly before the down beat of the first measure and you'll have to adapt or you'll be the odd man out. Or if you're accompanying a keyboard player/singer and they always go into the chorus slightly early. Being able to adapt comes over time from playing with people, but practice will prepare you for it.

Also, I'm not saying that you want to get to a point where you can focus on timing. Eventually you want to be able to fall into a groove and be able to put it on autopilot only stepping in to adjust or add some flare. But, depending on what you want to do being able to focus on timing might be a goal. I'm not sure what the bassist of Tool's method is but precise timing and percussiveness is a big part of his style.

What are you guys playing through for amps? After months of just playing through my little Yamaha practice amp, I ordered myself one of these and a Marshall 2x12. Holy fuck it feels great to play through a real amp again. This thing sounds awesome, that classic Marshall crunch and punch all the way up to thrash metal levels of gain. Very nice and usable cleans, too. I had an Orange TH30 combo for a while and this thing kicks the fuck out of it.

Attached: dsl20hr.jpg (1200x1200, 146K)

Katana

But I'm trying to get this

Attached: rpzf4014n28bchk5sc9x4xc4f0.jpg (1080x1080, 268K)

Jazz Chorus

Frank?

because i'm not rich enough to be that stupid. and because if i was, i'd still just have one or two teles, but i'd have a collection of numerous different kinds of amps and a studio with a complex patch bay allowing me to mix them all simultaneously.

count one ee ann a two ee ann a while you play, and learn to read sheet music. there are games online where it presents you a bar of notes in rhythms and you have to tap it out, those are great for internalizing the rhythm a bar is indicating to you. also go at extremely slow tempos. when i started taking classical guitar lessons i was playing extremely simple score and scales at 40bpm.

Attached: IMG_0457.jpg (4000x3000, 3.2M)

'85 Strat MIJ is a collector's axe. What system trem for $400?

tfw internet went off again and is like 0.2mbps

what does gg think of simon and garfunkel

How can I listen to a metronome and what I'm playing at the same time?

Mesa Tremoverb Combo

best way to find an american strat for under 800 bucks?

i was noodling some shit on my bass and decided to record it when riffs started popping into my head nonstop, is any riff worth into a song? >> clyp.it/cuxg4mxv

Attached: bassist.jpg (299x168, 9K)

are you retarded or something?

Look for a metronome with a visual component.

Just a normal one, no double locking. Also SSS pickups. They'd probably be selling it more if it was in better cosmetic condition since it has a good amount of wear but it plays and sounds great.
Gonna be checking out the Tokai tomorrow, the seller says it's a '93 but I think it's either an '85 or '86. There's another one at a local Guitar Center that plays even better than the MIJ but it's $700.

Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster from Squier were an incredibly well made run, in terms of materials, quality, fit and finish. they can be had for 500 if they're unsold stock and used for 300 regularly. the pickups are decent but you'll probably want to replace them. alder body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard - quality control was on the ball with this run. the attention to detail is there, and the finish is fender quality.

note that Classic Vibe's are a different product and not as good.

Attached: Classic Vibe Custom Tele.jpg (1000x336, 40K)

I saw the EOB in person at a local shop. It really is too white. On the up side, it looks like a standard 8 hole guard so maybe a minty replacement could spruce it up with only a slight pickup color clash.

it's literally a better guitar than a good deal of MIM fenders.

guitarvguitar.com/classic-vibe-custom-vs-mim-telecaster.html#view2

Attached: CVC tele.png (1047x596, 594K)

there is always a Scat general to discuss Squire, Tele, J masis and Kotanas

There's also /gg/, where we discuss guitars and guitar related things in general.

I was looking to pick up one of them dsl combos used but they're holding their value too well. I'd prefer to get an actual jcm2000dsl because they're much more well documented(including common failure points) but they're hard to find local. Glad to hear you came back to the dark, wallet emptying side, it does feel much better. I have a nice monitoring set up for my music computer but it's still not the same. My main amps, depending on gig are a blues jr(that i did most of the bill m mods to) with an sd1 in front, a tubemeister 18 head with a 2x12 cab I built holding warehouse speakers, a peavey classic 50 2x12, or a jcm900 4100/h&k tube50/london reverb165 through a marshall 1960a. I've actually moved away from the heads though recently and I'll pair my classic 50 on top of a 4x12 cab I built with more warehouse speakers for big rooms/outside. The classic 50 does everything all ever need aside from extremely high gain, which I never use for gigs anyways.

nope since your post its clearly promotional but you are not paying Sup Forums instead you skip the sponsored links program
its dishonest pay to the admins to place an ad to your product.

If only it shipped with a good finish

here comes the schizophrenia, someone likes something and now they're part of a shill conspiracy. lol.

I'm not the guy that posted it, just someone that hates gear snobs. Nice try though.

this into a 2x12. love it.
being able to get a great sound at bedroom volume is an important consideration for me, unfortunately.

Attached: J23881000000000-00-500x500[1].jpg (500x500, 83K)

anyone pls?

lmao they dont even try to disguise it anymore

>sam tries to direct people away from his schozophrenia
This is what actual projection is.

uh, back off the paranoia, little guy. my name is david and i'm a mechanic.

Shall we add MPD to the list now? We can use you to prove it's existence.

lmfao you are as crazy as a shithouse rat.

that looks like absolute fartshit

I've never seen a fartshit. Tell me more.

this is my new single
vocaroo.com/i/s0VpDh5l7Srv

8.6 Best New Music

Sorry bro, I'm listening to other things and don't want to break the mood. Trying to break down a wall right now. If you post about it again in the next thread I'll definetly check it out.

ok will do it thanks

A Vox AC15HW1 and a Princeton Reverb Reissue. Kinda was thinking about getting one of the Marshall Origins, but I honestly like the Marshall sounds I get from my amp sim, Scuffham S Gear.

Attached: IMG_20180217_104330335.jpg (4032x3024, 1.72M)

Any way to save the pic on mobil?

no idea. screenshot?

what the hell

how do i get a sick bass tone like this??
youtube.com/watch?v=xhOt0vOHp34

>guitar thread
>people talking about gear they like
fucking y2k dude i warned you about this
inb4 t. fender rep

literally git gud

Fuck, what is this riff?
youtube.com/watch?v=Ax9Md1XUisU

Do you have a special lady in mind for the video?

yes a ladyboy

It was nice user I liked it, improv wise.

please rate /gg/ bros
clyp.it/yqokg0yy
is it good enough for a good band despite the timing bugs?

thanks user
is any specific riff worth into a song?

gimme the tabs and i will rate it

Yea pretty ight, I personally like to simplicate my bass covers and make them sound more in line with the rythm guitar/main melody and add a bit of flare. Though John Paul Jones is pretty goat (for his time period)

improv m8

thanks, i tried to do like the original that has lots of noodling
what u say about the times when i mess up the fingering and fall behind the tempo?

There was like a three or four note riff that was bluessy that started off with a pause, I’m sorry but for the life of me I can’t find it.

The one time I participate in this general and I get the ladyboy lover. Well, I'm out. See you fuckers in a couple of years.

Attached: 3F9B5B00-F9DC-4EF3-A973-607B8EE48222.jpg (236x176, 26K)

Could be anything, sounds like he's just dicking around

are you even trying

then i will not rate it neither open it

TELL ME NOW, or I'll give Robert Fripp your address.

bye see you tomorrow

o-ok here it is
tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/tab/led_zeppelin/the_lemon_song_bass_9589
youtube.com/watch?v=jL-OcVIGs7o

oh its bass ty but no ty

The errors were noticeable but it didn’t make it unbearable, a metronome and practice would help. I always keep in mind that I’m never going to be able to play exactly like Zep so it doesn’t bother me, but if you’re aiming to totally recreate the bass line then that’s all Up to you’re opinion.

Bet you won’t meet up Nigga I’ll slide you’re non good bass playing Bitch ass

Attached: 3B8C6704-072C-43FB-AA48-D2A8C7D2E2AF.jpg (431x300, 25K)

>a metronome and practice would help
how? ive been practicing but getting very few improvement on that aspect
>but if you’re aiming to totally recreate the bass line
not totally, but surely on the style and incorporating their licks

good song

If you’re not seeing results I’d get a looper pedal and try to get each portion of the song correct until I can do it all in one go. You kind of have to get the tempo just right (or you’re satisfaction) or the loop will sound off when it repeats

that will help learning the song, but what for improvising basslines

Heptatonic scale, then breaking the scale and rules of music theory.

>new dorm suitemate sees my guitar
>"woah do you play"
>haven't learned a song in a year, just fuck around on scales
>good around for him
>"Haha bro that's pretty good, come with my to buy a guitar"
Now this dude wants me to help him buy an acoustic guitar. Is max price is $1800 and he's never played an instrument before.

Attached: 0475 - Robopon 2 - Ring Version (U)(Mode7).st0.png (240x160, 2K)

I'd tell him not to spend more than $200-400 unless he really has that kind of disposable income. Chances are he'll drop it after a month or two.

Where can I find one of these early 80's SG specials? I've never seen one like it before but i love it

Attached: d4be704a.jpg (612x783, 86K)

>Where can I find one of these early 80's SG specials
at Norman's Rare Guitars