Now that the dust has settled, what was the most underrated film of 2016?

Now that the dust has settled, what was the most underrated film of 2016?

Days of Thunder

how do the nips not slip out?

zootopia

WHO IS SHE, GIVE ME SOURCE NOW

Tape

The Assassin

Whatever the most underrated is, the most OVERRATED is La La Land.

this little rapscallion looks like she sucks dicks for a living.

custom made

A Quiet Passion by Terence Davies, as far as I've seen, since everybody's focus is on Sunset Song. Sully has also had a pretty quiet release.

However, there's a lot of obscure things out there.

The Nice Guys

One of the best comedies in a long time

I think the title itself triggers the most cynical movie watchers. The best Ryan Gosling when it comes to anything close to it is Blue Valentine. Now that was underrated.

The very definition of every actress ever, nice job Sherlock.

>However, there's a lot of obscure things out there.
Needing help to add more rips for 2016. Any suggestions. Especially anything obscure.

I agree.

Came to say this
Really wish I saw it in theaters. Movie was fucking great

One of the most overrated and least funny movies in a long time. The screenplay and script in general are steaming piles of shit and gosling couldnt pull a decent comedy if his life depended on it, although its hard to judge how much of it is due to horrible screenplay. Still the worst part is the tryhard-cutesy over-the-top child-adult who is just painfully badly written and consequently her apparent talent thrown into dumpster... everything about the movie just feels forced.

In my opinion Toni Erdmann is the most underrated movie of 2016.

that is a poorly fitted dress

This. I didn't think Gosling and Russel fucking Crowe could be funny.

But she's outside in that image

I don't watch actual movies outside of the theater unless it's about checking out someone's filmography. I can't help you, sorry!

Tony Erdmann was the most widely acclaimed film at Cannes this year and governs every top list in magazines, even more so than a Cannes baby like Albert SerrĂ¡. I know that's no Star Wars, but still...

So we are talking "most underrated" in regards to critical acclaim? Thats not a very good indicator of anything. Its criminally underrated compared to 99% of the literal shit that masses gobble up. For example murrica box office revenue for the movie is hilarious.

if you are judging it by revenue plenty of films failed at the american BO this year or fell behind expectations,including the "overrated" nice guys.

xD

Probably because it came out in 2015 and was hardly underrated

Underrated.

I did like it but it really was nothing special. Loses its pace halfway through and then just drags on and on. Goose and Crowe were top.

true dat

The Accountant

>anna kendrick
>ben affleck
>action
thats too many red flags user

that movie made ma a pedo