Warner Brothers planning Harry Potter sequel trilogy?

digitalspy.com/movies/harry-potter/news/a819425/harry-potter-and-the-cursed-child-movie-trilogy-leaked-daniel-radcliffe-emma-watson-rupert-grint/

>tfw milf hermoine

After the latest capeshit and Star Wars installments, it's no surprise that Warner Brothers came back to try and out-dull the current competition to reclaim the throne that is rightfully theirs; the throne for the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody; just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Pls no
Cursed child was utter shit
Don't do this

>cursed child

Literally put every Potter fanfic ever written into a hat and anything you pull out has a 50/50 shot at being better than that pile.

If WB goes through with this they'll be worse than Sony.

Good shit. I get some satisfaction out of watching this dull franchise being ran into the ground.

>making a trilogy out of something I read in a couple hours

That's impressive I guess.

Cursed child is shit, so please no, they'll just ruin the story. I'm okay if they completely recast it with blacks and set it in the hood though.

I don't see this happening for another 10 years, and anything could happen between now and then. My prediction is that someone backs out and the series gets rebooted for television

I hope to fuck Daniel Radcliffe doesn't do this. He's spent years taking weird ass roles so everyone forgets about Harry Potter so going back to it now would be dumb as fuck.

who cares. the series went to the dogs after Azkaban anyway.

This could be done well. It would allow for them to not cut anything from the books. And a different art style could be interesting.

they should recast someone as adult Harry either way. he still looks like a bearded 10 year old

Write some fucking prequel books JK

>Caring about the dullest franchise in history.

"try to out=dull the current competition"

This was beautiful written ,here's a (you)

I can't wait until they run (((Harold Bloom))) into the ground.

/lit/ memes are shit memes

>The Hobbit

The plan is apparently to get JK to adapt it.

It's pasta.

Arent they already doing 4 sequels to fantastic beasts??? JESUS CHRIST

Just remake the movies and let Terry Gilliam direct.

>tfw not sure if ginny or fred/george
How the hell did they manage to make her look so androgynous in that pic?

i lol'd when she announced this at a public event with the cast there, and even they didnt know.

you could just see redmayne's dreams of a second oscar dying in his eyes

Yeah. Considering how little I gave a fuck about the first, I'm not holding out hope for those either.

The introduction is hand-crafted for every thread.

people claimed to not be interested in fantastic beasts and yet it outgrossed moana and dr strange despite being sandwiched between both of them and not having any recognizable characters.

the sequel is gonna bring in dumbledore. it can only get better from here on desu.

The ride never ends. Can we please have some new franchises instead of all these sequels?

Finally someone who agrees

1 and 2: perfect
3: pretty good
4: ok
5-8: suck Hagrid's balls