Why does Finland have a Nordic Cross?

They are not Nordic.

They are same species as Estonians and Mongols

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ueeb3qT5jPo
youtube.com/watch?v=tBDntY7mW5c
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Finland
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When will Japan start flying its rightful flag?
pic rel

why are Finns so CUTE!?

I know this is a meme, but since I post my face all over social media, do I really look like a fucking asian?

Here we make jokes about slant eyed people, not the other way around.

jou jou mään chicago

your school bully? my bully looked similar

this is the reason why you dont nuke a country twice

Rook rike a Savonian.

jou jou matafaka pystyks flippaa vähä jointtii veli xD

youtube.com/watch?v=Ueeb3qT5jPo

Ei vittu :DDDDDDD

herran pieksut

Saatanan ipanat vittuun

Jonnet ei muista keltaista pörssiä

muistan. ostin pv:n sieltä

Finns hate themselves, therefore they larp Scandinavians and copy them in every manner.

What the hell is a "nordic" cross. Ever heard of the Christian cross?

How do we larp as Scandinavian

Image being an edgelord. Yup, that's you.

It's taken from a Russian yacht club flag you nonce.

youtube.com/watch?v=tBDntY7mW5c

idiot

Nordic meme identity and outlook

Somebody's in denial

The worst self-haters are the people from SW Finland who claim they look Germanic.

In reality, the genetic differences between the Germanic race and SW Finns are very deep and this is very much reflected in their faces as well. It's almost unheard of for a Finn anywhere in the country to look Danish(Swedes are mongrelized).

It's not just about the eyes, everything else is different too.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Finland
learn some history for yourself, my swarthy friend

kek

Thankfully Swedes will go extinct soon enough, larping won't be an option then.
Yes, the similarity between the flag of Finland and those of Scandinavians is obviously pure coincidence.

You do realize no one thinks these things outside Sup Forums and other autist forums?
>It's almost unheard of for a Finn anywhere in the country to look Danish(Swedes are mongrelized)
Normal people aren't haplogroup autists knowing the exact phenotype. Never heard of that stuff. I've been mixed with swede, russian, american, french. Just because I look white

ffs go out sometimes and abroad if you need some perspective
t. eri

not saying it didn't play a part, but the final version of the flag of Finland came about through various contingencies, not merely by larping that we're up there with Danes and Swedes. Furthermore, I would argue that it's perfectly justified to have some symbolism regarding our long history under Sweden in our flag. I mean, it was like 600 years of history we more or less hung in there with the Scandis.

hope i don't come across as too big of a hurri

I'm 100% sure that if you posted your picture right now you would look like a generic Finn

>Most people are retarded
What else is new

I would most likely. But it get mixed with other white people normies can't tell the difference.
and that's 99% of the people. You shouldn't really stress over that

>to have some symbolism regarding our long history under Sweden in our flag
That's not a very solid foundation for a country, taking pride in having been under somebody else.
>I mean, it was like 600 years of history we more or less hung in there with the Scandis.
No we didn't, Scandinavians know nothing of our struggle and only an idiot would claim otherwise.

Wait, are you actually trying to say 99% of Finns could be confused for foreigners?

Definitely not.

Finns abroad. And abroad we're foreigners too. Ebin.
But when we're abroad we're just the average white people.

Sure, all Sami people could also pass for locals in Germany as well if Finns could.

What I meant was that Sweden laid out the foundations for the eventual Finnish state. And even if you consider our flag a symbol of oppression, of the options available at that time, that flag managed to satisfy the needs for a unifying symbol the best. We have done just fine with our flag. Have you seen any of the alternatives?

They could, why not? Arto Länsman Tukiaisen exä vois ihan helposti mennä saksalaisesta. Ja kyllä tuokin saamelainen menis ihan valkoisesta joka paikassa. Kannattas viettää aikaa enemmän oikeassa elämässä miltä ne näyttää ku haplokarttojen parissa

Have you ever visited anywhere?

Why do we have this stupid cross of some cuck who died 2000 years ago. I think we should adopt CHAD Islamic Crescent imo.

#
Well it's not really larping, since we were part of Sweden for so long

That doesn't make us Scandinavian, but our history and culture has been very much affected by Sweden, and that's just how it is

Not saying that we should keep copying everything from Sweden, but being "Nordic" isn't really larping in our case

I've been to Southern Europe but not Western.

Anyway I think most Finns at least would be able to discern foreigners from Finns most of the time simply because we are familiar with our own looks.

Yeah I think most of us have this "finnish look" But they know it.
To foreigners we're just other white people. Anyway I don't know why Finns are so insecure how they look.

That goes for most states in Europe (having adopted civilization from another country), yet they haven't taken our path because they have some measure of pride. Finns are basically Swedish lapdogs, even today.
Taking pride in having been under Sweden or larping a Scandinavian are equally disgusting. There is no point in being independent if your country's identity revolves around having been subjugated for most of its history. I most definitely wouldn't die for such a country.

>thought thread would have proper comments and stuff
>it's just finns calling each other larpers, cucks and wishing sweden dead

Fuck off animeposter. Swedes are gay.

>Finns are basically Swedish lapdogs, even today.

lel, sure. we're constanty pushed around by SWEDEN, yes. In reality, it's just that lefties in this country like the tolerance and ""European values"" of Sweden. Sure, we sometimes look to Sweden if something is working well there, but you're overblowing this

We are not larping as Scandis

Tell me, what should be different?

The real question is: Why doesn't Estonia and Mongola have a nordic cross ?

Estonia is influenced by Germany and Russia moreso than Scandinavia hence the tricolor.

We're autistic. I thought you already knew this.

I love sweden

Also nice get

Yes but not like this, thought like just joke stuff.
Thank you, I love love love Finland.

>78602514
why does Japan have a bangla spot flag that South Asian women paint on their forheads???

Stfu animeposting faggot

Finland hates Sweden and Japan

reminder that Finland stole the flag of Portugal many years ago

If Finns had spine we wouldn't have Swedish as an official language and mandatory Swedish at schools, nor would we hoard immigrants in the name of "Nordic co-operation".
>what should be different
Everything concerning our self-image.

Reminder you owe us money

More precisely

What should be our self image?

Why does Japan have a red dot as a flag? What are you, married to a fucking indian?
The white and blue flag was more aesthetic than the current one tbqh

not really

>If Finns had spine we wouldn't have Swedish as an official language and mandatory Swedish at schools

that is an idiotic relic, but a rather exceptional one in its saliency. Having some language taught in our schools doesn't equate Sweden's dominion over Finnish political life.

>nor would we hoard immigrants in the name of "Nordic co-operation".

I haven't heard of this.

Good question.

A pan-Finnicist one, emphasizing heritage and kinship.

Because they chose to be with the Nordic guys instead of the Russians. They chose west > east.

t. Scumbag Teuvo

>Having some language taught in our schools doesn't equate Sweden's dominion over Finnish political life
But the majority of the population is against it, surely it would've been removed by now were it not for politicians being in the pocket of Fennoswedes.
>I haven't heard of this
That's how they justify everything from mandatory Swedish to importing shitskins.

The sad thing about this little guy in the picture is that he used to have a firm belief in being a Southern Finn because he's from a formerly Finland-Swedes town which was overran by Northern Finns(his parents), who he hates.

He is exactly what he despises.

This

And this was quite much because Finns learned to see Russia as a threat because of history

If history had been different Finland could been have been even "Slavic"

could have been*

all countries have always had individualist elites like that. The fact that some hunk of this country's elite consists of some other groups than the average Pete doesn't make us exceptional

Yes it does, this kind of shit isn't forced in any other country in Europe.

A rather naïve thing to assume that all other European elites are dedicated solely to their people, not to their own selfish interests

I never said that, only that their selfishness isn't as hard felt as here. Not purging the Fennoswedes when we had the chance was a horrible mistake.