So that's incredibly dumb, right?

So that's incredibly dumb, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_wall
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

so meta

DC ON THEIR KNEES

Ugggghhh dad it's a callback! You wouldn't get it, it's a new thing, really popular now!!

>Trailer was great
>Characters had depth and flaws
>Enough light humour with comics to keep the tone consistent
>DC still trying to make a film to beat THOR on Rotten Tomatoes

Stay cucked with your Jesus metaphors

>self references
>no Marvel logo

Capeshit is dead

Holy fuck dude it was just a question

Tonight you should rethink your attitude

It's not a Marvel movie

>>DC still trying to make a film to beat THOR on Rotten Tomatoes

Yeah we know about the corruption

WE LEGENDS NOW

Daily reminder that there is no beef between xmen fans and dc fans. Never has been never will be. Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise is lying to you.

Fox comics no thanks!

Self reference is a sign that the material is comfortably established and successful. Read nearly any Stephen King novel and you'll find the same thing.

No, it isn't dumb.

Not really. I wouldnt put it in a trailer, but its there on purpose. Its saying this movie is going to(try) be darker than average capeshit.

Will we ever get Sauron and the Savage Land in the movies?

Arguing over superhero movies is all you retards do now.

>So

Opinion invalid.

I like how studios have a collective brain of a toddler basically. Deadpool made a wagon of cash and it had 4th wall cracks, so I guess we gotta make some in our next movie.

The sadder thing is, they are right.

Thats not 4th wall though.

Considering that there's X-Men comics in-universe, no

Didn't know that. Still dumb.

trailer was great
looking forward to logankino

>Stephen King
no thanks

You don't have to like it to know it's good.

Looks generic and bland but better than Marvel (aka less generic and bland)

Bendis?

ITT

They've been a plot point in some books in the past. Last I remember, the teams licensed it out to in-universe Marvel to write them.

The writer?

The writer named Bendis?

>Sup Forums
Everyone hates everything

>Everyone hates everything popular
FTFY

Within the reality of the X-Men cinematic universe, it makes sense. The last film (Apocalypse) shows that people are fascinated by mutants and that Mystique is regarded as a hero, and she's an X-Man at the end of that movie. It makes sense that they'd create comic books about the X-Men.

I think Marvel has the rights to the Savage Land, but this trailer proves they have the rights to Sauron. However, Fox seems to want to make their movies more grounded and serious, so I don't think they'd want to use a man whose power is to turn into a flying dinosaur by absorbing mutant energy like a vampire.

how is Beast allowed but Sauron isn't? THAT'S RACIST AGAINST PTEROSAURS, FUCKING CATFAGS

Not really, we make up movies and shit about soldiers in real life. Why wouldn't the x-men universe be cluttered with pop culture stories about their own superheroes.

Beast is too iconic to not include, and his actual character is more grounded. Plus, a furry man is cheaper than a dinosaur man.

Sup Forums never fails

>Movie looks good
>Immediately rush to hate on it
>Call any who disagree a pleb

Literally the only good things Sup Forums agrees on is The Wire and Rome

Maybe they're afraid of getting sued by Tolkien's estate and WB.

>Plus, a furry man is cheaper than a dinosaur man.

Considering how much worse Beast looks from movie to movie (X3 best Beast), you're probably right, they'd fuck up Sauron hard

Marvel Comics exists in the MCU and the Fox films. Captain America showed them publishing the Cap comics as propaganda, same as in real life, just based on a real person instead of fictional.

My biggest issue with this is teasing the yellow suit again. He's got to show up with it in Deadpool at some point, surely.

agree plus it would be impossible to animate his mouth to look realistic or even normal to talk

>corruption

Warner Bros owns RT, m8

It really did shock me to find out he straight up cites LOTR as the inspiration for his name, I just thought it was a dinosaur thing

Only 30% and they don't own the critics (because RT doesn't have critics). We've been through this shill

>My biggest issue with this is teasing the yellow suit again. He's got to show up with it in Deadpool at some point, surely.

You're never going to get it.

NEVER.

Logan in civilian clothes looks so fucking good but you guys just won't let it go.

4th wall breaking should be done by Deadpool and Deadpool alone.

Wolverine breaking it, is awful.

Yeah kelsey grammer was best beast

I didn't quite like it. Having seen previous Wolverine movies and shit what is newer capeshits (suicide squad, civil war) this seems very generic, especially when there's a kid involved, seems like she's going to be a mary sue

Don't get me wrong, he looks fucking great. I just want five minutes of him storming into a room in the yellow suit, murdering everyone and Wade making a joke about how it only took twenty years to make it happen and asking if we're happy now.

And RT is an aggregator. Warner Bros don't own every single media source on the planet and thus hire and control what they write about a film which is then collected and put in an easy digestible score for brain dead retards like yourself to read.

It's not 4th wall breaking. At all. 4th wall breaking is turning to the camera and going "But that would just be silly, right?" or "Hey kids, see what I'm going to do next!" or whatever.

Why is Sup Forums so fucking stupid?

>Logan has a big fight
>recovering in a motel
>thumbs through an xmen comic
>stops on a page
>cut-to a closeup of the page
>it's memepool
>"not that asshole again"

POST CREDITS

>memepool strolling along the street, singing I'm walking on sunshine, bumps into x-23 and Logan.
>"hey guys, I'm going on a super fun dangerous mission, wanna come? It'll be fuuuuuuuuuun"
>x-23: FUCK YEAH

screen cap this post

Seems more like a little nod to The Boys, which is a grimderp capeshit graphic novel series.

Since Logan is much more grimderp than the other shit, makes sense they're nodding to a series which DC wanted gone.

Maybe they could drop the Sauron name and call him Dr. Lykos?

Wolverine dies in the film.

X-23 gets picked up by Cable and dumped in the 'young X-Men' universe to grow up there, with Deadpool and shit.

back when they rumored that Reynolds was going to be in it (he's not or is he?) I thought they'd show him and cable appear as a lead up to Deadpool 2 and take X-23 with them from a dying Logan.

can't do it, Sup Forums. i just can't

a little girl who is a superbadass warrior and her cool werewolf daddy.

this is pleb beyond belief.

what are you people DOING? this kangaroo jack tier kitsch.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_wall

you = DERP IM A FAGGOT

Actually

>Flash of light
>Laura turns, Logan isnt there
>See three people from behind all from the waist down
>One obviously deadpool from the costume
>One has four arms (Spiral)
>One has a metallic arm (cable)
>Gruff voice starts to speak saying Laura we need you...
>Deadpool cuts in
Paraphrasing as my dad has said they have reshoots scheduled
>Sweety we need to take you somewhere and then leave you there so you can come somewhere else and help us

But you don't have to believe me, i dont give a fuck

I honestly don't think it's dumb at all. If X-Men existed, there would be shows and movies about them, absolutely. Maybe not THEM because they likely wouldn't sign away their likeness rights (Unless some of them liked the attention) but practically identical copies of them, sure. I really don't think it's stupid as all, makes sense to me.

It's not that different from criminals walking around in Avengers Halloween masks in the Spider-man movies or the Hulk and Thor toys in Agents of Shield

he isn't so great in comics/TAS either, looked like a pallette switched logan

I'm actually expecting a line about the yellow suit from Wolvie, as he's flipping through the comic book: "What the fuck am I wearing?"

We already had that in X1 so might be time for another.

No, it wasn't.

>right?
You don't have your own opinion cunt?

>wikipedia

Did you see Warcraft? orcs looked amazing there.

If this girl is the new Wolverine than how is she going to join Sansa Stark and the rest of new cast?

>Sauron
>Tolkien's ultimate Evil
>Not Melkor
Not only a villain, also a pleb.

The X-Men universe has X-Men comics in them. They're kinda famous, especially by this timeline. The comics just aren't based in 100% accuracy.

rekt

How do you know someone's read the Silmarillion? They'll fucking tell you

so does Loligan have super strength

>Loligan

Laura.

Well yeah that's generally how gaining information about people works.

I'm pretty sure they're ditching that group and doing New Mutants and X-Force.

Yeah I should have said they won't shut up about it, I goofed

Is this from Deadpool?

No, a new trailer for Logan came out.

So is this movie rated R, inspired by the success of Deadpool?

Yes.

Originally The Wolverine was supposed to be rated R. But obviously after the success of Deadpool, Fox realised they can do an R rated movie and still have it be a success.
I'm pretty sure X-Force will be rated R too.

>DAMN, GIRLS LOOK BADASS LIKE *THAT*??

Its funny how people think its absurd. Shakespeare had hit plays about kings that had only been dead about 50 years. Jesse James had novels published about him. The 1940's hollywood stars had novels written about them, that were pretty much entirely fiction. It's really NOT unheard of.

We don't know yet. X-force may be down the line in 2021 or so. Rumors are we may see a 7th X-men movie, new mutants and deadpool 2 in the next few years. X-force on hold till they can figure out how work deadpool in. And then of course a deadpool 3, x-force 2. Good thing Ryan Reynolds is only in his 40's, we got a good 10-15 years for him to do 4 more movies or so.

What an edgelord

its not a marvel thing to exist in its own universe as a form of media
the DC universe has prime earth, which is real earth.

It's for people like you that my picture of the transformation has this filename. There's one in every thread.

They had a great director in First Class
>let's hire Singer instead

now I just sit down and imagine how greater this new trilogy could've become

can't make 2 good ones in a row.

Stop. It hurts.

Yeah, because Storm hasn't been that dark in any of the movies. The artist sucks.

40 years too late, Marvel

That's pretty funny

>nobody knew about Morgoth in 1969

guess again, he was mentioned in Appendix A of ROTK!

so ring a ding dillo to you, faggot!

>X-23 gets picked up by Cable and dumped in the 'young X-Men' universe to grow up there

more fucking time travel.

of all the things to stay true to the comics.

just relax my man its a cool book

it exists in the comics