UTA: Favors starts next to Gobert in scrimmage
DAL: Wes Matthews dealing with a sore right ankle
MIA: Spo says Bam Adebayo will play more than C
NO: Allen: Pels are going to feed Boogie and AD
OKC: Russell Westbrook agrees to 5-year extension
PHI: Trust The Practice: Joel Embiid scrimmages
DAL: Carlisle: DSJ comfortable on almost anything

Other urls found in this thread:

theringer.com/nba/2017/9/29/16382606/lebron-james-los-angeles-lakers-cleveland-cavaliers-nba-free-agency
youtube.com/watch?v=D1Y0juD4doY
youtube.com/watch?v=ZFV5MIfySrw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Aside from Pop, who is the best coach in the league?

only one post here weird...

boogie to da land when?

>who is the best coach in the league other than the best coach in the league
I'm not sure, but he doesn't work in LA or Cleveland.

wasnt derrick rose supposed to go to milwaukee?

6th for based KD

You're right; he works in Dallas

>that spacing

billy donovan

>Alot of fans had fun NBA offseasons for their teams.
>The team i root for kept its inept front office and let them trade away the best player for an old second year PG that couldn't win a starting job when they were trying to hand it to him. An athletic guard coming off an ACL injury and only traded up to 7th in a 6 player draft to take a lanklet from finland with a bad back.
>And they gave away their first round pick in the deal anyway.

Well i hope everybody else is going to have a fun season to watch. Maybe mine will be good in another decade.

yo fuck gowiz

Rick Carlisle

How much better than Nash was Stockton?

proxyfags are so annoying

Stockton holds five of the six most APG seasons in NBA history, including first with 14.5. Stockton also have 11 All NBA vs 7, 5 All Defense vs 0 and 10 All Star vs 8 as well as two finals appearances, though Nash has 2 MVPs. There shooting percentages are very similar (those Nash in his prime was more volumes and efficient) across their entire career Stockton is slightly ahead (13.1 PPG on 51% vs 14.3 on 49%). Stockton also has 11 50 win seasons vs 9

he wasnt

lmao shut up underage kiddies

Stockton was elite on both sides of the court, Nash was a one dimensional loser who didn't become good until the NBA changed defense rules

Stockton was based
>Stockton avoided most endorsements, and he stayed loyal to Utah despite being offered significantly more money by other teams. In 1996, he agreed to a deal that made salary-cap space available so the team could improve, but in exchange, he insisted on guaranteed Delta Center ice time for his son's hockey team.[30]

>CHI: Lauri Markkanen (back spasms) is day-to-day
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

this is what your shitposting has done

He's coming.

I genuinely wonder what Chicago's plan is.

Markkanen is the next Dirk

get the first overall next year and start building around LM and porter

Who says no?

NBA2k18 worth it?

Any decently sane person.

Not if you're running OKC

Who can stop us?

The shot clock

That's true, Sam Presti is batshit crazy and criminally insane.

Singler, Huestis, and a second rounder for AD.

the police

Now that Westbrook signed a million dollar contract, do you think Westbrook really could beat Durant on 1x1 basketball?

Rick Carlisle, Coach Spo or Mike Bud

Ugliest team in the league, and I'm a Grady baby

It'd be an interesting game. I think Westbrook always could, though. That's not to say Westbrook is a better player, one on one is just a different game than 5 on 5. Westbrook is the best ISO player in the league and I'm unsure anyone in the league can beat him to 21 in a game of one on one. Maybe Kawhi or Lebron.

I really want a one on one tournament to replace the all-star game.

>Westbrook is the best Iso player in the league

> Westbrook the best ISO player in the league

Vogel cause I miss him a lot

Nash is better than both Stockton and Magic.

In what ways?

Offensive magic.

Both Stockton's and Magic's assist records are inflated because of the era.
They were all 3 net negatives on defence so I'm not going to talk about that.

So offence is left, and Nash is one of the best ever.

>Net negatives on defence
Stockton made 5 all defensive teams you dumb fuck.

Would you be ok with that idea?

Part 13: Most Forgotten NBA Player

Shawn Marion

4x All Star
2x All NBA Team
2010-2011 Championship with Maverick

Career Stats:
PPG: 15.2
RPG:8.7
SPG:1.5
BPG:1.1

Shawn Marion Best Season

2001-2002 season
PPG:19.1
RPG:9.9
SPG:1.8
BPG:1.1

2002-2003 season
PPG:21.2
RPG:9.5
SPG:2.3
BPG:1.2

2003-2004 season
PPG:19.0
RPG:9.3
SPG:2.1
BPG:1.3

2004-2005 season
PPG:19.4
RPG:11.3
SPG:2.0
BPG:1.5

2005-2006 season
PPG:21.8
RPG:11.8
SPG:2.0
BPG:1.7

Career High Best Season
PPG: 21.8(05-06 season)
RPG: 11.8(05-06 season)
SPG:2.3(02-03 season)
BPG:1.7(05-06 season)

My Thoughts: Im tired of me hearing Kawhi is the greatest defender ever lived behind Rodmon. Even though Kawhi is up there but ya also missing other players who were great defenders two. For example like Shawn Marion. Actually Shawn Marion was the best defender on the that Suns squad. Shawn Marion definitely up there as one of the best defenders along with prime Gerald Wallace and Prime Tony Allen. Even though Shawn Marion don't have a Hall of Fame career or ever hit Superstar status but he definitely a player you want on your team. Shawn Marion is also a great two way player. I'm not just saying Marion had a underrated career but as a defender he's extremely underrated in my opinion

Coming up next: Lamar Odom

The @la_sparks are one win from the 2017 @wnba title with tonight’s win! #WNBAFinals

Yes. Contract the league to 8 teams and do that. Would be excellent.

Lol KD would swat Westbrook's shoot and he'd just throw shit up from outside and brick.

Why does Lebron pretend to give a fuck about WNBA? Kobe has daughters and goes to games but Lebron does not fuck with it at all

Speaks volume how shit previous eras were.

5'10 point guard top defence?

don't make me laugh

Niggas don't know about based Matrix. I'm glad he got a ring but that suns squad with Nash, Stat, Joe Johnson, and him should have won a title but they got unlucky

Why don't playbooks matter in MyLeague when you simulate?

with the salary cap, it will actually help small market teams that are typically not weighed down by albatross contracts.

Only post so far ITT. Congrats Sparks! The only team in LA that's not bandwagoned as FUCK.

>haha, it's cute they pretend
Lebron and Snoop and a whole bunch of others were at the game because they WANTED to be there, you forever-alone casual. With a WNBA team in town, you can watch basketball year 'round, unless you're gonna be pissy that women can vote and drive.

This is not a test! The dynasty starts today! where's all my lakers bros? get fucking in here

sup pimp

theringer.com/nba/2017/9/29/16382606/lebron-james-los-angeles-lakers-cleveland-cavaliers-nba-free-agency

The draft that saved the Kings

Golden State, San Antonio, Houston, OKC, Cleveland, Miami, Boston, Milwaukee, Sacramento, New Orleans, Denver, Portland, Philly, Washington, Charlotte, Clippers, Minnesota, Brooklyn, New York, Syracuse, Florida, Louisville, North Carolina, Villanova, Kentucky, Duke, Gonzaga, UCLA, UCal, Kansas, [insert 6A high school varsity team here], the defunct Seattle Supersonics, and the Washington Generals.

Still beat Orlando tho.

ayo

This doesn't even look like an NBA team

Rate my line up

Nobody watches that shit and never will, would rather watch G league

It really depends on what you value. Stockton's main advantages over Nash are longevity and defense. Stockton played at an elite level for like 15 years, whereas Nash's peak was 7 or 8 years at most. And Stockton was probably a decent-to-good defender for a point guard while Nash was historically bad on defense even for a point guard. Although that kind of depends on how much you care about point guard defense which is up to you. Nash's advantage over Stockton is that he was a better shooter - he took more 3s at a better rate.

Stockton was definitely better over the course of his career. but I think you could reasonably say that they were about equal during their respective peaks. A lot of it just comes down to style.

youtube.com/watch?v=D1Y0juD4doY

how fucked is /nba/?

we talkin about practice

Scared to death scared to look they shook cuz ain't no such things as half way crooks

>sixers
lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=ZFV5MIfySrw

>he doesn't player super realistic MyLeagues where you play all 82 games over the span of several decades and make small calculated moves to eventually contend

Lengthy non shooting defensive orientated line up that will be in luxury tax hell in a few seasons

6/10

How is it not realistic? I didn't cheat to get what I wanted and playing through seasons before and using these guys I know that I should be able to afford all of them if I pile my bench with nothing but vet mins

>he doesn't player

Also I don't know what you mean by "non shooting." In my past experiences, Richardson, Winslow and Exum all end up among the best 3 and D players in the league

2k most players get a 99 overall 3pt shot in a few seasons, Winslow and Exum can't shoot for shit in reality and Winslow probably never will be able to fire them up.

2k MyLeague trade finder/machine is notoriously easy to exploit for young high potential players who develop into all stars for next to nothing. You can flip bad contracts/older players for young studs/draft picks all day, doesn't mean anyone would do that shit ever

>2k most players get a 99 overall 3pt shot in a few seasons, Winslow and Exum can't shoot for shit in reality and Winslow probably never will be able to fire them up.
So you're saying that despite the fact that they can shot well in my game I should ignore them because they shot like shit in real life?

You should edit each player's attributes, badges and tendencies individually to be more reflective of their actual abilities.

Brandon Ingram should be a 65 overall

That would take hours and wouldn't be worth it. And when the AI decides that LeBron should join the Warriors in the first year I stop giving a shit about reality

Brett Brown

>he doesn't control all 30 teams
How else did you get KD to join Golden State after they flipped Bogut to clear cap when you started from the offseason in 2k17?

Bro, it's been 10 years. Get a damn life.

Like seriously there's nothing no pathetic about you.

I didn't. KD joined the Cavs and LeBron joined the Warriors

Kerr, Spoelstra, Stevens, and Carlisle.

10 years of ass pain, I find it hilarious.

Not even worth playing that way, if you don't control every team when you play most teams will wind up with a rotation of centers that look like Orlando's paying max contracts to multiple players in the same position. Every single rookie who gets minutes will be an 80 overall in their 4th year and get a $20 million contract for three years from the team that drafted them, and no team except your own will have any cap space and will pay out the ass in luxury tax. Teams will draft multiple superstars at the same position. You HAVE to control every team and act in their best interest individually/make retarded moves for the Knicks and Magic, or just play three year MyLeagues

That's basically just being God. All I want is a MyGM mode where you can actually control shot tendencies

Name a person that can stay in front of him and stop him from going to the rim.

Please tell me. Only way you can is if you've got help defenders near the rim to keep him away.

In 1v1 you can't stop him from getting 2 every possession.

MyGM will always be trash because the AI is too retarded, but I love the coach badges in that mode too much to stop playing it.

the fucking nonsense in those comments

But we don't watch him play 1 on 1. Any talk about 1 on 1 is just speculation

>he didn't watch OKC during the 2010-2013 seasons when iso was still the primary way to score for every team

You just got exposed newfag.

>Help defence was created in 2013

why do people think its a big deal to score a lot of points at MSG? The Knicks suck

No, the Spurs beautiful basketball was created in 2014 and everyone else in the league started copycatting.

You've been exposed twice in a row now.

lol

Even if that were the case, Westbrook would still not be paying one on one as his movements would have to take into account the bodies of others

>John Wall spammer BTFO by Westloyal

>mfw Wall will never be first team all NBA

Wall is going to be first team all NBA this year

book it

gowiz btfo lmao pussy ass nigga

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no

As long as Curry, Harden, and Westbrook exist this will never happen.