Tell me about the Russian Orthodox religion...

Tell me about the Russian Orthodox religion, I don't really know much about it other than the leaders of it are literally called the Patriarchs, they hate terrorists, the pope and degeneracy and will bless rocket ships, tanks, guns and soldiers which is cool as fuck.

I was never really exposed to religion as a kid and have been wanting to learn more about it, Russian Orthodox seems like one of the more interesting choices, alongside Mormonism, just for being so different compared to mainstream American Christianity. Also Buddhism and Confucianism seem interesting to me but for different reasons.

did you really just put orthodoxy in the same category as Mormonism?
let me tell you the blatant differences between mainstream meme christianity and Orthodoxy
>2.5 Hour literagy.
>Saints and feastdays
>Name days
>Alterboys arent touched at a young age
>priest can get (and often is) married
>intense following
>been around since jesus was crucified
>the only true way to worship as a christian
>uncut, doesnt believe in jew magic
>is the most red pilled christian faction.
t. Greek Orthodoc

>put orthodoxy in the same category as Mormonism?
Just because they're both significantly different than contemporary Christianity and Catholicism.

Feasts sound fun.

Oh and also
Got any kinda fruity beliefs about shitty stuff like not being able to eat certain foods or anything close to the crazy shit the Jews do?

No you can eat everything. If you want to be strict there are some periods you have to abstain from animal products

like what the fuck are you talking about nigger? fasting?
I dont remember that.
theres a period after lent where you fast for 40 days and nights on something of your choosing but ive also heard you cant eat meat on fridays, so people eat fish, which doesnt count as fish..

I was an alter boy for 10 years. I was given the 40 day blessing by ArchBishop Seraphim of Athens, in the Greek Orthodox Church in New York City which was destroyed by 9/11.. The Priest there was the father of George Stephanopolous
>pic related, its THAT George Stephanopolous.

but no, nothing too extreme.. aside from the 2.5Hour services, the baptism after birth, and the body and blood being served in the form of actual wine and bread, theres no religious belief difference. We have saints and martyrs we have feast days about. feastdays and name days go hand in hand. theres a feastday for every name, and the nameday is more important than your actual birthday in some cases.

Does the Orthodox church have the same bible as other denominations? Like the standard King James version or do they use a different translation?

King james nigga, although most of the text was originally written in ancient greek... think about some of the books of the bible
>Corinthians
>Corinthians 2
>Thessalonians
all greek..
and the book of John or someone else, one of the Gospels, was greek too..

Much of what you understand in the new testament is origin of greek

Is there a real difference between Greek Orthodoxy and Eastern Orthodoxy and Asian and all those type?

t.kill yourself

Yeah fasting. Sarakosti and shit.

Shut up analbanian

t.pay denbts

Make me cuck.

Just walk in any prtodox church from Europe. Russian, Greek, Serbian etc and ask away. We are all equals there is no such thing as hierarchy, we are one family under God.

remove yourself

learn more.

Its good, if youre religious.

It was started recently tho. It was started by Rurik which was 1000AD

Hates the pope? Why do they hate Catholics?

Not hate catholics. Hate the pope, as in the Muslim loving fuckboy currently in the Vatican.

The hardcore Orthodox consider
Catholicism heresy.

>
>It was started recently tho. It was started by Rurik which was 1000AD

You wat mate? First of all there is no Russian ortodox church. There is one undivided, holy and Catholic ortodox church that was established by Jesus and his apostles on the last supper.

We hate Catholic cuz they separated from us and bishops threw anatema on each others in 1054, but more cuz they always worked for the destruction of eastern faith and people who serve the lord in that manner.

Hello fellow greek orthox bro and a late xristos anesti

Russian Orthodox religion has been used to replace the "moral compasses" of Russia and its near-abroad after the fall of Communism/Marxism/Leninism.

It's much more heavily promoted than during the Soviet times (the USSR was officially atheist) because the Russian government finds it convenient to point to and say "we can do X because the Patriarchs say its ok!", even though the Patriarchs are some of the biggest Oligarchs themselves.

A bit drunk im sorry i did not want to sound like i wanted do fight or anything i apologize.
Ehat i wanted to say ortodox Christianity existed good 900 years before even slavs came to the wirld stage, russians included.

Russian Orthodox is the church of the Russian state, look at other Orthodox churches.

Guys Russian ortodox church is not ortodoxy.
There are older churches. Like Greek Ethiopian and Antiochian. Its just one branch i dont know why you take it as reper.

alithos anesti although youre like 3 months late lol

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that, it's just that OP specifically asked about Russian Orthodoxy, which is a relatively new development used as a tool of the Russian state.

I know that there are many other Orthodox churches around the world. In the US we commonly lump them all together as "Eastern Orthodoxy" since they are relatively uncommon.

fucking albanians.

non-christian, muslim loving nigger tier of europe

Yea i get it now and i agree. I think op used that fallacy as well. Eastern churches= Russian or Greek or whatever. Im sorry for my tone bro, i see what you saying and it has perfect sence in this context. Op do needs to read more like someone said. Its a ortodoxy thing, you got to prove you are committed and worthy, thats why we never had missionaries except on alaska and Japan.

> a relatively new development

The Eastern Slavs converted to Christianity in the 10th and 11th centuries.
The Russian church became autocephalous in the 16th century.
It has always played an integral part in the national consciousness of the Russian people.
That the regime relies on the church is not new, that was also true in tsarist times.

>Tell me about the Russian Orthodox religion
cancer

sad
>sad
sad
>sad
sad
>sad
sad
>sad
its one of the redeeming qualities of your country.