JPOP GENERAL

Attached: jpop_singles_1442331566_32493a41.jpg (500x500, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yzC4hFK5P3g
youtube.com/watch?v=r1CMjQ0QJ1E
m.youtube.com/watch?v=4jWLioW7Zx0
youtube.com/watch?v=wQ_POfToaVY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqpj9gmk8UI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=avlkKoGe6ig
open.spotify.com/track/2AkkZMgRJupzY7fzbH3olm?si=0lPzuYo5QZOwYsb7prEahA
youtu.be/_2quiyHfJQw
youtu.be/Q_2xzh0D5bY
youtu.be/-akuHHopkKM
youtube.com/watch?v=ms6Td6zWNqg
youtube.com/watch?v=D0Lim2XmVc4
youtube.com/watch?v=w-o4pZA0OPM
youtube.com/watch?v=CoyDSkj27dw
youtu.be/SeHhGgfY0Co
youtu.be/gfjFKL2fbz4
youtu.be/e089x6ba1Zo
youtu.be/0rBCT5ROfNQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

J-pop is objectively better than K-pop

Care to post examples of recent jbops? I'm ready to jump ship when it comes to kpop but I can't if it's the same pop-rock shit from the 90s.

*crickets*

youtube.com/watch?v=yzC4hFK5P3g

old jpop > new jpop

youtube.com/watch?v=r1CMjQ0QJ1E

no meme music either, this would be like someone telling you bboom bboom is actually a good song you should listen to

people in japan don't even like this shit

god i hate americans so much

I see that you're a man of culture as well

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4jWLioW7Zx0

youtube.com/watch?v=wQ_POfToaVY

>one of the best selling artists in Japan
You're objectively wrong about Japs not loving this shit but you're right, it's pure dung and Americans are embarrassing.

too jpoopy for me, I want something a bit more mature and I'm not saying that ironically

wednesday campanella isnt really pure j-pop to begin with. It's more hip-house than anything. Try listening to Tricot if you havent already. They make some really good poppy math rock.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqpj9gmk8UI

This is the kinda music I was talking about in , not that I hate it but I listen to too much of it like a decade ago. I know this is kind of a long shot but is there any jpop artist/group doing deep house/rnb stuff?

Hmm. I dont know if I know anything specifically in the deep house realm but you might like Cicada.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=avlkKoGe6ig

jpop today is either anime idol rock that sounds like it was made in 2005 or electronic pop blatantly derivative of kpop

good luck

The only Jpop i've heard that i liked was the 80s city pop and ymo shit. The 90s stuff was cheesy and I don't like the peppy idol stuff. Anything more like that sound out today?

That's actually pretty good and right up my alley, I'm not too crazy about her voice but that's a solid beat

Yeah, it's amazing how you can see jpop trying to catch up but they're still stuck in the late 2000s, even when it comes to shit like clothes and hairstyles.

another general to filter

You are probably looking for MONDO GROSSO if you want some deep house and R&B influenced stuff.

open.spotify.com/track/2AkkZMgRJupzY7fzbH3olm?si=0lPzuYo5QZOwYsb7prEahA

youtu.be/_2quiyHfJQw

youtu.be/Q_2xzh0D5bY

god, I love City Pop. it's hard to find, though, and a lot of the mixes i have found on Youtube have a lot of Disco in them. still, Van Paugam has some lovely stuff.

what does YMO mean? Also, how do you search for the 90's version of City Pop? its not standard Jpop, that has too much Idol shit. basically stuff like
youtu.be/-akuHHopkKM

>ymo
Yellow Magic Orchestra, popular synthpop band in the 80s who also produced tracks for idol singers

Sounds like this
youtube.com/watch?v=ms6Td6zWNqg

Some tracks they produced for singers (techno kayo)
youtube.com/watch?v=D0Lim2XmVc4
youtube.com/watch?v=w-o4pZA0OPM
youtube.com/watch?v=CoyDSkj27dw

Idk anything about 90s city pop but I'd like to hear more of it too

I think a lot of modern poppy japanese music just isnt for you then man. Im assuming you dont like the vocals cause they can come off as really melodramatic. Sappy, overly emotive vocals are basically a staple for poppy Japanese music nowadays. It's one of the reasons why I love it, but I can see it just as easily being a turnoff.

those are nice, specially that first one, this is besides the point but but Japanese artists have a weird way of mixing vocals

in any case, is there anything in jpop that sounds like this minus the awful vocals?

youtu.be/SeHhGgfY0Co

would x japan have been huge if they started a decade later ?

City pop is oversaturated as hell. Its good but nothing amazing. And did you try the Shibuya-Kei artists?

Especia was making great meme city pop.

youtu.be/gfjFKL2fbz4

youtu.be/e089x6ba1Zo

And You Sup Forums faggots love to meme about Kero Kero Bonito, but this is the best thing Sarah Bonito has ever done.

youtu.be/0rBCT5ROfNQ

huge internationally i mean