Anyone else feel this is just baby's first Deep House, normie Fantano-core shit?

Anyone else feel this is just baby's first Deep House, normie Fantano-core shit?

It's not awful, I enjoy a few of these tracks but people are really overrating to this shit because it's Nicolas Jarr.

Attached: 6871650[1].jpg (600x600, 256K)

it really is, don't get the hype at all. someone even said this is some of the greatest samplework in electronic here. am I not getting something? jaars other shit is way better

Nymphs is miles better imo.

The sample work isn't that great. Those people need to listen to more Deep House lol. For music fan normies who are used to listening to records, maybe they just don't know that it's a genre of mixes and singles. Deep House is like the most ubiquitous, popular flavor of house. There's so much amazing shit out there.

Space Is Only Noise & Sirens are great. This is just a 6.5/10 compilation.

the first three tracks that start off the album are awesome but it kinda gets samey after a while. I like that he and this album have developed a sound over the years too. Its pretty infectious. Still its no 10/10 by any means. I definitely see the hype in the aesthetic.

I’ve always felt like Jaar’s music is way too 4 bar by 4 bar and loop based to keep me interested. I like the music, but compared to many electronic musicians counterparts, his music is not as fluid and wavelengthy as I would like. I much prefer releases from Arca, Jon Hopkins, Porter Ricks, Lorenzo Senni and Tim Hecker because of the fluid, full of life feeling to their creations where as Jaar sometimes sounds mechanical and a little cold. Just a prefence

most people hyping this don't listen to dance music and have never been to a club before

>For music fan normies who are used to listening to records, maybe they just don't know that it's a genre of mixes and singles
This is exactly why.

No. Disclosure is baby's first deep house. This isn't the most experimental music or anything but it's very good. Also I saw praise for this album on here before fantano reviewed it.

Disclosure is to deep house as Grimes is to talent

hence, "baby's first" deep house.
They're the first act of deep house.

the aesthetic has been around for at least 5 years now, normies just caught on

Jaar is definitely not 4/4 most of the time, this is his most true 4/4 house thing he's ever done.

Also all the shit you just mentioned isn't even part of the Electronic music cannon, that's just indiesphere type Fantano/Pitchfork Electronica stuff

i agree it seems like most ppl havent heard a lot of other house who rate this so highly

jaar's last album was way better
this one... is meh...?
it doesn't do the same thing for me

Disclosure is actually good tho imo, at least Settle and The Face EP. Lots of patrician Fingers Inc., Garage House and 2-step influences. They just perfected it in a pop formula.

"normies"

I suppose normie house is a thing and this isn't that, but this is Reddit-tier shit. It isn't for actual house music fans.

not one of Jaar's greatest works, but it's definitely good in its own way. this is Bonobo level stuff

Perfect house music for people who don't care about house

my problem isn't so much with the album, for what it's worth it's an enjoyable album. It's the reception given to Nicolas Jaar from trendsetting publications and vloggers, which eventually spills out into online spaces like this and rym. You've got people claiming this to be the pinnacle of house, but they only have interest in the album format, don't care for dj mixes, and won't pay attention to stuff like fingers inc., moodymann, dj sprinkles, frankie knuckles, etc. It's fine that this is getting recognition but this flaccid sort of genre tourism is symptomatic of the narratives they're eating up

oh yeah, Settle was incredible. It was only meant to happen that the follow up sucked cock. I mean, make the best house record of the decade and you're bound to fall flat trying to recreate it

>It's fine that this is getting recognition but this flaccid sort of genre tourism is symptomatic of the narratives they're eating up
this 100%

Fantano only reviewed a House album because he probably didn't know it was house going in, he just heard it was Nicolas Jaar. Fantano is as normie as it gets with EDM.