Why does James Bond always say "For England", when he should say "For Britain?"

Why does James Bond always say "For England", when he should say "For Britain?"

bond don't give a shit about wales and scottland

Because he doesn't represent Scotland, Wales and Northern-Ireland apparently. If he were to say "For Britain" he wouldn't represent Northern-Ireland. Ironically the MI6 HQ was located in Scotland during the World is Not Enough. So it doesn't really make any sense. Still, Alec Trevelyan is my favorite villain.

Isn't Craig Bond Scottish though? That ancestral home he blew up was definitely in Jockand.

James Bond has always been an orphan that was raised by a wealthy Scottish family.

he colonize them

prima noctre and so on

yeah man Trevelyan was dope

Actually he says "for the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" if you listen closely. Caused a lot of upset in the overseas territories.

Because it's one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises.

Seriously each episode following the man spy and his pals from MI6 as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make actual spying irrelevant, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Fleming vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody. Just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his books. The James Bond series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Harry Potter series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Fleming's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of James Bond by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading James Bond at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "James Bond" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Contain this meme. It's only funny with Harry Potter and a proper intro.

Would Bond have voted for Brexit? How about independent Scotland?

Doesn't work I'm sorry

He even holds his rifle like based Sharpe.

"For England, James?"
"No, Half For Scotland, Half For Switzerland"

It sounds much better plus outside the British Isles England and Britain are the same thing anyway.

The lesser areas are rightful English territory

Independent Scotland, no he'd lose his job.

Brexit, hard to tell. James is clearly a right wing British patriot so would be likely to vote for Brexit. But he's also a cosmopolitan that likes Europe.

It's kinda like how Jeremy Clarkson supported remain.

I figure he says England as in the Vritish government or MI6 itself, just like how people refer to CIA as Langley

Probably for remain on a purely practical level

"...formerly of the European Union, but not anymore"

>in the extended updated version

You know why. Fuck Wales.

you have to go back

Why does James Bond always say "For England", when he should say "For [Spoiler] You? [Spoiler] ''

Seriously im the only guy to do this?

Do what fuck up the spoiler tags?

Bond was great when it was Moore and Connery. All other Bonds fuck off.

kek