Can actors and actresses really be depressed or have social anxiety?

can actors and actresses really be depressed or have social anxiety?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wNW1L5_iT_M
youtube.com/watch?v=ToQ0n3itoII
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why not? Most of them are still human.

>DUDE WHAT IF CELEBRITIES WERE NORMAL PEOPLE JUST LIKE ME

>Most of them

A disproportionately large number of artists suffer from depression.

>play pretend 12-16 hours a day while your real self and personality never develops because you practically live in a world of make believe and spend more time being other people than being yourself

yeah i'd guess so

It's a different level of living.
They worry about using the wrong fork, or terminology, instead of worrying about bills, or medical problems.

Watch Curb Your Enthusiasm.
All the stupid pointless petty shit they fight about is what makes these people depressed or anxious.

When you run out of real problems you invent problems.

>Take the pills goy they're good for you and they will destroy your creativity and make you a more productive wage slave

duuuude only poor people can experience depression even though im a first world neet lmao

>play pretend 12-16 hours a day while your real self and personality never develops because you practically live in a world of make believe and spend more time being other people than being yourself

Wow, you just described Sup Forums permavirgin neckbeards perfectly.

Every single actor in Hollywood has self esteem issues. Most have other mental health problems. Kim Basinger basically left the business because of anxiety and panic attacks.

youtu.be/wNW1L5_iT_M

>tfw the pills didn't work for you and it takes two months just to see if another brand works

Same here, plus they destroy your sex drive and you can't cum with girlfriends quicker than thirty minutes

Yeah they are indiscriminate illnesses that can hit anyone.

Larry is in a whole other stratum than 95% of celebrities. He has real, serious wealth. People like Hamm arent doing *that* great so as the money is an answer to emotional or psychological strife. He still worries about some bills or expenses to some extent too.

drop the pills, read the stoics

depression most definitely, but what Jon Hamm has here sounds pretty normie tier, most people would be fucking miserable after losing both parents at a young age. Anxiety less so, maybe the avant garde level performers like Kinski or something

>When you run out of real problems you invent problems.
true, but the misery doesn't come from that petty shit so much as the existential dread underlying. If you have nothing to aspire to then what's the point in living?

no, they're just acting

>are actors people?

fucking autist

Anyone can have depression. I doubt any actors have severe social anxiety though. Doesn't really seem possible in their line of work. They have shit to do and are surround by people every day.

most anti-depressants aren't sedatives m8. go back to school.

Yea, because in those 12-16 hours they're only on camera being an actor instead of talking to fellow actors and crewmen and going out every night for a nice dinner and getting drunk with friends. You must have no friends or life

Sure, actors can be depressed and lack direction, I'd say lots are, why else are they choosing to act out the thoughts and values of other men? vanity probably.

He is still part of that Mad Lads show which is pure hesitation masquerading as masculinity. I don't believe the extent of the issues... If anything this age has proved not only is it possible to be humble to the point of ambition but it is the requirement to seem so publicly.

Only weak people need secular therapy.
Strong people are healed by their faith in God.

>that time henry cavill accidentally got a boner on set

I finally found some medications that work for me after like 3 years of hell. My rampant alcoholism didn't help though.

keep trying though.

fucking this. oh well there is shit like viagara to even that out.

What does "read the stoics" mean?

depression is not real

it means gaining "the serenity to accept what cannot be changed, the courage to change what can be changed, and the wisdom to know the one from the other."

underrated

go back to AA and stay there please

Depression is a choice.
Anyone who says otherwise is just making excuses.

Retards actually believe this

Like I said, excuses.

He's not retarded. He just hasn't experienced crushing losses.

Yeah, I'd think so

Moar like
>all those 10/10 goldiggers, soulless hookers, casting couches, sucking jew cock and endless supply of blow

That idea brought me some kind of inner peace, thanks user

>taste alcohol
>become adicted
>ruin your career and lose your friends for the alcohol
>say "a-actualluy i was sad all the time "
???

enjoy starting any number of new vices. don't worry about the fact they are endless and all consuming or anything.

That cringe moment in the golden globes.

LEL

le rich handsome childless man

It is and it isn't a choice. No one chooses despair, but you can choose whether to stay in the pit or to at least try to climb out

Pills are just for thrills you dumb fucks lol just smoke some weed and relaxxxxx

vice is such a relative and subjective term though. some would argue just browsing the internet, let alone shitposting, is a vice.

so stop vicing, you viceroy.

so sedatives make you more productive at work now? did you even read what I typed? probably not

Elaborate for somebody who doesn't know what you're talking about.

>what is sleep? the post

He has a "cringe" moment during the golden globes.

you implied depression and anti-depressants are part of a government conspiracy to destroy creativity and render people good zombie citizens. I was explaining your conspiracy theory doesn't even deserve debunking because most anti-depressants don't even work in a fashion that would alter your personality or hinder creativity.

please read, write and think more carefully.

Sleep is what you have after the 12-16 hours, often for not particularly long at all if you're really going at it, however what you don't do is film continuously for 12-16 hours, you do it in bits and piece in-between which you are constantly coming out of character and interacting with a whole set full of different people around you
Assuming you aren't pulling some annoying method acting bullshit anyway

You could've just said that the first time instead of being a lazy fuck about it, and it's quite obvious you've never taken them or known many people who have. Outside of the 1 percent of people who actually get help from these drugs, most other people say those drugs turn them into an emotionless zombie, so please stop talking out of your ass, and kindly go fuck yourself you condescending cunt.

Actors are failed normies who can't handle a 8 to 16 job like an average pleb.

psilocybin
lsd
ketamine

Not entirely subjective. No need to ignore all probability of becoming addicted in our assessment of vices when we can use that to give more objective warnings to the uninitiated.

People should still test and assess for themselves, just in a more educated way, if they have practised patience they'll be better able to escape most vices too.

"Educations great secret is to direct vanity to the proper objects"

I've been on various anti-depressants for about 5 years now, actually. Depression was what had turned me into an emotionless (well, aside from feeling depressed of course) zombie. The pills helped stabilize me enough to feel things again, and therapy is helping me work through the negative emotions that have resurfaced and focus on the positive.

Sorry, I was a bit condescending.

Yes.

Ryan Gosling is also autistic and has ADHD

>a "cringe" moment

I hate the way millenials talk these days

Intervention time. You have become addicted to shitposting. Please go to shitposters anonymous.

Understandable, they actually worked for me too, however it was only temporary, and I had to keep upping the dosage, which ended up making it worse, and I eventually got to the point where I got tired of being in a doctor's office all the time and just quit them. I've just heard a ton of stories from people who have said they did nothing but turn them into a zombie, but I know each person's experience is different. I've debated going back on them again I just hate the idea of being dependent on a drug for the rest of my life, but I Hope they work better for you than they did for me.

>wah my father died that means im totally depressed you guise XDd111!11

depression is a fucking mental illness not a reaction to an event, he just got fucking sad

>oh .. also my mommy died like 10 years ago does that count XXDddd!111

I hate the dependency too. I'm starting to focus more on therapy and weaning off of them under medical supervision. I've been hospitalized four times after suicidal episodes, typing after quitting my meds cold turkey. I've met loads of people like me while institutionalized, most intelligent and sane, just overwhelmed with depression. Usually sedatives and anti-psychotics were the drugs they complained were zombifying them. Some of those also have anti-depressant properties so the docs just used those to treat the depression symptoms as well. So in that respect I completely agree with you.

Hope things get better for you too.

>they will destroy your creativity and make you a more productive wage slave
Yeah it's really important to sleep all day and want to die so you can make those creative shitposts

Yes

but its the normie variety so it doesn't mean much

>good goy posting unironically

is this really still a thing?

Yes. Anne Hathaway apparently has chronic depression

The more you know...

youtube.com/watch?v=ToQ0n3itoII

sh meant this to OP

Remember that time he sexually tortured a frat brother?

how many of these goddamn webms do you have and how do you not kys looking at them

There a more reasons for unhappiness that happiness in this world, most people just find a way to hide from the unhappiness.

money can't solve every problem, and fame definitely can't

so yes it is possible

>drop the pills, read the stoics

marcus aurelius was an opiate addict

listen to Nick Drake's Fruit tree

Oh nevermind, the depression bit was on her teenage days.

Still yes it's definitely possible, probably more common in musicians and other types of artists like writers than actors though

I have enough. They make me happy because I think she looks adorable.

Stevan Segal and Keanu Reeves are Buddhists. No problems.

BLACK'D when

>tfw you're a really attractive celebrity with a giant dick

I took light anti-anxiety/depressants for a good year and a half but I got so tired of popping pills every day and being dependent on something so heavily.

And now I just smoke weed like people drink coffee and it works about 20x better

Depression caused by the death of someone you know isn't actually depression. That's just normal grieving.

That's a good way of putting it
Synecdoche: New York, OP

Probably because a lack of structure is a major contributor to depression. People with responsibilities can't afford to get depressed.

is she naked under that thing?

I don't see why not. They still have to go to sleep at night.
Do you think that when they're alone in their bed, when they think about their career they see it through the media-tinted glasses, or do they look at it objectively?
I mean, Jon Hamm has won lots of awards, but at the end of the day what should he think about himself? He's just an attractive guy who played pretend in front of a camera and got rich in a world where most people are hungry and a good chunk of people are downright dying to starvation.

Do you really think that he goes ''Wow, I'm such a good actor and I'm good looking, my life is complete'' when he's alone?
He's human, after all.

Seek God, put all your faith on Jesus Christ and no one else, accept his gift of eternal salvation
Even on your worst day, you'll still be going into heaven.

>tall
He's a manlet though

>actors
>artists

Yeah, no

I feel like fewer material problems = more spiritual problems

Yeah, I can't believe that doctors actually give you pills for grief these days. It's disgusting

>human

Is that why he assaulted some freshman who was trying to pledge to his frat at UT Austin?

This is legitimately good advice.

Why would anyone choose to be depressed?

Not today suicidal thoughts

traumatic events trigger mental illness you fucking retard how do you think PTSD works?