What do you guys think of Stand up Comedy?

Do enough people here enjoy it to get a General running? Is it even a Art form for you? People like Bill Burr, Dave Chappelle, Carlin changed a lot in this buisness. Why should no one watch Stand Ups? It questions things we never questioned ourselfes and is true entertainment when experienced live.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MCFgja50dos
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All the good ones became sjws and the ones that didnt became irrelevant

I could only bring myself to listen to Nick Dipaolo or Colin Quinn nowadays.

>People like Bill Burr, Dave Chappelle, Carlin

pleb detected. only tvfags even know who bill is. hes a NOBODY.

Obama didn't fuck up (enough some would say) for comedians to really make fun of him. The Clinton 90s were ripe with Clinton jokes, as were the Bush II years. Now it seems we're gonna get some good comedic years due to Trump. If only my country didn't have to suffer under a corporate POTUS for comedy to be funny again, though.

Comedy requires critical thinking and this board is an extension of Sup Forums, so good luck with this thread.

I don't go out of my way to find 'new' stand-up comedians because most of them suck ass and even the good ones have one maybe two full sets of jokes worth watching

I just hate how stand-up has devolved into making funny noises and using absurd amounts of profanity

>Carlin
he's the worst

> bill burr
> george carlin
> changed the business

Burr is a moderately successful comedian who performs in the vein of standup comedy as it has been done for 40+ years. He didnt change anything.

Carlin was a sermonizer who pandered to a niche audience who paid to have someone boldly proclaim political opinions they already wholeheartedly agree with. He was never truly funny. Case in point: everyone talks about what a "great" comedian carlin was, and yet they can never seem to remember one great bit. Just like Seinfeld, funny how that works isnt it.

Chapelle was legitimately impactful, yes, on TV. He didn't have any impact on standup as a craft or form.

>Comparing Carlin to based Seinfeld
Seinfeld is overall very enjoyable, even if he doesn't have the most memorable bits.
Carlin was straight up trash

>Silencio

>Obama didn't fuck up (enough some would say) for comedians to really make fun of him
Show me ONE just ONE stand up joke about the NSA clusterfuck.

There's a big difference in stand-up culture between America and Western-Europe.

As an European, I can't stand American stand-up but I imagine it to be the same the other way around.

Western Europe has stand up? Brits seem to be exactly like Americans when it comes to stand up. Except with British humor, obviously.

british stand up is shit

its just an attempt to get a sitcom

Gervais had one funny set out of the 4 specials he did, lee mack had one funny special, but its only funny if you're english, Jimmy Carr had a few, mainly just jokes + insults so pretty good.

ratko mladic

Why do you teens hate George Carlin? Is it cause of plebbit? Cause James Cameron hate stems from the same place (ironically they love Marvel kek).

it depends on the comic. The thing with stand up is its very raw and basic. You dont have any other performers to fall back on, scenery, directors, a script other than what you alone have written. Its just you up there talking, so unless youre comfortable with that it'll suck
You can go for cheap laughs, with dirty jokes (muh vagina, Iim a fat bald guy I cant fuck young girls anymore, ect) which can can old and childish
So then they move on to "smart" comedy and try to talk politics but wind up talking out of their ass because they say the same generic material every comedian uses, from stand up to talk shows and soap box about the same shit. Lol republicans, lol guns, lol america is the fucking worst amirite? then they get a big head and are too full of themselves to go back t anything else and become a soap box
IMO, the best stand ups are just stories tellers. they seldom try to make a point, if at all, they dont need to talk dirty, they can just talk about funny shit thats happened to them and discuss it in a perspective thats entertaining
John Mulany for example was one of the better stand ups ive scene

lmao even when I was a piece of shit atheist I never got the appeal.
>le cursing old man

I do stand up comedy. Does anyone else do open mics and shows?

šta

>contrarian baiting or just retarded faggots everywhere

ive tired it a few times. Got some laughs, didnt bring the house down but I didnt bomb either. One of the other comics said to not watch the crowd itself, but to watch something out in the crowd. I chair, a table, a door. That way youre still making eye contact with the crowd but not looking at everyone because it can get overwhelming. It helped a lot

Carlin is only funny when he's not talking about politics, he'll do a great airplane or sports joke that lasts 2 minutes. Then rant like an asshole about the rich for 15 full no punchline minutes

I've always wanted to. Tell stories of how you got into it/your first acts went.

louis ck is pretty great. He's kinda stuck in the "tired single dad" lane right now but he does it pretty well.

Tom Segura and Anthony Jeselnik are my favorites. I used to love the blue collar comedy tour group when I was younger. Besides Ron White, their jokes have gotten stale now.

Peer pressure got me into it. I pretty much only do one-liners. And my first few times went amazingly well. Like.... Either Im really funny, or everyone else sucked....or both. I remember really just, tearing up the audiences and just getting so many laughs. That ddin't happen for other comics that night. That would happen a lot. Then also....lots of awkward laughter and tense laughter and stuff. I rarely get heckled.... its weird. Idk... you can check out a set of mine

youtube.com/watch?v=MCFgja50dos