Is there a better genre than Contemporary folk? Maybe Classical but I've never been smart enough to understand it

Is there a better genre than Contemporary folk? Maybe Classical but I've never been smart enough to understand it.

Attached: adam hoffman.jpg (500x500, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/genre/Classical Music/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Post-bop

prog, art rock, post-rock, post-punk, classical, blues, jazz, minimalism, traditional folk

lmao

Attached: 648656465.png (395x396, 144K)

Classical is a tradition not a genre you goddamn fucker.

yes it is it says so on wikipedia

Prog jazz and classical

modern folk is just a jew whining or doing shitty poetry over basic chords

yeah but no vocals. how can they be better if they cant fucking sing. just instruments gets old after a while. you want to hear a human.

The genres you posted outside of classical, blues, jazz and trad folk aren't any better.

Well it's wrong

should i listen to you or wikipedia

There are no good genres, only good artists.

then explain why there's no good rap or grunge

That's up to you

rateyourmusic.com/genre/Classical Music/

response?

>Outkast
>A Tribe Called Quest
>Deltron 3030
>Blackstar
>Public Enemy
>Beastie Boys
>not good
Because there's something wrong with your head.

Subterranean Homesick Blues is a great rap song.

They are misusing the word genre to just mean kind probably out of convenience, but they are still wrong. Classical music is too broad to be called a genre and would be better described as a tradition. The forms of composition, ie string quartets, are genres within the tradition, but this still seems to me to be a different sense of the word when used to describe popular genres of music.

> beastie boys
ööft

Vocal jazz and most prog has vocals

yeah but is vocal jazz better than folk?

Nina > Dylan

Everyone is better than Dylan though he is a hack.

So there are no vocals in classical?

not the kind people say is the best of the genre

>jazz singers
How about no?

>all these progposters
Prog is great but also a meme genre that in no way comes close to the likes of folk. Has no soul to it. All the beauty is technical or DUDE WEED tier. And folk is just... Beautiful.

Bach's passions, mass in b minor? Mozart's operas? Wagner? OPERA? Schubert's lieder? Brahms German requiem? etc. etc. Again, classical is not a genre you booby.

yes it is reddit said so

electroacoustic is the best musical genre imo. the only one to stretch sonic boundaries over the last 50 years

Your dirty dog! No one cares about what Reddit thinks