SPLIT

Introverted teenager Casey Cook (Anya Taylor-Joy) and her classmates Claire Benoit (Haley Lu Richardson) and Marcia Wilson (Jessica Sula) are kidnapped by Dennis (James McAvoy) in a supermarket's parking lot, and taken to an underground bunker underneath the local zoo.

The trio finds out that Dennis is in fact of the 24 split personalities of Kevin Crumb, a schizophrenic man and a victim of childhood abuse, under supervision of psychiatrist Dr. Karen Fletchert (Betty Buckley), who believes that in extreme cases of Dissociative Identity Disorder, the psychological unbalance can cause physiological changes.

The girls learn that the split personalities collectively refer to themselves as "The Horde" and plan to sacrifice the girls to their protector, "The Beast", a cannibalistic monster. Kevin, who works at the zoo, is horrified by his own crimes, but is unable to control the Horde. The girls attempt to navigate Kevin's prominent identities - Dennis, Patricia, Hedwig, Barry, Orwell and Jade - hoping to convince one of them to help them escape, but to no avail.

The Horde soon learns that Casey is also a victim of childhood abuse and is prone to self-harm. They then reveal that they consider those that survived abuse to be "pure" because they have proven their strength by surviving the ordeal, and announce the Beast's plan to purge the entire world of the weak.

Despite the girls' efforts, the Beast emerges, which alters Kevin's body chemistry, affording him superhuman strength, speed, agility and stamine. It chases the girls throughout the complex, disemboweling Marcia and cannibalizing Claire before Casey manages to momentarily subdue it with a shotgun blast. One of Kevin's co-workers who had earlier seen Dennis venturing into the bunker finds and rescues Casey, but when the police raids the bunker, they find Kevin gone.

Casey returns to her family, and Kevin becomes a fugitive, with his crimes being exposed by the media. At a hideout, the Horde, controlling Kevin's body, watches the report and discuss how the Beast will change the world, as it is revealed that Kevin's body has completely healed from the point-blank gunshot wound.

At a nearby coffee shop, a group of people discuss Kevin's crimes and a woman comments on how it reminds her of the "wheelchair killer" from 15 years ago. David Dunn (Bruce Willis) reminds her that the killer was known as "Mr. Glass" and is now in jail, indicating David will be coming for the Horde now.

wait so this is all a convoluted lead-up to an Unbreakable 2? what the fuck why not just make an Unbreakable 2 then

Fucking gay.

You're not for fucking real

They did reshoots to make it more interesting. It wasn't originally going to be unbreakable 1.2

It's true, user. All of it.

Shyamalan has said that early drafts of "Unbreakable" featured Kevin as the villain, but he was written out when Shyamalan decided to stretch out the first act into the whole movie.

you can read/watch some reviews for it they talk about it

it's very real

that's counting on the idea that people would even recognize Bruce Willis as the Unbreakable guy in the first place, are they nuts? if Shamallamadingdong was still viewed as a good and competent director, then maybe yeah this direction would work--but people who've known him and who are seeing his work for the first time with this film are going to see him as the hackfraud he is.

tl;dr no one's going to actually be invested in this enough to even consider going to see a Split 2/Unbreakable 2.

They're counting on the Mr. Glass namedrop to jog people's memories.

Fuckin noice

Honestly makes me more interested in the movie

i mean fuck i guess idk but it still just feels wrong. why can't he just leave his successful movies alone?

at this rate he's going to make a signs sequel with joaquin phoenix hitting a baseball so hard out of the stadium it enters earth's orbit and happens to crash through an alien's ship's window, causing them to invade the earth. everyone's convinced that they're there to take over but it turns out they just want to figure out who did it and get an apology or money to pay for the repairs.

god bless shamilyaban for this film
i was rock hard the entire run time
girl with the fat ass loses her shorts within minutes
busty blonde loses her top in minutes
VVitch is bra-less and running a lot
god damn this was a hot hot fucking movie

>Implying David won't recruit Joaquin, an adult Haley Joel Osment and fairy Bryce Dallas Howard to battle McAvoy, the elevator devil and the suicide winds.

Fund it.

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT

BASED NIGHT

Wait so this is a lead up to Unbreakable 2? That's retarded as shit

Shyamalan could at lest made the twist that all the girls were in his head or the once he kills them he takes their persona.

I really liked Split, and I like the tie to Unbreakable.

But I just don't think David vs. The Horde would be an interesting movie.

Its fucking happening

It wasn't a twist, it was a reveal.
If you want to think of a twist, then it was that the Beast was real.

nice trips
I don't think the movie would be that until the last act, at most it would be about the grill that got away trying to find Horde and finding Dunn and then trying to make Dunn fight Horde and stop him.

I doubt they'll bring back the vvitch.

APOLOGIZE

So what's the beast look like?

Like a shirtless James McAvoy.

fuck i wasn't excited for Split but i loved Unbreakable and now i need to watch this

SPIELBERG 2.0 IS BACK

Sounds underwhelming

>the suicide winds

HOLY SHIT....not even trolling that just sounds like a cool name for a movie. Bruce Willis talking to ghosts and being a superhero against the forces of WIND! Fuck

>Split is in the same cinematic universe as Unbreskable but M Night Shamalalalan is in the movies as two different characters.

What did he mean by this?

SORRY SHAMALADINGDONG

YOU WERE ALWAYS THE BEST SPIELBERG

Saw it today. This is technically correct but presented in a manner that makes it clear you haven't seen it.

The girls are split up quite soon
Only Casey tries reasoning with the personalities
Most of what you revealed is only in the last 10 minutes of the film

The first half was weird, but alright. I wasn't sure whether McAvoy was supposed to be funny.
The second half was Shymalan at his best, no doubt.

How graphic is the disembowling?

Anyone else seen this yet? I didn't even realise it was the same girl from the Witch and spent the entire film feeling guilty for finding her distractingly hot, in case she was underage
>tfw she was 19/20 when it was filmed

Shiamaladingdongditch is the Watcher.

Not very graphic, we just see the girl's stomach torn open for a split second.

>Shymalan Cinematic Universe

mite b cool

Shamanalayan confirmed for capeshit director

my dick

DEEPEST LORE

Shyamalan extended universe?

He's taller and more muscular, also a lot of veins

Btw McAvoy gives a splendid performance, when will the academy notice the lad

M Night EU WHEN?

pure shamamamamylan kino