What the fuck is this horseshit? And why is every retard praising it like it's something special and movie of the year...

What the fuck is this horseshit? And why is every retard praising it like it's something special and movie of the year? It's hilarious how all these clowns who watch nothing but Independence Day and Transformers and have never read a fucking book in their life or watched any real thought provoking movie claim this trash is so profound and deep. Probably all the same fucktards who think Inception is the best movie ever. I was hoping for something good after all the hype, but it's so on the nose and dull. A movie that makes low IQ plebs think they are all the sudden intellectuals because it's not all about explosions and the normal sci-fi shit they watch. 6/10 at best. Now fuck off with this SHIT

Sup Forums is full of idiots look no further than shit waifus

have you even seen any other Denis "imdb-reddit" Villememe movie? I remember my first time as well

>mfw I thought they would get better

People said it's a great movie, not necessarily "deep" or profound.

The sci-fi setting and aliens are just a narrarive device to show the core of this movie which is Amy Adams character relationship with death/life.

Even if you didn't enjoy the narrative, it has great execution in all the other filmmaking elements.

Remember, film is a visual medium.

YOU ARE ALL FUCKING RETARDS

So fucking sick of all you Reddit retards shitposting about how awful Hacksaw Ridge is because DUDE IT'S CARTOONY LMAO MUH Sup Forums XD

Pleb as fuck psuedo-cinema opinions have no place here. Hacksaw Ridge is the finest piece of filmmaking this decade, it's direction can't be match by anything else in recent memory, and if those facts trigger you so much then shill for your piece of trash cancer flick Arrival instead.

Degenerate faggots

REMINDER THAT THIS IS A SCREENERFAG THREAD SO ALL OPINIONS ON THE MEDIUM ARE AUTOMATICALLY INVALID
REMINDER THAT THIS IS A SCREENERFAG THREAD SO ALL OPINIONS ON THE MEDIUM ARE AUTOMATICALLY INVALID
REMINDER THIS IS A SCREENERFAG THREAD SO ALL OPINIONS ON THE MEDIUM ARE AUTOMATICALLY INVALID

Carry on.

except it's not fucking great. the cinematography is nothing special. the writing is shit. the themes are played out and boring. the visual storytelling elements are all mediocre

>And why is every retard praising it like it's something special and movie of the year?
where?

everyone gave it 6/10 and moved on.
what's your damage user?

Lol u mad?

It was better than most trash that gets released in main stream cineplexes.

It was a breathe of fresh air considering most alien sci-fi is all about war and dumb action.

At least it got people talking, instead of most DUDE JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF flicks

Am I missing something? I never heard a fucking peep about this movie after it was released, and all the reviews I have read are pretty much the same "its aight". I saw a few weeks after it was released and it was ok. Wasn't the best movie I have ever seen, but it was ok. Why is OP so mad, and side note wat is a screenerfag?

Classic tv response

>it does several specific things well and is well made

>no it was all shit

>mfw I heard someone talking about "how weird the time travel was" as I was leaving the theater

Why do you think the cinematography by Bradford Young is nothing special?

I for one loved use of visual narrative, the gradation in framing and composition with the shallow focus in the start where we as a viewer are sharing the same point of view of Amy Adams to the clear wide shots towards the end.
Also the overall "after rain" moody morning was quite appropriate instead of a more common sci-fi look.
Also the practicals (for example the whole interior of the ship) blended smoothely with the visual effects of the aliens.

Also top notch editing (especially in the first contact scene, brilliantly executed), innovative sound design with clues from the future narrative being played in the current narratice, great soundtrack and performances in general (only found Renner lacking)

You don't have to like the movie, but to call it "horseshit" and "trash" is ridiculous.

like i said it's nothing special. and I just looked up this jerkoff and see this faggot is the director of the new Blade Runner. Can't wait to see the how bad a sequel this fag can shit out for one of the best movies ever made. I'm guessing you and Reddit will love it though. lol fuck life.

Then list some arguments why it's not good instead of throwing buzzwords around.

Also, if you didn't know already who Villeneuve was then I'm pretty sure you are just a general casual tourist crossposter.

I agree with There's nothing to praise you are all fucking asshats

like he even has the knowledge to criticize the cinematography

It's 95% scifi mystery then the last 10 minutes are romance. I have nothing invested in that relationship. There is no payout in the end.

stop arguing with a child who came here from Sup Forums to share his deep insight on star wars, superman and youtubers.

arrival belongs with those things you listed

>Hacksaw Ridge is the finest piece of filmmaking this decade, it's direction can't be match by anything else in recent memory

Lol. Fucking kill yourself.

Explain why with atleast a few actual coherent sentences.

still giving him (You)s, I see

>Y'ALL GATHER ROUND AND LISTIN M'ERE
>GIBS ME UR RED HEADED WOMANS
>AND I WILL TEACHIFY HER IN THE WAYS OF TIME TALKY
>SO THAT SHE MAY HAVE A BABY WITH THE LEAST INTERESTING AVENGER