Is he ready to direct the 6 film D U N E saga?

Is he ready to direct the 6 film D U N E saga?

the real question is, is he ready to direct his first good movie?

Arrival was a solid 6/10, dough.

oh, nice

hope he finally makes that 7/10. I know he has it in him

>that scene when Kristina Rose won't stop saying "I Love You" to him and he has to quiet her down

Man is a fucking legend!

>he "rates" films with an arbitrary system instead of objective evidence based analysis
>he doesn't write a research paper for every film he's ever watched

You're thinking of Ethan Hawke, bro, this is a Based Rocco thread.

shut the fuck up

his face fits that BLACKED shot perfectly

I give this reply a 3/10

>9gag

exactly

>he doesn't write a research paper on every Sup Forums post he replies too and why its wrong

0/10, if you want to know why check my publication outfit later this week

>objective evidence based analysis
>of an artistic medium
Was it autism?

>tfw you find out Villeneuve has been shitting out atleast one kino per year since 2009

How does the fucker do it? How does he not burn out?

Whether you like his movies or not, you have to admit that non of his movies are utter flops and that's remarkable considering his constant work activity.

Nobody really cares about Dune past the first book, and maybe Messiah, which should've really been the part of the first book.
>inb4 somebody pretends God Emperor wasn't fucking stupid

>implying x/10 isn't the same thing but 100 times worse

was it mega autism?

This is gonna be bad.. blade runner is doomed

Prisoners 6/10
Enemy 8/10
Sicario 5/10
Arrival 2.5/10

>Enemy over Prisoners
Whoa we got some hot opinions there

Arrival is really the only bad of the bunch

Hi autistic sperg

BEST: Incendies
WORST: Maelstrom
FAVORITE: Sicario
OVERRATED: Prisoners
UNDERRATED: Enemy

>doesn't understand that rating systems for movies are based on personal opinions and preferences
Definitely mega autism.

>yfw Dune Cinematic Universe
>yfw they adapt all Brian Herbert's books

>he can't justify his ratings

was it ultra supreme autism?

>not muslims going on a space jihad by the end of the first book

Yeah no, its just not going to fly. The studio would be to scared to incite the wrath of terrorists and even more of inciting the wrath of SJWs complaining about appropriation etc.

>Dennis Villeneuve directing
>Roger Deakins as the DP
>Hampton Fancher again as the screenwriter
>Johan Johannsson on the score
>Ridley Scott as the executive producer
>Goose as the main protagonist

Tell me how is it doomed, at the worst case scenario it will be a mediocre film.
A complete flop is nearly impossible with all those names.

>they adapt all Brian Herbert's books

>FAVORITE: Sicario

Dubdubs confirm. Just bought the blu ray awhile back, waiting to get in a mood for a rewatch.

All those things you said, but this time without the meme arrows

Duke Leto, Paul Atreides, Lady Jessica

Uh doesn't that render them entirely pointless.

Like if you're basing your rating entirely off of subjective points. We could watch the same movie, agree the plot, pacing, music, visuals were all great and you could give it an 8 and I could give it a 7 and neither of us would be "right"

Why not just say what you like/don't like about it in place of a ratings system? Oh right because that takes effort and leaves little room to shit post.

See if you didn't have autism you would realize how flawed and pointless nearly every action you take is. Fucking kill yourself

Are you reddit? Goose will ham it up. Villenueve will make it as boring as possible and ridley scott will laugh

Refn would have been a better choice unironically

Hi autistic sperg

Arrival is one of the best sci-fi movies ever, although that doesn't say much since most sci-fi movies are -complete, fucking, garbage-, but on top of that it was also a good movie.
Solid 8/10. If you disagree you are probably a reddit browsing millenial.
Concerning Dune... he could do it. It wouldn't actually be hard to do a good Dune adaptation, since Lynch did incredibly well on the aesthetics, so the only thing you need to do is throw out the retarded plot changes.
He could do it desu familia.

>arrival is one of the best ever

>Arrival is one of the best sci-fi movies ever,

Yes. I'm sorry I rate it higher than Rogue One or whatever you millennial retards think passes for "good" sci-fi.

Bring him on board.

>Star Wars
>sci-fi
Stop embarrassing yourself familia

>yfw they adapt all Brian Herbert's books

>Refn would have been a better choice unironically

I disagree completely.
He's colorblindness would only result in an over the top colorful reacreation of the original Blade Runner aesthetic, while Roger Deakins has too much artistic integrity to just copypaste framing and composition/color grading from an another film

Actually the only thing I am worried about the new Blade Runner is Ridley Scott himself as the executive producer, he lost all of his sense for filmmaking years ago.
I hope he wasn't a whiny "I didn't imagine this like that" brat on set and let the movie be a film on it's own.

I haven't seen rogue one and you're buzzwords and ad hominem prove you're the child

Its literally nolan levels of babbys first scifi

I give your post a 2/10

its a good movie

Gods no. Keep this pretentious cuck as far away from muh Dune as possible

seriously though what is a good sci fi movie. I've never seen one.

>its a good movie

Deakins is overrated sicario looked like shit bc of villenueve too obviously.

I don't like refn but he would be the choice in making the visual style speak for itself like it did in the original

>you're buzzwords
>Its literally nolan levels of babbys first scifi
I'm sure you'd know. You probably thought Interstellar was GOAT until you migrated from reddit to Sup Forums last summer.

>something you said in your post + and epin reaction image

I hate this fucking board

He'd make it work. But, no studio in it's right mind would make a movie about space muslims, jihad, and their leader, the convert, who rises up and creates the prophecised caliphate in this day and age. We know too much about islam these days.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

>rape rape

>I hate this fucking board

Seriously though, there are other sites that appreciate the underrated art-house masterpieces of Villènűvë a lot more. Why don't you go there?

On the silver globe

2/10

I never liked interstellar you autist. The fact you lile arrival is hysterical. You enjoy being forcefed shit

>seriously

oh. Only a youtuber would say the word "seriously" on Sup Forums

God-Emperor was great. Also Children is good.

>Roger Deakins
>shot films like No Country for Old Men, The Assasination of Jesse James, Shawshank Redemption and Fargo
>overrated

sure thing buddy

>2001
>sci fi

nah

But it's the perfect #Notallmuslims story, they even overthrow an evil fat white man who enslaves them and looks like Trump

I like all his movies, and Enemy is definitely better than Prisoners

Denis is the next GOAT

All overrated you imdb pleb

God Emperor is literally the crux of the hexology

It wasn't even supposed to be a hexology. It's a quadrology, with GE being set apart but showing the consequences of Leto II's choice + another trilogy that was never finished. And never will be.

You might as well argue that recommending restaurants to friends is pointless, retard.