"What people don't understand is that, in 1999...

>"What people don't understand is that, in 1999, Lou Bega was the closest thing we had to a full on Latin jive revival in this country. You have to give that to Lou Bega. He overthrew a tyranny of conservatism for all the people who were sick of Neutral Milk Hotel and Boards of Canada strangling the vitality of youth culture."
>*plays a grainy clip of the Windowlicker music video and makes a pained face*
>"You wouldn't believe how much hype there was for the next Radiohead album, of all things. Ho-ly shit. That music was never going to cross over"

Attached: 1520747904797[1].jpg (641x502, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A88NeABOF0Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

kek

good thread

Attached: 585A9DD63F36400182B59CBACECEF6E4.jpg (1200x798, 257K)

Dumbest shit ever conceived. By the end of the millennium, music was beyond saving.

HOW THE FUCK IS IT A GOOD THREAD WHEN THE THREAD HAS BARELY EVEN STARTED? You can't just state an uninformed opinion like that when the thread still has the potential to be derailed right after. In order to dictate what a good or bad thread is, you have to let the thread finish (be archived), and then, reading every single posts and examining the course of the thread, how it has derailed or stayed on topic, and whether or not it's screenshot worthy, determine the quality of the thread then. You don't know entirely if it's a good thread in the beginning, when it could get even better or worse. It's just naive to assume that a thread is automatically good upon birth.

Attached: Le Essay.jpg (1620x960, 526K)

You're not funny, faggot. Stop posting this shit.

Are you mentally retarded?

Attached: c346617d-8858-4d82-b9fa-12153d73d5b4.png (576x960, 728K)

He's trying to force pastas.

Just ignore or filter him.

He uploaded a new vid p recently. You think he's gonna do any more?

It was like the fucking moon landing.

He was posting on here the other night and said he was going to

BON JOVI IS BACK!

Not trying to be funny, idiot. I will continue posting it until you idiots stop posting about the quality of the thread and actually address the OP's ideas. That's how to make a good thread, not by plainly stating that it's a good thread without contributing anything of merit.

Says the one who couldn't post anything of worth to this thread, imbecile. Posting a stupid opinion of the thread itself harbors no value at all. Kill yourself with a hair dryer and a bucket of water.

ONE
TWO
THREE FOUR FIVE

>If I go downstairs right now and I hold down middle C on my Roland RS-09 string synth for half an hour and record it on GoldWave and go to bed and get up tomorrow and Iran dropped a nuclear bomb on Israel. So I get out and go to fucking Getty Images and I get some stock picture of an A Bomb going off and put that on the cover of my Limited Edition fuckin' Green Vinyl 12' inch I'm gonna put out. And then what? I'll write Hebrew to make it even more legit?

Attached: a1175883045_10.jpg (1200x1200, 264K)

I think your theory is right, even if you’re trying to force a pasta. These kids are just upset because their struggling to grasp that A. They were probably bullied for listening to Pavement and B. Don’t even know how Stephen Malkmus is.

Seems like a good omen

>You think he's gonna do any more?

He is. He even said that the new video was just a way for him to get back into the groove and remember how he made those initial videos in the first place.

Stop reading pitchfork

youtube.com/watch?v=A88NeABOF0Q

>that was fucking hair metal funk metal bullshit. fuck that band fuck green river, mother love bone, that shit was fuckin lame when it came out. none of us liked those bands. those were fuckin funk metal jam bands. anybody who’s trying to tell you that those bands were like you know proto grunge get the fuck out of here. those were fuckin hair metal bands who didn’t have enough money to move to la. they’re fucking like high fiving each other on the cover, like are you kidding me this was like the ultimate fuckin bro shit stoner fuckin lame ass jam band battle of the bands music smith fuckin stratocaster velvet fucking top hat fuckin scarf wearing paisley bullshit ever. man did i fuckin hate that band. ugh.

this vid has such an amazing ending
>THEY'LL NEVER KNOW

how can a man be so right?

can you tell a non-american what's his appeal
and why does he seem to be pissed off all the time

his main message is
>FREE MARKET BAD
>POVERTY AND OBSCURITY GOOD

pls post a link to this video

i haven't seen this one yet somehow

>tfw you even agree with a strawmanned version of his ideas
truly based

wrong

Did anyone here seriously get bullied for listening to to "indie rock"?

Why else do you think this board is populated with burnouts, NEETS and basement dwelling soyboys?

Why does he put ASMR rain and palm rubbing sounds in his videos?

>listening to one genre so much it defines your personality

I thought you tools knew a lot about music? Who the hell would let themselves get bullied over an individualized hobby?

>You think fucking Pitchfork or Spin or any of these other giant companies or VC firms care about your writing or the music you are passionate about, no they are using you to sell beer and cars and put another floor on their mansion