Guys, get ready! It's 311 day! Right now, it's 11:45 as I write this, and in a few hours...

Guys, get ready! It's 311 day! Right now, it's 11:45 as I write this, and in a few hours, it's going to be an epic celebration of orgasmic proportions! LET'S DO THIS!

Attached: 311_album_cover.jpg (300x300, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zQdR3AIhg-c
youtube.com/watch?v=lYBIRHi5-o8
youtube.com/watch?v=T8IPLgAIueo
youtube.com/watch?v=nk_WUs-zlNU
youtube.com/watch?v=KTHc5VUG2rc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm excited!

Bump

whooooaoooooo
amber is the color of your energyyyyyyy

Attached: Unknown-1.png (318x158, 6K)

Is 311 the most aggressively shitty band of all time? They're like the lovechild of Sublime and Dave Matthews Band.

youtube.com/watch?v=zQdR3AIhg-c

youtube.com/watch?v=lYBIRHi5-o8

There was another band they took under their wing, that sounded just like them and was just as shitty, they never made it like the 3 uh uh did.

Check em.

youtube.com/watch?v=T8IPLgAIueo

WHENHSIDURJDHXJCJSOME SOME
ISHDBENSKJCJDJDJJHDOWN DOWN
IJEBXJEJDJJXNFJJCNMYOU YOU

>They're like the lovechild of Sublime and Dave Matthews Band.
pretty accurate. Their first album sounded more like Zeppelin doing dancehall and rap. I was actually super into it for a while because I like zeppelin and rap. I guess it was still pretty embarrassing in retrospect. But they quit sounding like zeppelin and more like what you said and I didn't care anymore and I never listen to the one I liked so I guess it wasn't all that great to begin with.
40 oz to Freedom is actually still good, though. but I get you.

Attached: 311_-_Music_album_cover.jpg (316x316, 25K)

Have you ever made out in a dark hallway?

OP here, and I have a challenge. When the clock strikes at 3:11, I'm going to post here and on my YouTube account. I encourage everyone to participate and celebrate this momentous occasion.

;)

Attached: Screenshot_20180311-132105~2.png (1080x1664, 446K)

Lymphatic.

Sup Forums time is US East Coast (NYC) which means it's 4:40 right now.

ya blew it, OP

Nope, it's West Coast time here in California. And the clock here is 1:00, going to 2 in Military Time. So no, I didn't miss it yet. It's probably only there for you.

Attached: Screenshot_20180311-134224~2.png (1080x299, 33K)

>misses the point

yeah, and in Australia, it's already tomorrow. you can pick and choose your time zones all you want, but that doesn't make your time standard for all readers.
Sup Forums used to display Eastern time for everyone but I guess that changed when they added the inline extension but w/e do whatever you want

But I said in my original OP that it was 11:45 in my post. Clearly that referred to Pacific Time. And it's still 1:57 here right now. So, no, I still didn't miss it. It counts.

Saving the thread.

Attached: Screenshot_20180311-143712~2.png (470x424, 17K)

4:20 is 69 minutes after 3:11

Unironically really enjoy this album

Attached: 311_transistor.jpg (300x300, 44K)

INVESTIGATE 3/11

One of the best bands of the 90s

Wew! I did 3:11 today! Yippee!

Attached: Screenshot_20180311-151105.png (1080x1920, 94K)

Epic

Attached: Comb11032018031651.jpg (4032x567, 606K)

>11

include me in the screencap

One more spoon of cough Sup Forumsrup now, woah.

no surprise, it's the best album of all-time

> t. soycerers

Attached: azunyan and her favorite band.jpg (541x412, 72K)

3:12

Yuck.

You can't even tell me this song doesn't slap
youtube.com/watch?v=nk_WUs-zlNU

what was the name of that 311 song again?

Be more specific. Do you remember a lyric or at least snippets from the music video?

>the anti-311 face

Attached: cline.png (226x244, 135K)

Ew.

pretty sad actually, this is what happens to you if you don't buy Grassroots and immediately listen to it over and over. It's irreversible

Attached: wheat.jpg (600x600, 67K)

Yearly reminder that 311 sucks
youtube.com/watch?v=KTHc5VUG2rc

gross, even for edgy parody

Attached: thom.png (431x450, 321K)

it has a fat sumo guy in the video

A 311 thread, i feel like I'm truly home. Bummed that I couldnt make it to Vegas for the show this year. Went to 2016 in NOLA though and it was godlike. Anybody have a stream rip by chance?

Attached: SA.gif (138x160, 460K)

I'm gonna respond to this bait just in case someone that sees this that doesn't know any better.
>They're like the lovechild of Sublime and Dave Matthews Band.
This is the worst description i've ever heard especially since 311's been around longer than both of them. Either of those bands wish they had as much talent as 311.

It's probably their best senpai. It's really good in general.

whats 311

Police code for nudity in omaha

oWo hit me up sometime omaheh ;)

I never had the money, and now I'm afraid of crowds. I like the albums better anyway. Live was fun when I was young, now it'd be sad. They're getting too old and the first half of Mosaic was awful. The last half was godly

Attached: 311.jpg (725x546, 68K)

They still put on a good show man, trust me. I try to make it to at least one show a year and they never disappoint.
Also Mosaic could have been a top tier 12 song album if they just took out those 5 shitty radio songs that they made after all the good songs were done. Real shame about that.

I last saw them like four years ago and yeah, it was great. I saw them 13 times, but it just got to the point where seeing the band wasn't worth dealing with all of the douche bag fans. I was never much of a "dude-bro" type fan, I always liked the more esoteric themes in the music, and that empty cosmic Transistor/Soundsystem feel

Attached: 311-today.jpg (1024x721, 362K)

Yeah I sometimes feel like a fish out of water being a 311 fan bc they attract a lot of dudebro douchebag types. But fuck it I guess if they're fans i cant hate on that. Last time I saw them I went by myself, and it was the first time id gone to a concert solo, but i had a blast

I guess it's a common kinda feel. Best show was either the Rose Arena at Central Michigan campus because it was in a gymnasium so it was literally like a 311 assembly (I think it was Evolver tour) or one at the Philmore in Detroit because I was in the first row and they played a longer set because Ohio cut them off early the night before (fucking Ohio faggots)

Attached: my nigga.jpg (1033x679, 168K)

Transistor is legitimately the most underrated album of the 90s.

well satan, I guess it's official

Their fanbase is fucking terrible. However, their music is truly great. Only a couple albums I don't care for, but their newest material is most fantastic.

Grassroots is probably my favorite album.

>Their fanbase is fucking terrible. However, their music is truly great
that seems to be the consensus

Attached: transistor_.jpg (1650x675, 217K)

fucking perfect

i would say grassroots and transistor are the best

I like G-roots just fine, but I always thought Soundsystem did a perfect job tying up the themes begun in Transistor. Kind of a forward thinking album for the next century (before it all got severely fucked)

Attached: 311 - Soundsystem.jpg (500x500, 167K)

i feel you man. i really like soundsystem too, it's just that Leaving Babylon and Evolution kinda bring it down for me a little bit. Sever might be absolute favorite 311 track tho

>Leaving Babylon and Evolution kinda bring it down for me a little bit. Sever
I'll give you Babylon, it doesn't fit, but Evolution has some pretty outlandish drum parts and is musically unique, if not thematically a little silly. Sever has great far-away mystique

listen to Evolution on good headphones, Hugh Padgham really did some inventive mixing with the hi-hats and kick in that last chorus, and the drum corps opener is great

Attached: jake-2.png (639x450, 339K)

that true, i always really enjoyed the effects and the guitar on the bridge

is 311 alternative-prog?

Attached: 30671561d9224f82f5e6495eccd810ae4bb4c453c431e0ce052e6a5a567401cd.jpg (572x303, 123K)

So we all agree that Evolver is underrated as fuck right?

I can get behind this

Attached: reeese 2.png (264x239, 139K)

Maybe... but Muse fits that much more.

Good night everyone. Hope you all had a blessed day for 3/11 day. It's 10:55 in California as I post this. Goodbye, loved ones.

>tfw don't want this thread to die bc i never have anyone to talk about 311 with

Attached: tommy.jpg (1428x1071, 78K)

Fine. Here's another bump to save the thread.

Days of 88 is the best 311 song in 10 years

THE KID IS SMART
THE KID IS CLEVER
STOMPING IN JACK-O-LANTERNS WEATHER

Is it weird that SA has been one of my favorite vocalists since the first time i heard a 311 song? Idk if it's just nostalgia or what but i fucking love that man

Ook.

Agree

Wow, this thread is still up? Okay, better continue it anyway.

And now it's at page 8.

Not anymore.