A tv show from the 50s/60s is scarier than every single horror movie released in the last 20 years

>a tv show from the 50s/60s is scarier than every single horror movie released in the last 20 years
How is this possible?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0052520/eprate?ref_=tt_eps_rhs_sm
youtube.com/watch?v=TG3Bn-rqvlA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Much of popular culture then was based on the fear of imminent nuclear annihilation and it comes through. We don't have that, just meme culture.

Creative stories in a time when creativity was lauded, paramount and most importantly, successful.

It's just not rewarded like it used to be. The biggest moneymakers are rehashes or the same characters from 30 years ago.

You're supposed to tell people what tv show you're talking about you fucking assclown

>Being this much of a pleb

>not recognizing it
This is an 18+ website

>I've memorized every scene in every twilight zone episode

OP made a shitty thread, jump off his dick for a second will you

Basically a time before people could torrent every show/film?

>Not recognizing the twist from one of the most popular episodes of one of the most popular shows of all time and still going out of your way to be a dick about it to people that do

Seriously though does anyone think The Lateness of the Hour was one of the all time GOATs?

Come on user, not only is it one of the most iconic episodes, it's easily guessable from context clues. Do you even have a driver's license?

It's only rated 7.2 for a reason:

>backing your argument up with IMDb
Pathetic

It's OK, never heard anyone describe it as GOAT, though.
It's hard for me to pick a favorite episode.
Time Enough At Last is always a masterpiece though.

Does your middle school let you use reverse image search or are you just limited to math games and pbskids.org?

It's not and it isn't.

I love the Twilight Zone but if it genuinely frightens you in this day and age you have mental problems.

>admits to being frightened by modern horror
The only one with mental problems is you.

Very lovecraftian in a way, more of what you don't see is scarier than anything any modern show could show you

Between now and 1997 there's been some pretty good horror movies.

It's possible you'd know that if you watched anything other than the schlock produced by incompetent yanks.

I never watched Twiligh Zone but I was still able to know what OP was talking about.
You must be dumb.

>Between now and 1997 there's been some pretty good horror movies.

Some is about the gist of it. In that 20 year span there have been "some" good Horror movies.

>The Thirty Fathom Grave
>that ending

>The one with the camera

I've only watched about 5 episodes of Twilight Zone, and I figured it out simply through context.

good for you

>Citing IMDB ratings to prove a point

it was a good episode but it wasn't fucking scarier than the witch or the babadook

While the plots were usually top notch I found myself cringing at some of the narration

>Small naval engagement, the month of April, 1963. Not to be found in any historical annals. Look for this one filed under 'H' for haunting in the Twilight Zone

>using IMDB ratings for individual episodes of a fucking TV show

lol, that's like using RT scores to gauge a film's quality

Walking Distance was the best episode.

youtube.com/watch?v=TG3Bn-rqvlA

Is Black Mirror better?

Not really, it's way more hit and miss but it does have some great eps.

imo no
Black Mirror isn't that bad, but mostly all the episodes are longer than they should, also there's a lot of exposition.

Damn I've seen a good amount of twilight zone but no idea what episode this is

And When The Sky Was Opened

Watch it.

The son's face barely changes

What was the most heart warming episode?

One For the Angels, IIRC, the one with the salesman.

Old Man in the Cave

if yall havent watched it, it is worth it

Xmas episode

>twilight zone
>scary
pick one

I know that feeling, OP.

I routinely watch modern horror movies and they aren't nearly as horrifying as The Twilight Zone. I think maybe because it's psychological horror rather than "le scary jump scares xD xD"

Will the Martian stand up, or whatever the title is is my GOAT. Loved the twist.

Howling Man is my favorite. Very poetic telling of the hopefulness of man

it was really obvious what would happen

What did Sup Forums think of Shadow Play?

If one wants to get into Twilight Zone, do I just get a hold of the eps and go trough them episode by episode, season by season?

that is generally how people watch a TV show

IMDB knows best. Go from top to bottom.

The Obsolete Man is best episode.

Burgress Meredith was great, and I love when the dictator breaks down and begs for his life. Top-tier acting.

That is how I watch TV shows as well, but considering the episodic format, I though there might be some quirks

Just google a list of best eps, the show is actually pretty consistent though quality-wise

Alright,
though I think I will either stick to chronology or watch seasons by best to "worst"

Discard the imdb poster. You should know better.

Just watch them in chronological order
Anyone who says watch best episodes first are casual TZ fans

Guess status quo remains.

Christ what a bad episode.

One for the Angels
Night of the Meek
In Praise of Pip
The Fugitive
The Bewitchin' Pool
Kick the Can
The Trade-ins
I Sing the Body Electric

I always felt weird about Kick the Can
It's supposed to be heartwarming, but it feels like a lovecraftian horror story

Start from the first and just watch them.
Also. DON'T sit and try and figure out the twist. My wife did that (we got the compete run on dvd) and she didn't enjoy them at first. She spent the whole episode trying to guess what the macguffin was going to be. I told her to just relax, and let it hit you. Enjoy the mystery. After that she really started liking it.

I'm much that way with lesbian mainstream romance movies. ya got to let the tension build up instead of fast forwarding.

Well in one sense it's a happy little episode. The old folks get to relive their lives, BUT there IS something that hits you later.

What happens to all those kids? OK, they're young and having a blast...but it's now dinner time, or time to go to sleep. What do they do? Where do they go?

I can say the absolute worst episode of Twilight Zone is still a really good bit of TV drama. It may not be a great TZ episode, but it will out shine pretty much anything else on the screen.

Right. Combine the kids running off into the forest to do whatever for eternity with the fact that it was all not-mentally-sound old people being lured out to become those kids and you get something weird.

The Fugitive is a literal pro-pedophile episode.

Oh bullshit.
You're projecting so much, you could be an IMAX theater.

The transition of the devil is also very well executed.

I love that episode. Also love the shatter fortune teller

>episode ends with an old man marrying an 8 year old girl
Sure thing Humbert. Why haven't you been v& yet?

Not the guy you're talking to but they do say she'll *grow up* to be his queen, that doesn't change the fact he's thousands of years old though.

I think it's one of the best episodes in the whole series.

That was accomplished by an old B/w practical effect.
The set was lit with redlights, and the actor had red makeup applied to his face. They slowly dimmed the red lights, and raised the green lights and the shading on his face became visible.
The of course they used cuts, and applications as he walked past the pillars.
Cool stuff that was originally done in the 20's and 30's.

Howling Man is overrated. That ending was beyond retarded.

>dude it was earth the whole time

I just summed up 10% of Twilight Zone episodes. You're welcome.

Nah that's probably 3% of all episodes.

>it was humans the whole time

is probably closer to 10%

What about the other 90?

5-10 minute concepts stretched out to 25 minutes by repeating the same thing over and over

>Rewatch the scene remember it being well done
>they fucked up so there's continuity errors in every pillar ruining the effectiveness
Dammit I should've just left it in my memory.

changing of the guard always gets me in the feels

The Lonely if you don't watch the final 2 minutes.

the serling teaser/cigarette ads on the blu-rays are super comfy, i'm glad they kept those in

FRANKLIN

I really liked A Nice Place to Visit.

It's a good one.