Anime Kino

The great Masaaki Yuasa is releasing TWO feature movies this spring. Here are the titles and trailers.

"The Night Is Short, Walk on Girl" (April 7) -- youtube.com/watch?v=tmr6VSOW4zU

"Lu Over the Wall" (May 19) -- youtube.com/watch?v=W5W9eHDxBDc

How excited are you, Sup Forums?

>just in time to see the dawn of animekino

sugoi

Tatami Galaxy?

So a new ep of tatami galaxy and an original ?

nice

If my memory doesn't fail me, this is his first feature since...i dont even know when. last time I saw anything by him not related to tv was on Genius Party.

Already on my eagerly anticipated list of animation or else.

I'm confused. The first one looks exactly like Tatanami Galaxy, I mean it's obviously Nakamura's? style, but the characters also look the same. Is it related to that.

Is Genius Party worth watching? Only saw Dimension Bomb and that was kinda dissapointing. It felt unfinished. Don't know about the rest of the projects.

Yes ? The shadow look exactly like the MC so it's an OAV for sure

Better watch Mind Game

Thank you!

>thor is still an utter and complete plebeian
Jesus christ,

Just leave like deschi did already

It's by the same writer and by the same character designer, but unrelated plot-wise.

"Dimension Bomb" is the best short from "Genius Party", and one of the best short films ever made, according to me.

someone please explain what kino is to me

Yes, basically some of the greatest minds of anime contributing to an anthology.

Watch Genius Party Beyond (the 2nd part of Genius Beyond) for kino

Correct. All of gpb is kino.

SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT KINO MEANS

Will do.
Thanks.
I'll rewatch it, but together with the other episodes.

It's a stupid meme that's currently popular, I only used it in the OP for clickbait.

It's supposed to mean "good and elitist", since, supposedly, the more obscure the word for movies is, the better the movies are. The word itself is translated from Russian as "cinema".

In what way did Dimension Bomb feel unfinished?

None of the others did

>It's supposed to mean "good and elitist"

Nope it means "good but outside the bounds of conventional good taste."

Not necessarily, but I agree that the term was "forced" and heavily influenced by "vulgar auterists".