This is the only modern rock band that matters

This is the only modern rock band that matters.

Attached: 61ce128cfe6167e9c876f010d0410594.jpg (770x513, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PRa-Cz16P0c
youtube.com/watch?v=jo1POLhE450
youtube.com/watch?v=xxQEZ83CHZY
youtube.com/watch?v=LVHSIJKOoJo
youtube.com/watch?v=EONPtvcVdaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Db-TmSxE1Ao
youtube.com/watch?v=eZRRoIKcGPU
youtube.com/watch?v=nw3Ldw682qM
youtube.com/watch?v=v8wXtLnXvmQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

who's this?

Who?

Fucking whom?

yassss

Whomst've?

Iceage, fucking spergs. Although the new album is really underwelming

Is Thee oh sees

Are these guys the only young band with some actual character and stage presence?
It seems like the idea of a rock band actually being charismatic and actually looking and acting like a rock band has completely disappear over the past decade.

>Band hyped up as "punk" by indie publications
>Its boring arty indie rock for soyboys

Every time

Attached: gavin-watson-we-were-here-79-89-photography-skins-body-image-1475157034.jpg (1920x1080, 983K)

Their first two albums were punk.

they are my favorite band but the new album is completly shit, I cringed at most of the tracks.

this, when josh kicked that girl in the face people said it wasn't rock and roll

Iceage stopped being a punk band two albums ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=PRa-Cz16P0c
youtube.com/watch?v=jo1POLhE450
youtube.com/watch?v=xxQEZ83CHZY

>the only band that matters

they as good as the clash?

Listening to their first album, and I'm digging it so far. They're playing in my city in a couple months too.

The idea of rockstardom is too problematic and oppressive for the average soyboy.
Even Iceage get criticized a lot for behavior that was considered perfectly normal, even expected from high-profile rock musicians not too long ago(being difficult and obtuse in interviews, dealing with controversial subject matter, occasional outbursts of onstage violence).

Attached: efb030cc8e68419f8dedb530a16387ed.jpg (770x765, 82K)

I like Iceage, but I think everyone needs to be honest with themselves, that Iceage is a major band in the indie realm, not the punk one. Yeah, there are post-punk, no wave, noise rock, art punk, and even minor hardcore influences to their sound. But ultimately, they would do better alongside a band like Spoon than a band like Morrow.

While I like them, the only reason they blew up this much is because of their prettyboy singer

They're both. The audiences that they usually played to here in the early years when they were still coming up usually consisted of skinheads and hooligans and they were usually the least sonically harsh band on the bill and everyone still loved them.

youtube.com/watch?v=LVHSIJKOoJo
youtube.com/watch?v=EONPtvcVdaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Db-TmSxE1Ao
youtube.com/watch?v=eZRRoIKcGPU
youtube.com/watch?v=nw3Ldw682qM

They're like one of the only modern bands that still have that element of mystery and coolness to them. Most modern bands are just boring cucks which immediately makes it shit in alot of cases, atleast if you're looking for the whole package in a band.

It's a shame the new record is cheeks tho

Everything else has been pretty much flawless in what it set out to do but this one is just fuckin boring

Try actually looking to the underground you buster

They had crossover appeal. Their first record is a band I would book at a punk house with hardcore bands; they wouldn't be as heavy but they'd absolutely fit the bill and be recieved well by that crowd because they're something different with a similar energy.

Alternatively, they would be perfectly at home as the "heavy band" on an indie rock show.

>source: book shows regularly, have played in bands in the same situation

I wish they would make a whole album along the same country-ish sound of Lords Favorite lol

overrated band listen to this
youtube.com/watch?v=v8wXtLnXvmQ
for once a prog band, that isn't incoherent nonsense like Dream Theater or angsty like Opeth.