This was never good

This was never good

Is this the wrong opinions thread?

Characters needed more fleshing out for sure but it's still a great movie

Matrix was perfect. Matrix Reloaded was decent/digestible. Matrix Revolutions was garbage.

Reminder that this shit is why the entire movie fell flat on its face

>Matrix Reloaded was decent/digestible
I don't know why'd you think that when it was literally 2 hours of exposition to set up Revolutions.

That the high concept doesn't make sense realistically? There's tons of good high concept movies like that.

the Yuen Woo Ping fight choreography made it watchable

Whenever I watch it I just skip the bullshit story and watch the action scenes

classic autist Sup Forums contrarian

>there are still plebs unaware that the battery theory was a red herring, and that the Machines were harnessing human brain power for creativity.

Why else do you think there were plugs going into their brains, that's not how you absorb energy, idiot

millenials usually don't like it
don't worry

True that.
It's a horrible movie. It also ushered in a whole new era of shitty filmmaking.
And I saw it when it came out, so save that little nugget of deflection for your momma.

Really?

I think the original is one of the best movies to reach the "blockbuster" status

Originally that was the plot idea. That human brains were being farmed for processing power. Producers told the Wachowkis the audience wouldn't get it so they swapped it out for the battery idea.

Granted, this was just the resistance's "belief". The resistance didn't actually know why machines were incubating humans into a dream world.

Will smith was originally supposed to play neo. The idea being that non whites, lgbt, and other minority groups would want to fight the system as opposed to a white guy with a white collar job who benefits from the system.

this, they are so pathetic
they don't even realize they just unconsciously dislike movies everyone likes

How does Will feel everyday, to know he lost a chance to be in one of the most well know and ""respecting"" franchise to play instead in one of the most forgettable movie Wild Wild West?

The movie just wouldn't have been the same. It would have been harolded as the lefty's wet dream and everyone from center to right would have felt polarized.

Putting a """white""" male with a white collar job as the lead was a far better decision, appealed to a far larger audience and is praised by all for its inclusiveness.

You're such an ignoramus.

stop trying to rewrite history

Literally nobody would have cared in 1999.

>I don't know what exposition is

this

>interjecting current year politics into 1999
Underage please go.

I doubt it, he's probably just some faggot born after 2000

>implying this wasn't the GOAT movie when you were 13

>90's action hero Will Smith who acts like a more serious Fresh Prince in every movie as Neo
>instead of Rage Against the Machine an original rap song by Big Willy plays over the end credits

1 might not be as good but part 2 and 3 would be a lot more entertaining

The Matrix is a shit movie.
The only defense any of you have against this is either:
1."You're a contrarian"
Or
2."You are young/were young when you saw it"

You literally cannot defend it as a good film, all you can do is attempt to attack meaningless circumstantial things about people who say otherwise.

good writing, action, pacing, visuals and character growth. great antagonist.

done

>mindblowingly good especial effects at the time that still hold up
>great visuals and one of the few big blockbuster movies to do cyberpunk well
>clever writing and dialogue that mixes philosophy(albeit very introductory) with action
>very intriguing universe and overall just a creative movie
>some very good and interesting characters Smith, Morpheus

wow

so edgey

very bait

much troll

i am ruse

It was good for what it was trying to be. If you're saying it's not Chekhov, I agree.

t- pleb.

>the battery concept doesn't work meme
pleb

I agree, I've been saying how overrated it is for years, even the action which is what it's mostly known for is completely dull when re-watching it.

t. OP

Ow the edge.

DAMN!!!
That's good bait bro! Here, have a gold star

>that bowling pins noise when he throws agent smith

The pleb is here!

>unconsciously

So they only dislike them when they're passed out?

You mean subconsciously

That's kino you pleb.

>one cartoon sound effect ruins the whole movie

The autist is here!

you were never smart

the first time watching it when trinity is running up the wall. fuck that was like some jaw dropping shit, you don't get it because it's been imitated to death.