What is your favorite movie?

What is your favorite movie?

My heart wants what it wants

It's A New Hope.

But I just saw Nightcrawler for the first time, and it's amazing. I now know what all the buzz is about on here. I don't know why it didn't win all the awards and isn't talked about way more in the mainstream. Oh wait, yes I do.

Also, Jakey is one of the best actors today, I think.

usually BASEketball, sometimes Goodfellas
Miss March is up there

>Jakey is one of the best actors today
Absofuckinglutely. Zodiac, Nightcrawler, Enemy, PRISONERS, End of Watch... This man went from "almost forgotten one-hit-wonder" to a fucking movie rockstar over the course of the last 4 years.

It's not my favorite, but it's the movie I had most fun watching in the theater in the last 8 years or so.

Unironically this.
I've watched this movie over two dozen times.
I've probably subconsciously memorized the fucking script.

Me too. Christian Bale IS this movie. Actually Christian Bale's facial expressions are the core of this movie. I cannot even explain it.

Probably either this or Videodrome. Mulholland Drive is up there too.

>two dozen
when you're a kid, you watch a movie a hundred times because it's the only thing you have

Watched this last week and still thinking about some epic lines James Cagney snarled out.
>If that battery's dead it'll have company

I love you

mah nigga

Exactly. I came out of the theater and was so excited about it, I didn't know I still could feel this way after having seen a movie.

Goodfellas, I don't care if it's a safe answer, the film is nearly flawless

ohyes

yeeaaahhhhhh

>I now know what all the buzz is about on
What do you mean? I thoight everyone here liked it

Add Nocturnal Animals to that list

It basically achieved complete perfection with everything it set out to do.

never seen this posted here before, great film

Terminator 2 will always be the best action movie.

Not a Kevin Spacey fan but I adore pic related. Watched this shit probably 20 some odd times and have tried to show this to all my friends

Close seconds:
>Inside Llewyn Davis
>The Hunt
>Full Metal Jacket
too

Evil Dead 2 is a perfect fucking movie, I could watch it every day. It's one of those things that you just feel was specifically made for you.

*yawns*

underrated

Love that pumpkin-faced curmudgeon

Dammit someone always beats me to it but yea this film is a masterpiece

Forrest Gump

I saw Evil Dead at an indie movie theatre and won some comic book swag for answering trivia. Not a comic book guy or anything, but I like winning. Would recommend/10

ive watched this over 100 times

good taste

>What is your favorite movie?
one not defined by "illegally downloaded camrip"

WOLFMAN'S GOT *NARDS!*

My favorite car chase, that's for sure.

>I now know what all the buzz is about on here.

I've barely seen anyone even talk about it after it came out in theaters.

Auov uad auon acnurop ias iicinecu ertac iulunmod asiz... Aiutseca iulusacal iulutnafs ia irotacafenib is irotiulim irotanihcni.
Uezenmud iul rolibor roletacap aeratrei is aerasal aeratecrec aeriutnam aetatanas aecap ataiv alim urtnep magur en as iulunmod. Auov uad auon acnurop ias iicinecu ertac iulunmod asiz...

I've always thought it just edged out Goodfellas.
The acting, editing, soundtrack, pacing, etc is just top fucking notch.

Nah it was heavily meme'd for a good while. "Our generation's Drive"

>"Our generation's Drive"
A-user our generation's drive was drive.

do you even meme, son?

No. I get dubs.

Not seeing it mate. Mine, however..

thats rough

>THAT NUMBER
Holy shit did you predict this you nigger?

>WHIP IT!

The dark side of the gets is a pathway to many abilities that some would consider unnatural.

checked

desu I think it's 127 Hours.

The score, the acting, the story based on true events...all of it just comes together so well.

I don't know why nobody remembers it/takes it seriously, but it's seriously good.

Blue Valentine

Hasn't lost any of its punch after 30+ viewings

>watched Blue Valentine 30 times
I agree it's a good movie, but damn user, who hurt you?

I like your taste in movies user

Yes, Satan. You are correct.

Yojimbo

I'm just a fan of brutally depressing dramas (and i legit think the Goose is a GOAT actor)

Everything about Blue Valentine feels real. None of it seems scripted

really underrated movie. the nerve cutting scene made me naeseous, as it should have. great performance by franco, too. I wish Boyle could make another movie this good again. Trainspotting 2 looks so unnecessary and goes against boyle's up-to-now varied filmography.

Mah /m/an!

Lack of kino in this thread

Hard To Be a God or Beyond the Black Rainbow

I really love this one.

I was 11 and that was the first movie I ever watched in a cinema.

Nothing has ever ever come close to meeting and surpassing all my expectations or giving me the same feelings as Jurassic Park.

While not my favorite movie, Man on Fire is definitely one of my favorite movies.

Good taste I never see anyone mention it here.

Amazing atmosphere, soundtrack, and editing.

Good taste user. Not my favorite, but it is up there

You already posted it familiar.

I'm a sucker for 80's ultra violence. Dick Jones' office is so god damn aesthetic

whoops. Well guess the movie Sup Forums

Yeah, so I meant that I do hear it talked about on here. Or rather there's quite a few memes I've seen made of it. His character is very memorable.

But I never heard anything about it in the mainstream. Don't know why Normies don't care for it, but it is a huge indictment on the media today. Which, I am guessing, it didn't get a lot more press like I feel it deserves.

Absolutely banging movie.

Definitely know that feeling. So great in theaters as a little kid. Probably went 7 times

How is Nocturnal Animals? Gyllenhaal is my favorite, so will I really like it with him on the cast? Or is he more of a background character?

Watched it recently. Didn't think they'd make such a scandalous movie back then

I've seen it over 50 times, I always notice something new about it

Darkly funny and powerful as hell

Is this about that retard that lose his arm because he was being a douche out in the middle of nowhere and for some reason people respect him for being retarded?