Preoccupations: New Material

Okay it leaked, who's gonna share it

Attached: a3834850802_10.jpg (1200x1200, 307K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!gaZVyRTA!zbliX74VG-iZuOHzAwsXPBql-HdmNwIfiiR4Y41GOTE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The single was seriously so disappointing that I don't even care if it leaked

I'm sharing it on slsk, a couple of guys already downloaded it

that album cover is so deep i mean it starts as a circle and then it becomes a triangle and then a square it really makes you think

whoa...

it goes it goes it goes it goes it goes it goes it goes it goes it goes it goes it goes it goes it goes it goes it goes

Antidote maybe, but espionage is fucking amazing

mega link?

You posted this same comment in the other thread. We get it. We all think you're very clever.

mega.nz/#!gaZVyRTA!zbliX74VG-iZuOHzAwsXPBql-HdmNwIfiiR4Y41GOTE

downloading now thanks m8

does it sound like Viet Cong?

Attached: 1514849615567.jpg (900x675, 181K)

are they getting worse every album? those two songs did absolutely nothing for me. should have stayed viet cong

anyone got some first thoughts?
I've grown to like espionage quite a bit but antidote was pretty mediocre.

not bad album, but probably the weakest of any women / viet cong / preoccupations albums on first listen.
Occasionally reaches a sort of almost blissful new wave sound but seems a little tame overall. I'd say the album as a whole is on about the quality of espionage, but better than antidote which i found to be the worst track here. Solace was probably the best, and doubt had a cool atmosphere and synths but felt like it should have grown into something bigger.

guillotine yuh

And to add to this, the final track is along the same line as doubt in that its composed of some good sounds and is more or less pleasing to listen to, but not really wholly satisfying. Much of the album is centered around these relatively static drum beats that seem to be aiming at a more dance oriented direction, but i can't help but feel the album is just begging for at least one or two rock-outs like on "death" from Viet Cong, but it never comes.

idk if it's just the leak but it kinda sounds bottlenecked? I'm digging it so far.

>bottlenecked
im dumb, meant the term for when every instrument is the same level, forgot what that is

over compressed?

Who gives a fuck about this band anymore? They are spineless fucks.

You'll never understand Hermeticism.

>were losing gigs because muh forest gooks
>spineless

purely business

ALso I like it so far
Really nostalgic for me... like the synths. Reminds me of Saints Row 2 for some reason.

>Losing gigs
Citation needed

Imo them changing their name was to actually remain a band. They were forced to change it from Viet Cong because some places refused to book the band

Straight from Wikipedia

The band frequently faced controversy over their original name, involving accusations of bothracismandcultural appropriationbecause of the name's association with the original VietnameseViet Cong.In March 2015, the band was set to perform atOberlin College, but the show was cancelled due to their "offensive name"

I'm digging it. I'm sure people will complain since it isn't as experimental as their prior material and the typical women-esque guitar playing is long gone. Imo the songwriting is awesome, the vocals are great, and the production is awesome. I just wish there was some more experimentation, it feels too liner. Satisfied nonetheless

literally a google search away
also there's youtube videos of multiple shows of theirs being protested

Bands need touring revenue to remain viable so the name change was warranted given the circumstances of protests/cancelled gigs.