Could it work as a film? Maybe a netflix series?

Could it work as a film? Maybe a netflix series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=to8yh83jlXg
youtube.com/watch?v=hAAxJ2OEG_0
youtube.com/watch?v=oJ09xdxzIJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All videogame stories are shit mate, go back to Sup Forums you faggot, manchildren

Its already a rip off of Rambo, Planet of the Apes, Good bad and ugly, watchmen etc.

All blizzard does is make generic versions of stuff from pop culture.

It already failed as a game, why bother?

Yeah why not. Its a cool universe with plenty of characters to play with.

If it was me, I would make Pharah the main protagonist.

a storyless shot-em-up with 50 different species?

Could work as an animated movie. They already have an animation team producing short films and VAs, they just need a script and they're good to go.

But I really just want a TF2 animated movie

>muh vidyagayms
>muh netflix shows

Fuck off kid.

>youtube.com/watch?v=to8yh83jlXg
>tfw there will never be rated R pixar omnic wars kino.

>its a nobody defends the payload episode

There are too many of these.

>Could [video game] work as a film?
The answer is always no. Most of them can't even work as flicks.

If it were a film, it'd essentially have to be done by their cinematic animation team. Warcraft was such a colossal turd and part of the reason for that was because of how badly the live action stuff meshed with their top of the line CG.

It'd also have to focus on fewer characters than the full Overwatch cast. Like it'd be fine to sprinkle them all throughout the film in some small ways, but you can't have a 20+ character main cast and hope it'd work.

Maybe have some sort of game tie-in. Like there's some sort of new faction that rises up to create some new threat that forces the Overwatch crew and Talon to team up or whatever, maybe referencing the fact that you can have members of the different factions on the same team in game. I don't know.

>its a teammates pick 3 DPS and a mei in ranked episode

It barely even works as a game, so no.

>It'd also have to focus on fewer characters than the full Overwatch cast. Like it'd be fine to sprinkle them all throughout the film in some small ways, but you can't have a 20+ character main cast and hope it'd work.

This, we need the standard animated movie trio of Protag, Mascot/Sidekick and Romance/Third Foil.
Tracer is obviouly the goofy sidekick. For alternatives there's Junkrat and Lucio.
Pharah is charismatic and assertive enough to be the main character. Soldier 76 could work but he's too bland, McCree could work aswell.
Widowmaker could be a good foil and romance for Tracer for those liberal-bucks.

The rest of the team has little moments and cameos for fanservice.
Blam, a billion bucks guaranteed.

If you want to see a video game turned into tv, watch westworld.

we all know how that turned out...

>pharahfags
>widowtracer
"no"

What are you talking about?

Are you kidding? The universe and characters are bland as shit

Jonathan Nolan took inspiration for writing westworld from GTA V. That's why the story is so meandering and shit and full of filler

Wow I wish I could be as smart and mature as you

Stop nullifying an entire artistic medium you obnoxious neckbeard

kys my man

It's not an artistic medium.

FPBP

For you.

I genuinely like warcraft lore
I love overwatch gameplay
But the only thing more shallow than the story are the people who love it.

Is he ok?

youtube.com/watch?v=hAAxJ2OEG_0

"the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power"

Yes it is, in fact it's the amalgamation of several.

>works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power
That doesn't describe the children's toys you are defending at all

Pic related, not a game.

It barely qualifies as a game because it has 1 control but because you control what happens on the screen that makes it a video game and nullifies any artistic merit.

>2020
Tracer (May)
>2021
McCree (July)
Hanzo & Genji (November)
>2022
Tracer 2 (May)
Lucio (July)
>2023
Overwatch (June)

nah he's worthless and so are you

No. The Warcraft movie should have never been made this is coming from someone who genuinely loves Warcraft lore and has read all of the books.

A lot of sci fi shit rips off each other(40K rips off Dune) there's nothing wrong with that

I could see it working as a shitty cape-style tv show, like The Flash.

I just ordered this game and I had no idea there was this much lore involved. I'm so excited

Oh god no, even the writing of the shorts is awful.

Yeah, I'd like to see an animated movie or show that focuses on each hero or a group for every episode and connects

Not with Blizzard's writers in charge.

The animated shorts are all pretty good, if they just extended them and strung them together with an over-arching plot it would be pretty neat desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=oJ09xdxzIJQ

That one is my favorite.

What so you mean ordered? Surely you didnt get it on console LMAO

>it's a the current meta is unplayably bad episode

>playing ranked ever

until a proper solo queue comes in there's no point.

play quickplay and get XP and lootcrates and have fun with 5 DPS and a widow instead of getting pissy over retards in ranked

Bastion's is better.

youtube.com/watch?v=to8yh83jlXg

This, there is objectively no reason to play ranked without a group.

The animated shorts are nice, so maybe as a series of 10 minute episodes or something.

Would also love to see a Poker Night style game with heros as players.

t. bronze 'ITS MY TEAM HOLDING ME BACK I'M ACTUALLY FUCKING AMAZING AT THIS GAME' shitters

The irony of this argument is that there's no way you can actually know if it's true or not because the ranking system is so fucked.
Good players not getting rewarded for being good is only half the problem, the other half is that bad players can't tell if they're bad or not because the game won't tell them.

You're defending a broken ranking system with an argument that can't even be proven because of how broken the ranking system is.

protip: you are the only constant in your losses

the sooner you accept that the sooner you can make changes to get better yourself

>it's a kids talk shit about a video game episode when they watch capeshit TV "shows" which are even worse episode

The game gives the most points to players that do the most DPS. If you were the best player and you were a healer or a tank and did the most meaningful game winning moves but didn't get the most damage you would get less points than a dps despite being the most instrumental in your teams victory

I think a movie with the kids from the first trailer tagging along and becoming the heroes Tracer was alluding to would be cool. General audience gets introduced through older brother who gives 0 shits and fans identify with his little brother's fanboying. 76 and Winston could provide exposition, and a bunch of cameo stuff from other heroes sprinkled in. Have them fight Talon I dunno. Then continue the story with an anthology series a la Clone Wars. But that's just me desu.

You're right my teammates are amazing no matter what and I'm a useless cuck FUCK ME

I'm also the only constant in my wins, and that's the problem; if I play solo queue then I am the only constant. Everything else is pure random chance.
The idea that I should somehow be carrying every single game is antithetical to the entire point of playing a team-based FPS.

>You should be expected to carry everyone in a team based game
Kind of defeats the purpose. Solo comp is pure chance anyway

please delete this thread

this is the hard truth.

i was stuck in the 1500 range for a long time when i started comp but now ive gotten into plat, 2500, which to some people is still bad, but its an improvement for me. sure the ranking system isnt perfect (especially how you lose so much fucking sr when you're on a losing spree)but i dont think its as bad as people say.

oh, and i pretty much always solo queue, only exception is when people want to join up after a win, which ive done twice

It's a "you're left to either pick healer or tank and the Hanzo is guaranteed to bitch about not having one or the other" episode

>It's a D.va tries to bump you off the map but falls episode
Never get tired of those

people in every game say the ranking system is bad

fact of the matter is, the 'pro' players or 'semi-pro' players for overwatch, league, CSGO, dota 2, rainbow 6 siege etc ALL manage to carry themselves out of the lower ranks. And before you say 'WELL THEY ARE PROS OF COURSE THEY CAN', there are ~9 other people in each of their public games that are a similar rank that are NOT pro but managed to pull themselves up by their bootstraps through skill.

hell look at the twitch page for dota 2 2-3 years ago, half of the streamers were just Russians who leveled up the ranks of shitters for real life money and then gave it back to them. You're telling me that it's not skill and solo-carry power that lets some ruskie win 80% of the games in an average-tier matchmaking rank to get a higher rank? that he isn't clearly better than everyone else and wins games until he gets to the higher skill rank he belongs in?

2 hrs of watching widowmaker would be kino
Who would you cast as widowmaker?

amber heard

would need a costume for the fact that widowmaker is like 6'5 but she's still the best there is

Cast:
>Tracer: Kate Beckinsale
>Reinhardt: Ron Perlman
>McCree: Kurt Russell
>Roadhog: John Goodman
>Hanzo: Ken Watanabe
>Genji: Donnie Yen
>Mercy: Diane Kruger
>Reaper: Jackie Earle Haley
>Symmetra: Zoe Saldana
>Dva: Ellen Wong
>Junkrat: Matthew Lillard

kate is way too old and wouldnt look good with tracers haircut

The only they ever even made a game was to fund their cgi movie with it.

>its a nobody stays behind reinhardts shield episode

>Mei: Milana Vayntrub.

>She's not chinese
I don't give a FUCK, she's thick and cute, she's Mei.

>it's a reinhardt sits back like a pussy episode
>it's a reinhardt wastes his shield on a bastion, junkrat, soldier 76, and zarya unloading into him before waiting for his team to get in position episode

overwatch is reddit

got em

Emma Watson would obviously play Tracer.

Depends who would play Widowmaker

Warcraft had a way better chance of working, and it turned out shit. Overwatch would be a fucking disaster considering the game doesn't even have a fucking story.

Maybe Starcraft could work though if it was doing really well

Is this kino?

>no tf2 Netflix series or movie

fuck valve

>it's a person plays d.va episode

you know what they say, if you cant play, play d.va

I hate overwatch because too many classes are designed so even stacies can have success in the game

>Top of the line CGI

Kek

nigger the system is fucking awful

t. 3.5k shitter with ex pro ow friends