ITT: Impenatrable Performances

ITT: Impenatrable Performances

>Family's doin just fine, busybusybusy

completely underappreciated. Ive seen this movie like 15 times and i never get tired of it.

Im also a huge faggot for Keanu Reeves

>that solemn face

Holy fuck Drew is actual kino

I believe the word you meant to use is impeccable.

He has a fine future ahead of him in the thespian arts.

Why does Sup Forums hate Ledger's Joker?

yeah me too, Stormrare is going to be in John Wick 2 and 3 that and having Morpehus along for the ride is just too good.

No I mean impenetrable in the sense you CANNOT see the actor behind the character, as hard as I try I cannot see Heath Ledger in the film I can only see the Joker, people can hate on TDK but Ledger's performance was one of the best of all time.

>as hard as I try I cannot see Heath Ledger in the film
Sounds you might be a bit schizophrenic and could very well be a shooter waiting to snap?

It's the best batman movie because of Ledger
People hating on it are tasteless plebians

I know it's a well known fact but any Daniel Day Lewis performance really.

Whenever I stumble upon one of his interviews I have to be reminded that he is actually a fucking britbong.

Terrible joke, are you a brit or german by any chance ?

I'm not gay for him like most but his villain in Gangs of New York was entertaining

Unironically

An impenetrable performance would be best defined as a performance without the slightest hint of "I'M ACTING!" in it

"It seems what we have here is a failure to communicate"

For instance
No definition of impenetrable fits your description

>"Impenetrable - impossible to pass through or enter"

And we are talking about performances where you can't "pass through" the character and see actor behind it, where all you see is the character portrayed in the film.

An example of an easily penetrable performance would be almost any Leonardo Dicaprio performance.

So your definition of impenetrable is a synonym for impeccable which is the category you are describing. Therefore your redefining of the word is completely superfluous, if I didn't know better I would gamble that you are a sociologist.

is this dishonest filmmaking?

not even memeing, I literally don't see Tom Hardy at all, I just see bane

>not understanding what neither impenetrable nor impeccable means and still starting an argument about them

Wew lad

No, impeccable is more of a subjective term because everyone has their own opinion on what should be a "perfect performance", while impenetrable is a more objective term of a character which has almost no connections to the real life actor in his portrayal.

In all honesty, jokes memes, hate, shit all of it aside yes.

By serendipity get cast as a crusty emperor in your forties and then reprise the role while having a blast with it.

That's because he's wearing a mask you cuck.

Well, to be fair, no one cared who he was 'til he put on the mask.

impenetrable performance in a dishonest film

you fucking louse

I just want to say that I agree 100% with your word and performance choice.

Beat me to it.

Nobody hates TDK

It's the most overrated movie of all time and Ledger's performance is only lauded because he died.

Penatrable Performances

and then there's this faggot

I'd penetrate her if you know what I'm saying

I do not know what you are saying.

>So your definition of impenetrable is a synonym for impeccable
Are you retarded?

What is this?

Agreed. All memes aside, his acting was fucking amazing. Such a creepy performance.

good luck topping this

Constantine. Very loosely based on the DC comic Hellblazer but still good shit

NOT MUH basically

Jack Nicholson's entire filmography

Tom Cruise in Tropic Thunder. Yeah, its a comedic role, but I knew Tom was in the movie and still didnt realize it was him until the credits.
TDK Joker is my favorite performance period so ofc I agree.

Think is a rather difficult discussion though as I feel it can really only be applied to performances that have makeup/costume/mask.

You could talk about the nuances of the actor throughout their roles and similarity that appears... lengthy discussion there.

Another one that comes to mind is Gary Oldman in True Romance.

unironically

wasn't he just a soft spoken Jack Sparrow?

>I knew Tom was in the movie and still didnt realize it was him until the credits.
Are you blind?

Still see him as Rudy, shit pic

Rudy is one of the best sports movies of all time, so it's tough to escape its shadow.

I mean I agree Mom wanted me to go to Notre Dame and I went to some no name school in Tennessee. Sorry I guess

He was harder to recognize in Black Mass than Lone Ranger

Not a movie, but damn his performance was perfect.

Why the fuck did he even look like that in Black Mass? Whitey Bulger never even looked like that. Depp looked more like Rudy Giuliani than Whitey Bulger. And he acted more like the Joker.

greatest male performance on film