What are some jazz albums that are "well produced"?...

what are some jazz albums that are "well produced"?? i've seen ppl complaining that pic related has bad production and mixing so i'm wondering what is better

Attached: Kamasi_Washington_The_Epic.jpg (300x300, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4mEizx3CfI0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ws9Mmx4kL8U
youtube.com/watch?v=1XLbLKf9GnY
huckmagazine.com/art-and-culture/music-2/things-that-inspire-me-music-2/kamasi-washington/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they're just being elitist and hate this album because it's not 'real jazz'

Generic, but Kind Of Blue has some fantastic production.

Body and Soul by James Moody

Look up the criss cross record label OP. Yes their album covers are garbage and sometimes the quality of the music is pretty inconsistent but their mixing is incredible, especially the way they mix the drumsets. Pic related is actually a really good album too.

Attached: 1343.jpg (470x470, 62K)

all those mainstream 80s jazz records have the most sterile production I've ever heard. It's was sorta of an accomplishment on its own. I wonder how it was done.

Examples?

like what?

youtube.com/watch?v=4mEizx3CfI0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ws9Mmx4kL8U
Its a very oddly specific sound

I don't think I'd call that "sterile" with how much reverb is on the saxes. It's definitely a specific sound, but I don't know if sterile is the word I'd use.

It's "weird". I don't know what they did but it's something.

>criss cross
NO

Why

youtube.com/watch?v=1XLbLKf9GnY

These albums are mixed great for their time but they don't really compare to modern recordings.

Kamasi Washington shares his influences and inspirations
huckmagazine.com/art-and-culture/music-2/things-that-inspire-me-music-2/kamasi-washington/

Cringe overload

That album is well produced, if anything people don't like it being over-produced and sounding more like a hip hop album then a jazz album.

>over-produced
>well produced
choose one

>anime
hmm

>tai chi
lol I'd pay to see this fat fuck doing tai chi. it'd be way more entertaining than hearing him play.

This one sounds great to me.

Attached: a-voice-trough-the-door-conrad-herwig.jpg (1400x1400, 568K)