>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd
Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)
The Beginner's Guide to Jazz Guitar:
>jazzguitar.be/ebooks/The_Beginners_Guide_To_Jazz_Guitar.pdf
Blues Guitar Lessons:
>learnandmaster.com/resources/Spotlight_Blues_Guitar_LessonBook.pdf

Previous thread:

Attached: a438c9e03a2d80d32bfc15c310bafc60.jpg (1280x1024, 377K)

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/yc43rvsz
clyp.it/cxrah1cl
clyp.it/i1c0fchr
vocaroo.com/i/s1hIV5XnUyLR
youtube.com/watch?v=qdlQyNe_9tE
amazon.com/FLEOR-Output-Humbucker-Ceramic-Electric/dp/B073PYXSG8/ref=sr_1_3?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1520821831&sr=1-3&keywords=rail humbucker
vocaroo.com/i/s1Pnwu6T1czN
vocaroo.com/i/s1UE4beGtAqx
clyp.it/qbegippx
vocaroo.com/i/s1qq3SIpl2Me
vocaroo.com/i/s0SqEq71I8kn
vocaroo.com/i/s0EeDN3wAxYz
youtube.com/watch?v=j8CcTYsMHYU
clyp.it/wkaoeubw
clyp.it/qbegippx?token=fac18e871833448ac9cdb6a156616f45
dailymotion.com/video/x319h8x
vocaroo.com/i/s1MlAE42NQlt
clyp.it/lgl2rsap
youtube.com/watch?v=-5EmnQp3V48
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

HOW THE FUCK DO I SWEEP PICK

Attached: 1503118211559.jpg (478x449, 114K)

hows my bass playing, would my timing issues make a band sound bad
clyp.it/yc43rvsz
clyp.it/cxrah1cl
clyp.it/i1c0fchr

>you drag the pick across the strings in a smooth up/down motion at a constant speed
>you play chord arpeggios above the 12th fret with your left hand
it's not that hard m9

ike this vocaroo.com/i/s1hIV5XnUyLR

>clyp.it/yc43rvsz
you're pretty close to the groove here. A little bit off here and there, but the tightness will come with repetition. Just keep playing and playing and playing and playing, yo

I don't understand why Mio prefer the most boring color scheme for her bass

Attached: 21032714_1450326011670590_4561855414596911291_n.jpg (750x716, 77K)

repetition of what, cos its improv

are those the goddamn chords from hotel california?

repetition of the bassline. You improv until you find a bassline that you like. Then you play that bassline so many times that you could play it in your sleep. That's all you've gotta do. It's no big secret, it's not magic. Just practice. But make sure you're paying attention to your fingering, timing, accuracy, etc when you practice.

Cheap bridge humbucker that is on the bassy/mid range? Would it make sense to put a neck humbucker in there like the guy from Blink 182?

what strings are you using?

Attached: 1485081922406.gif (193x217, 31K)

not intentionally but they may be

i dont want to stop improvising

No, Blink and a neck pickup in bridge position make no sense.

Attached: 1484781403078.gif (300x214, 1.76M)

whats a good distortion or fuzz for shoegaze? alot of people seem to say Boss-HM02 but I also hear the big muff is good, HELP

1y+old daddario .40s

reposted

For bass?

Y'know it doesn't really matter, bro. For the most part, they're all the same. Some are brighter than others is the only real difference.

For the last few years, I've really been digging D'Addario EXL 160 Nickel Wound 50-105's.
>Gives you a REALLY ballsy standard tuning, and can go as low as Drop C without sounding like ass.

My runner up choices would be Dean Markley Blue Steel or just regular Ernie Ball bass strings. I usually always get the Medium gauge. Too thin, and you sound like a guitar, too thick and you'll shred your frets.

Ah, thanks.

I just want to play this again.
youtube.com/watch?v=qdlQyNe_9tE

you're gonna have to get really good at playing a set-in-stone part before you can be good at playing parts off the top of your head.

>gotta learn to crawl before you can walk

Putting a neck pup in the bridge would sound like muddy garbage. Tom Delonge thinks aliens chose him to be a prophet, so fuck what he thinks.

>depends on your definition of 'cheap'
For $80 you can get a seymour duncan sh4 JB which is my go-to. Good for any fuckin' genre, coil-splittable, the whole 9 yards.

If that's too expensive, you can take a gamble on something like this amazon.com/FLEOR-Output-Humbucker-Ceramic-Electric/dp/B073PYXSG8/ref=sr_1_3?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1520821831&sr=1-3&keywords=rail humbucker

boss DS-1 is unbeatable for that mid 90s hipster garbage. Super moddable as well.

awesome, that will go well with my midiverb 2 ;)

vocaroo.com/i/s1Pnwu6T1czN

vocaroo.com/i/s1UE4beGtAqx

keep an eye on your local craigslist. I've found name-brand pedals for $20 before. Just gotta keep trolling it.

Or check out a pedal brand called KOKO. Very cheap, but great sound. I have their compressor, it's unbeatable for the price. Basically just a MXR DynaComp with an attack knob.

if you're not going to get a Kinman pickup, why even bother? just stick with whatever gobbledygook pile of wire and refrigerator magnets you already have. it builds character.

Attached: Christopher Kinman.jpg (300x300, 27K)

he's good but they cost more than fralin or lollar. no thanks.

>Kinman pickup
He asked for a cheap pickup, doodoohead. Once you get into boutique pickup territory, they're all about the same price, and the sound difference between each brand is mostly negligible (Bareknuckle, TV Jones, Kinman, Fishman, Fralin, Lollar, etc).

sometimes you ask for the wrong thing. this is one of those times. there's no point in getting a 'cheap' pickup to replace your cheap pickup. you'd be better to just keep what you have instead.

Attached: 51Cft1UXq+L.jpg (333x500, 47K)

Find an arpeggio shape you like do it slowly and add some notes mainly at the end.

>liking shapes

enjoy guitarisms

I am the guy to recommended the Seymour Duncan, and those are by no means "boutique". But my $200 bareknuckle pickup really can't outperform it enough to justify the price. Neither can my Lace Sensor. If you like the tone it produces, it's a good pickup.

Shut your whore mouth with that artisan, hand-wound trash. It doesn't sound any different. Don't make me rape you.

>hand wound

kinman pickups are machine wound, because you can only hand-wind tightly. a machine can wind the wire much looser, and while scatterwinding is a good thing, randomwinding isn't, and a person can't accurately wind a proper pattern.

> It doesn't sound any different

wrong

>Don't make me rape you.

you don't stand a whores chance in hell

you guys like my newest song
clyp.it/qbegippx

My suhr aldrich sounds superior to any seymour duncan.

pretty cool

Attached: 1479290648478.png (237x224, 32K)

Find a set of Fender Blacktop pickups. They're great.

the solo was improvd i just kept playing after the riff

vocaroo.com/i/s1qq3SIpl2Me
How’s this mix?

also thanks cutie

>mfw I found a Gibson Firebird 70's tribute for $700

Attached: whoamama.jpg (480x552, 69K)

who is "I"?

DOD Carcosa

Attached: 1484061230914.gif (400x225, 1.99M)

not a telecaster, so, not very exciting.

>clyp.it/qbegippx
I dig it. Has a dirty, early 90s alt rock feel to it. Refine and re-record. Needs a big scott weiland style voice on the chorus. You got a soundcloud? I wanna hear how this ends. I could throw down some bass, electric,or vox if you need.

>vocaroo.com/i/s1qq3SIpl2Me
Good, organic sounding mix. A tad muddy. Turn your bass down a scosh. Make sure you're using some parametric EQ to do a hard low cut for guitar, bass, drums, snare. Where you cut it depends on the instruments' place in the mix.

How you guys like the new song I'm working on? It's like crabcore meets beach boys.
>vocals are still really rough. just gave them a once-over.
vocaroo.com/i/s0SqEq71I8kn

ok guys this is the pedal board that I've planned so far, I know the order might not be right but ill figure that out once I get everything setup

Attached: sdfsfsdf.png (875x351, 422K)

pretty cool but i prefer this one
vocaroo.com/i/s0EeDN3wAxYz

cool, thanks, it's /samuelcfaria, do you think a grunge mix and tones would suit it best?

wassup Brett Chauncey?

>digital reverb
>hall of fame reverb
Nigger, why?
First off, I'd never recommend anyone get that digital reverb pedal. Second, I really am not a fan of the TC electronic HOF pedals. My buddy has a HOF and he swears by it. When you run them through a decent tube amp, they sound great. But they sound like hot shit coming through a solid state. For reverb, I would always go for the EXH Holy Grail.

>Digital Delay
You're breaking my fuckin heart here, kiddo.
Get a line 6 DL4. I've seen them on craigslist for $100 before. An absolute steal at that price. I swear by them for any delay/echo/slapback/spank application

Looks good to me.

I'm having a flashback.

youtube.com/watch?v=j8CcTYsMHYU

I like your song sounds a bit like Katy Perry

thanks, i’m gonna sit back for awhile and come back to it with fresh ears. I’m trying to figure out a good mix for lofi without it being too bad.

Your song reminds me of the stuff that was coming out when I was in high school so that was fun to remember my snake bites and shitty straightened hair.

are you a shitskin, im disgusted

>/samuelcfaria
Just followed you. Hit me up on the messenger in SC. We'll turn that riff into a fuckin banger, STP style. You got a usb interface and electric guitar?

how was it mixing heavy guitars on a pop mix

Italian

>vocaroo.com/i/s0SqEq71I8kn

I dig the drums, can't hear the bass line too well but what I can hear sounds fair. I'd work on your mixing more, especially for the higher harmonies. Experiment with some reverbs and bring the volume down a bit. The autotune needs a little work too.

Overall solid piece so far. Kind of sounds like Pop-Screamo.

wow. ok
yes

Attached: 1485688927369.png (415x295, 246K)

the new definition of lo-fi is now just a natural sounding mix.

Old lo-fi was using actual low-budget and/or shitty gear to record, then hardly mixing, if at all.

Your mix is already sounding really good and natural. Do some low-end EQ cutting and it'll really tighten things up. Since you're going for lo-fi, you might consider forgoing your mastering fx. I usually only do some light multiband compression to avoid clipping, but if some clipping here and there adds to the A E S T H E T I C, then go for it.

>vocaroo.com/i/s0EeDN3wAxYz

There's potential with the voice but you gotta work on your singing more. If you tried emulating a bit of Amy Winehouse with your vocals, you would have something on your hands. The mixing is required, too, but otherwise there's potential

hey m8

Hello

Attached: E2664F7C-B3A7-4C42-BD20-3AC92CDD7B87.jpg (640x1136, 75K)

which one is you?

Attached: Screenshot_1.jpg (78x671, 15K)

Clearly the chad at the bottom

>implying that's bad

It's funny you mention that, because it was 2009 when I discovered the guys who originally did the song. They had straightened hair and snake bites too. Was jokes. Miss those days.

It's not too hard. Cut the low end a little bit more than I usually like to in order to make way for things like sub-bass synths and whatnot. I've been enjoying the challenge so far.

I forgot how bad vocaroo quality is, I'll upload it onto clyp for anyone who wants to hear it clearly. The bass is pretty present in the mix imo. I'm a bass player by trade, so I'm always turning the bass up way too loud in mixes, because I like how it sounds. Trying to break the habit. Thanks for the ideas. I'm still finishing the song. I've got a good bit of vocal work to do. It's always hard for me to find a reverb that sound "big", yet sits well in the mix. The autotune is a bit of a drag, but the original had it, so I decided to stay true.

>Higher quality version of the song I'm working on
clyp.it/wkaoeubw

Good. You can play to a metronome, yeah?
Message me on soundcloud. Send me a download of that riff. We'll get to work on it.

There was one of these on ebay the other day. Ibanez Talman TV650. I had bid on it, and was in the lead when I went to sleep, but I woke up and the auction was done and I lost. Feelsbadman. The only guitar they still make in this shape is the Noodles signature and it just doesn't do it for me.

Attached: tv650.jpg (760x468, 216K)

>It's always hard for me to find a reverb that sound "big", yet sits well in the mix

Have you tried rerecording the same lines twice, combine, then giving them an echo

I actually did a good bit of that on this. More on the falsetto stuff.
clyp.it/wkaoeubw

yeah most of the time
downloadable:
clyp.it/qbegippx?token=fac18e871833448ac9cdb6a156616f45
check my latest post on sc theres another riff please dont steal it

sometimes.. oftentimes .... less is more.
too much going on for me.

Attached: 1485065024460.gif (420x315, 382K)

Yeah, that's much better. I'd still look into giving the falsetto a bit more echo (the bits that have it sound great) and when youre harmonizing, sing your lower voice with more gusto because your tone sounds like it's being upstaged/not enough push. Also, at the end of the song - give your falsetto a reverb fade-out (maybe it swings between the channels too).

Also, this one sounds more like if Foster the People did a screamo song.

Keep it up, it sounds good

>mfw /gg/ can actually make music

Also, with regards to the doubling up, take a page from Butch Vig

dailymotion.com/video/x319h8x

proco rat
hello ultimateguitar

Attached: 1485065253743.png (482x444, 120K)

vocaroo.com/i/s1MlAE42NQlt

Sup dude

Take the riff, and re-record it at 170bpm. Really rock out with it. Be heavy-handed with your playing. Heavy handed but accurate. I did a quick mockup drum part for the first 15 or so seconds of your riff. We'll figure out more later.

Download this file and import it into your daw. It'll make a good mockup to see what we're working with
clyp.it/lgl2rsap

Noob question so bear with please;

HOW DO YOU GIT GUD?

I picked up the guitar again after 10 years and I can play the same old shit only better sounding now but new stuff is so hard to learn and you zone out and fall in the spiral of self-hate and unworthyness. How to get out of this limbo

Attached: IMG_6696.png (435x468, 112K)

>I've seen them on craigslist for $100
too bad I live in aus, its $200 around here, a dd7 can go for as low as $100, I can always resell it and get something better later, Im also pretty set on the TC HOF because you can edit the reverb setting in the software and get some pretty crazy swells, plus the holy grail doesn't even have shimmer which is what id be using it for

im sorry for you low self esteem user

nothing much

I just came back from St. Augustine

My bass playing is improving thanks to my lessons

and I'm still trying to find a band to join

Nice redditspacing

now make out

enter in a bubble of GAS

You have to set goals first

cool
its like 1am here, will do it tomorrow, can i hit u on sc or /gg/?

Hiw was the trip? Music related? I was jamming with a bass player the other day it was cool. He had a mark hoppus bass with a maple.precision neck if I'm not mistaken. I played the bass dor a bit and it sounded real good and felt good. He had a small portable ampeg amp he brought. We played Blink songs on sosa. Was fun lots of drinking.

Play different songs.
I'm trying to forget the decade of metallica /megadeth mimic and get my oold mojo

youtube.com/watch?v=-5EmnQp3V48

Lmao if you can't git gud you can always buy as many pedals you can, learn the pentatonic minor scale and upload some pink floyd covers to youtube

ur getting better

Attached: 1485050941489.png (500x301, 232K)

Why is Sam not perma b&?

Idk, focus on improvising. Learn how to solo over a blues, learn the scales involved, start there. Figure out modes, learn jazz chords (root, third, fifth, seventh), and then come back and work on whatever is giving you problems. I took a long time off learning other peoples' music to focus on the basics of theory and improv and when I came back to learning more difficult stuff I found it much easier. Guitar has its own language and once you start applying the fundamentals you'll see how they're used everywhere.

He keeps evading.

I can vouch for the HOF its golden coming through my marshall

ibanez powerlead for like $20 dood

You're very right. Like I was telling the other user, this is a cover of a band I used to be super into back in high school. You've gotta look at it as a product of it's time. They were a 6 member band that was a mashup of screamo and trance music. Normally, I like straight forward rock (drums, L/R guitars, bass, vocals, maybe keys)

In this song theres:
>3 and 4 vocal tracks going simultaneously
>between 2 and 4 guitar tracks going simultaneously
>2 synth tracks (sub bass and square)
>a drum kit
>a 909 machine

fuckin overkill lel, but I still always enjoyed their music, and it was a fun challenge to try a cover of it.

I'll work out the kinks in the vocals next time I record. I do agree with you, my voice was hitting its ceiling on some of the stuff. Not all of it, but some of the super high highs were difficult to do. I actually have a pretty decent range though. The part where it fades out actually isn't the end. It's just how far I've gotten with recording guitar/bass/etc. There's a whole slow section I still need to figure out. Nobody had tabs of this song. Not even the guys in the band.