Why do Latin Americans hate Native Americans?

Well?

Youre basically saying why aftican americans hate african americans

What part of Latin American culture is like Native American culture? Not to mention most Latinos dont look anything like natives

You're making a dumb, blanket statement here OP but as a spic I may be able to help.

When the Spanish arrived to the New World they created a caste system that was in theory based on how Spanish someone was (someone born in Europe had access to the highest paid jobs and could get colonial governerships, while African slaves and Native Americans were treated as peasants and slaves). However in practice the most people could do to verify your racial purity was look at you. As a result, lighter skined Mestizos (mixed white and native) and Mulattos (mixed white and black) who could pass for white ofte took advantage of it to better their positions in life. So the system morphed into "whiter means better", and that caste mentality continues today in most of Latin America.

All Latin American nations have white people, but they're usually minority behind Mestizos/Mulattos. Despite being a minority they are usually extremely wealthy as a group compared to the rest of the nation because they are descended from white colonials who benefitted from the caste system. This reinforces the old caste mentality, so people try to pretend to be as white as possible no matter how brown they are. The idea of being native is synonymous with inferiority, something to be made fun of. This is why you get the vibe that latinos hate Native Americans. This is worse among Caribbean latinos (where the natives were totally wiped out); they view Mestizos from Mexico, Central and South America as beneath them.

Latin America should have given their indigenous reservations to keep their culture alive

why do you call yourself a spic?

I was born here from immigrant parents, but I'm still a spic. What else do you want from me?

We have some, they're gibe.edats queens and seek deals with oil companies looking for money whithout doing nothing that resembles some kind of work.

have some self respect

CHI

t.SPIC brother

No contesten a estos hilos

They do not hate

The area for indigenous people is larger than Germany and France, and this is because they account for less than 1% of the population

Latin America is a lot like how I would imagine a gigantic reservation

Lol doesn't your government basically let white farmers go around shooting and maiming indigenous people

Why spain genocided this?

T H I S

so they're basically red criollos?

kek

Not really, criollos didn't made a way of life based on being parasites and an eternal victim role.

Nice arguments there mexicas...

Europeans created caste system favoring whites and anti native

I have to disagree with you there on the Caribbean, from my experience having native blood is something that is sought after simply because its rarer there, at least in Cuban culture; and there are in fact still pure natives in Cuba, not a lot but they're there.

Got anything to support these claims?

I say this based off my experiences with Santeria which is basically knowing what spirits follow you around and every time someone talks to the shaman( not correct word but its basically that) every fucking time they ask if there are any indios/natives, they usually view it as something to brag about, there have also had several pale white girls claim they're part native because their parent said that their great grand parent was total legit native or some crap.
Pic related shows overall admixture for the island but it was a small sample size so take with a grain salt, however there pure native (Taino) and meztizos that are 50% and more native but they are almost entirely in the east and keep to themselves and are relatively few in numbers, think 150-200k.
It has also become very popular to larp as a native to "keep the culture alive" which while commendable most of the people doing it are tri-racial, lower percentage mestizo, and some are clearly mulatto. The same thing is also happening in Puerto Rico.
The native culture influence is still ingrained in the islands overall culture however and many are at least part native, so there legacy still carries.
also they invented the word barbeque.

What a nice and informative thread, bump

>white people are not violent...