JUST

JUST

fuck my mo cap up

he made a lot whe made more than BVS

Just what?

Looks like it did well

how is nearly a billion dollars a flop? as a star wars fan, i hated this movie but it certainly succeeded in getting foreigners that like cgi battles and bearded fat fanboys into the theater seats.

>Didn't break a billion
LOL. I'd be surprised if they even broke even.

man star wars has such a strong cultural grasp on america. it made less than star trek in china i was reading.

ITT people who don't understand that this franchise cost $4 billion to buy. It is gonna take years to be profitable and subsequent movies will make less and less money as people wake up to the fact that these movies are crap

...and according to imdb tommy h is in episode viii

It was 4th highest grossing movie of 2016. Zootopia beat it though.

he thinks disney the jew is happy with that number, lol

This is the only spinoff that will gross 1 billion

you already have normies complaining about how boring star wars is

This is why you don't fucking splurge $200 million on making a movie and $200 million more on marketing it. It's a dogshit investment. What kind of movie costs that much anyways? This is a recent phenomenon and every kino worth a fuck usually has a budget of under $50 million anyways. I don't want to watch a video game in theaters. That's what Peter Jackson failed to understand when he spent more money on the first hobbit movie then on all three lord of the rings films combined.

Nigger they make money off selling merchandising like toys. They probably already are close to getting it back.

Did you see it?

I admit that Episode VII was not particularly good, but Rogue One was quite enjoyable.

thanks finance magnate sitting alone in his dirty encrusted underpants in tenement basement apartment funded by state welfare checks

>tfw hanging out in my hobby room in the warm glow of my monitors wearing comfy sweats and a soft hoodie late at night

Stay mad and keep gobbling up those angsty CGI bukkake festivals :^) do you wanna talk about the latest Star Wars theories bro?

lol they paid $4b for lucasfilms

What were all the merch sales before TFA?

>With “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” providing a boost, global retail sales of licensed merchandise rose 4.2% to $251.7 billion

So around 11 billion? I wonder how much of that money they actually get.

Whoops, I meant that they made 11 billion off of merch with Star Wars.

>people buying worst starwars merchandice
oh well its no worse than the shit that got sold alongside the prequels

Unlike other films, Rogue One is going do to great with bluray/dvd sales

It seems more like, for the hobbit movies, he straight didnt give a shit and wanted to just do it the easy way.

why doesnt disney just buy 12 million dollars worth of tickets

This thread confirms this board is filled with special ed students.

988 millions... Flop

Del Toro was supposed to direct 'The Hobbits'. He pulled out at the 11th hour, forcing Jackson to take it on with little-to-no time for pre-production.

Did this really bomb in China?

those tits are too big

They made double that money off the toys they sold for force awakens.
Movies are fuck all for disney.
They make money via toys and themeparks

The Chinks are patrician enough to realize that Star Wars is a shit IP being hashed to death for manchildren

They made more money in the lead up to The Force Awakens than they did with the BO of The Force Awakens.

>Star Wars
>cant beat capeshit boxoffice
kek

>the Chinese
>patrcians
Puh-lese.
The only reason why these movies are successful at all is nostalgia and children and teenagers have that built in when they're young because their parents force them to watch it.

Im so glad Disney is making SW, I will have years of joy reading butthurt posts from anons. It is like reading pro Hilary posts. Your tears bring me joy.

EL JUSTO JAJAJAAAAAAAA

>150% net profit.
>It's a dogshit investment
uh, okay.

Dont bully bunnyfu

They'll make the money back with episode 8, hopefully this encourages them to stop doing solo movies bc knows if this flopped with Vader then the Han Solo movie will flop 10x as hard

Cameron is not impressed