What albums will people still be listening to 100 years from now?

What albums will people still be listening to 100 years from now?

Attached: GettyImages-92194996.jpg (615x409, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0u7i27WmI4c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Family Guy: Funniest Moments

>albums

We'll be strictly on releasing singles by then.

>singles

we'll be hearing milisecond long songs by then

youtube.com/watch?v=0u7i27WmI4c

because... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

World of Wacraft Soundtrack (TBC)
Buzzfeed Top 10 Anime Openings
Spotify Greatest Retro-Funk Playlist
Niggers on the Moon
In the Court of the Crimson King

Black Sabbath with Ozzy will be considered the definitive Sabbath. Paranoid will universally be considered a 10/10.

Whichever ones the overlords let us listen to

Attached: Pink-Floyd_WYWH.jpg (679x679, 85K)

I'm pretty sure the average song length will be around 2-3 mins, and yeah, most probably singles. Also depends if pop music explodes like in early 1970's, hopefully...

Tы дayн?

Well, what do you listen to that came out 100 years ago?

classical

There were only like 100 albums 100 years ago lmao

Unironically some 15-20 year-olds are gonna be curious and they are gonna check out these albums first (because critics are gay) :

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Radiohead - OK Computer
The Clash - London Calling
Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid Maad City

Those will be the big 4, mount Rushmore

>Kendrick Lamar

Attached: 1518704486306.png (644x800, 15K)

>Grouping Kendrick Lamar and Radiohead with Pink Floyd and the Clash

Honestly, this might be the worst post I've ever seen.

T. Kanye Fags

Just remember that Hip Hop will need it’s “bonafied classic”, and we already in that era where their being released bros. Other than MBDTF and GKMC I can’t think of anything that could be that “pinnacle”, and Kanye sucks dick and likes fingers in his ass so there we go

today its the first time I post on Sup Forums ever in my life and seriously that guy naming Kendrick Lamar in here makes me immediatly leave again, forgot how desperately lost and tasteless some people are to name someone like this in same sentence as the others

Attached: 1519812360643.jpg (500x375, 65K)

That guy is me and you’re a fucking idiot who doesn’t belong here.

GET OUT. SERIOUSLY.

you don’t want to know what happens next

How poignant.

I was thrust into this world knowing Spongebob. As i had grown, he shaped me to become who i am today, an all-emcompasing force forever cemented in my mind.

And in my last minute, as i die and leave this world for eternity, this is what i shall see.

do you really think gkmc will edge above tpab in a few decades?I expect gkmc ratings to fall as its sound becomes more outdated while tpab will only go up

Attached: beatles[1].jpg (1024x887, 311K)

Yes.

I will just state this:

GKMC might not be as progressive and “try-hard” as TPAB, but it’s much more honest, less egotistical, and more accessible head to toe. It’s also the Kendrick album I personally revisit most.

>virgin kendrick fan plebeian tries his hardest to rag on chad kanye fan patricians
absolutely embarrassing desu

singles are less relevant than they ever were you retard.

harsh vapor-folkstep

I'm glad you're choosing to leave.

>hearing
Implying we won't just inject liquid music through a needle, or place a music tablet on your tongue.

An average pop song length will be about 10 mins long

As for albums from 2000-present that aren't already considered some of the best of all time (ie Kid A)

Off the top of my head:
Endless + Blonde
Kanye's entire discography
IDLSIDGO, (maybe) Solace
Michigan, Illinois, Age of Adz
AMSP, IR
GKMC, TPAB, UU
XXX, Atrocity Exhibition

The Mighty Handful
Like a good russian nationalist

The Clash are absolutely the worst on that list

Miles Davis (at least the fusion stuff)
Sing to God will be regarded as one of the best albums ever created
Can
The Beatles
Post-punk will be kept alive if the future is worth saving

t.

Attached: soyboy.jpg (183x275, 11K)

Music had just been invented 100 years ago

you'll fit in just right

Nuno Canavarro, Laurie Spiegel, Basil Kirchin, Francois Bayle, Ditto, Scott Fraser, Pork, Ruth White, Tod Dockstader, Herbert Eimert,Conrad Schnitzler, Minimal Man, I Am A Lake of Burning Orchids, :zoviet_france:, Roland Kayn, Herbert Distel, Asmus Tietchens, Thomas Mann, Beaver & Krause, Supersilent, Daniel Schmidt, Dreamies, Edward M. Zadja, Korea Undok Group, Tiziano Popoli, Franco Leprino, Mother Mallard's Portable Masterpiece Company, U Sco, Silver Apples, Triptides, David Borden, Seesselberg, Nocturnal Emissions, Caroline K, Pink Industry, Morton Feldman, Didier Bocquet, Michael Pisarro, Attwenger, Cosmic Circus Music, Graham Lambkin, Mz. 412 Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Aporea, Half Japanese, Mega Banton, Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon and Eliane Radigue,

in your dreams, you pretentious faggot

i am a pretentious faggot

this horrible copypasta comes up half the time i try to find something in the archive so fuck you for perpetuating it

also pic related

Attached: 1494554992262.jpg (1200x2400, 959K)

slightly off topic.
what music is still listened today which aged over 100 years?

dont go too much like mozart or beethoven. at least romantic.

wtf is Korea Undok Group

It's very apparent

also GKMC is more accessible than TPAB which will help cement it's status as a hip-hop classic

why is that pic so pleasing to look at

Mary Had A Little Lamb

>Laurie Spiegel
>John Cage
>Frank Zappa
>Alice Coltrane
>György Ligeti
>Sun Ra

so this guy is not joking.
i felt more horrified

>andre east - brosanna
>tyler the inventor - mongrel

Attached: 1518335217997.jpg (223x200, 9K)

His electric period. I am sure Dylanologists will probably still exist too.

Attached: C9FF81BF-E568-450E-8793-C4538416D4A4.jpg (295x300, 22K)

i am very apparent

That's not a good answer because the album format wasn't commonly used 100 years ago, ask the same question in 20 years and we'll talk

90s classics like 36 Chambers will be remembered

i can't believe you don't like good popular music like me.

Are you retarded? No full album has a billion views on Youtube, or even 100 million. Most people don't bother to listen to full albums, and tons of artists are already focusing on releasing hit singles, not albums.

Night At The Opera
Out Of The Blue

These are the ones that I like that I think might last