Cameron is BACK

>movieweb.com/terminator-reboot-director-tim-miller-producer-james-cameron/

And according to Cameron, everything after Terminator 2 hasn't happened.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ENSdhADvYIM
hollywoodreporter.com/news/berlin-festival-adds-digitally-restored-terminator-2-annie-hall-965897
jamescamerononline.com/T2Complexity.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=EEJMDet82Hk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>And according to Cameron, everything after Terminator 2 hasn't happened.

Like anybody really needed to be told that.

Also surprised people aren't worried that he's only producing and they got the Deadpool guy, I'll be more hype when I know who's writing the screenplay.

Eddie Furlong better hit the fucking gym.

FUCK OFF WITH ALL THAT REBOOT REMAKE REHASH SHIT

Why? The traumatic events from T2 made him fall into drugs and alcohol and we'll get a neat Rocky montage with the Terminator getting him in shape.

I like the way you think.

>lifting with the terminator as your gymbro

Fuck, I have a new dream.

If it's a James Cameron movie, they'll probably shoot it all in MOTIONCAPTURE4D12KHFRCGIRENDRENFARMGREENSCREEN thingy so it won't matter what the actors look like.

>Producer James Cameron

GET ME SAM WORTHINGTON RIGHT NOW

>JOHN CONNOR YOU ARE FAT
>Hey maaaaaaan ease up, we blew up a building when I was like 11 or something.
>YOU MUST WOHK OUT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
>yeah right after this beer
>*terminator crushes beer can*
>okay okay I'll go to the gym
>NOOOOOO THE OTHER TEHMINATOR WILL DEFINITELY TRY TO AQUIRE YOU THERE!
>what? how would he know I'd go there?
>RECORDS OF YOUR FLABBY GUT WERE RECOVERED BY SKYNET FROM AN UNDAMAGED FACEBOOK SSD HARD DRIIIVE.

Isn't this LITERALLY what happened in Terminator Genisys? What, are we going to pretend that garbage didn't happen now? Why would ANYONE want to continue this franchise? James himself said that nothing after T2 mattered.

Genisys saved the Terminator franchise from repeating the bad future plot over and over again. Now we get this.

Based hack

>Genisys saved the Terminator franchise

In other words, it's just gonna get more confusing. Also, why doesn't T3 count? Judgement Day had to happen.

>The filmmaker has also signed on to develop and executive produce an adaptation of the Sonic the Hedgehog video game, but he will not be directing, with his Blur Studios partner Jeff Fowler making his directorial debut with Sonic the Hedgehog.

This just blows my mind.

Because T3 was a shitty T2 rehash.

Becuase Cameron did not directed it. He considers canon Terminators HE did.

More franchise reboots and sequels, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy, how creative

Yeah, yeah, that blue Navii dick sucking son of a whore said the same shit about Terminator Gynosis.
Fuck that old vegan tree fucking faggot. He dropped Battle Angel and left it to the shittiest beaner in Hollywood just so he could shit out 3 more sequels to his giant smurfs in space soap opera because he desperately wants to be George Lucas 2.0

>Isn't this LITERALLY what happened in Terminator Genisys? What, are we going to pretend that garbage didn't happen now?
Absolutely. That shit was embarrassing.

Maybe it would've been better had they not cast TV stars and other actors that didn't gel with their characters, or wrote it so that all the questions would be answered in an aborted sequel.

This guy wanted Terminator to be his MCU. That's what killed Genisys before it was born.

His friends were working on Genosys. Of course he was gonna be nice about it.

Let the franchise die! There is nothing left you can do with this franchise!

kek

>There is nothing left you can do with this franchise!

>Terminator: a woman is chased by a robot from the future
>Terminator 2: We must stop the future war
>Terminator 3: The future war begins today
>Terminator 4: two hours of the future war
>Genisys: The old timeline that the franchise revolved around no longer exists, the AI is called Genisys and it isn't trying to destroy humanity.

>Terminator
>Arnie turned it down because he's now doing some reality TV show
This might be good.

Did Cameron watched MovieBlob Terminator Jock vid?

Is that why he rushed to produce this?

Cameron is so full of shit it hurts. you cannot take anything he ever says seriously anymore.

Daily reminder that no Terminator film after T2 is cannon.

All I want is a 'single' future war film with fucking laser guns, Hunter seekers, killer robots, and sickly looking rebel fighters directed by Cameron. If I can't have that then I would rather the franchise just stayed dead.

>it's a james cameron produces something episode

>And according to Cameron, everything after Terminator 2 hasn't happened
PLEASE BE TRUE

>I'll be more hype when I know who's writing the screenplay.
He's begging Gale Hurd for forgiveness

it makes sense for this franchise since the creator is coming back on board to get the series back on track. i'd feel the same way if cameron wasn't involved though

James "Genisys revigorated the franchise" Cameron ?

>he's only producing

Cameron is an insanely brilliant control freak. Him producing is a good thing -- he'll make the writer and director do this right.

James "I Got Paid Avatar Bucks to Shill an Old Franchise My Friends are Doing and I Had No Creative Control Over" Cameron

>>And according to Cameron, everything after Terminator 2 hasn't happened.

I wish that Hollywood would find some new big muscle meat-head with an accent to replace Arnold and Stalone to star in some big action movies and be funny without being annoying.

Please bring him back. It wouldn't be a proper sendoff or a good Terminator without his music.

I've always said The Rock would've made a great Terminator, bur I'm not sure I'd want him for the finale.

So there will be at least four different continuities that branch off after the second movie. Great.

I still say Terminator 3 was good.

But will HE be back?

It was better than what came after by a margin, but still a rehash.

Wat

Link whatever video you're talking about.

HYPE HYPE HYPE

Reminder to go see this when it comes to theatres.

Like him?

youtube.com/watch?v=ENSdhADvYIM

No US release yet but the world premiere is this February: hollywoodreporter.com/news/berlin-festival-adds-digitally-restored-terminator-2-annie-hall-965897

>Isn't this LITERALLY what happened in Terminator Genisys?

No. In Genisys NO other Terminator film existed. It was techincally a fresh start/new timeline shit.

What Cameron is doing is making a direct follow up to T2 so it'll be a three-film closed loop.

I still liked T3 though tbqh

Last time he did that. Rambo 2 became an action classic.

T3 isnt all bad, I like the big chase with the remote controlled cars, some of the "machine humor" is handled well (and most of it is awful but what can you do ?), the end isnt bad either.

Agreed, for me it just felt like the natural end to a story even if it is inferior to the first two.

I fucken like that

T3 is the HIV-infected needle that gave the franchise AIDS.

It completely lacked any depth whatsoever. It shit over the entire point of the first two films. It was silly, camp and lacked any cinematic cohesion with the first two films. It was like an adopted foreign child that was raised as part of a family but just looked completely different to its parents.

It is the literal money-grabbing reason that paved the way for Salvation, the gay TV show and Genysis to be made.

I recommend reading this:
jamescamerononline.com/T2Complexity.htm

It illistrates why Cameron can make a blockbuster film that has lasting legacy.

>T3 isnt all bad

You have to be fucking joking? It stands out like a sore thumb after T1 and 2. Just doesn't fit in at all with the lighting, music, plot, pace, cinematography, fucking anything

Is he going to use the original script?

He crossing it with Avatar

he did screenplay. not producer
he also produced some weak films

Robocop > T1 > T2 > POWER GAP > T3 > dog shit > Salvation

Haven't seen Gynisis or however the fuck you spell it.

Robocop?

>Robocop
It's worse than salvation

FUCK I meant to reply to

Oh shit, I better hurry up for EASY MONEY!

>The hero, Kyle Reese, was able to dispatch the first- essentially the T-800 model - at about the midpoint of the story. Then the future enemy reluctantly sent the second killer. This was the Terminator even the bad guys feared to deploy, because of its power and potential effect on history's timeline. It was a tenacious liquid metal robot

holy shit. i they could do the t1000 effects back then, can you image how huge this movie would be?

seeing the t800 skelet for the first time, rising from the flames, then fucking fuck what is this
fucking liquid t1000

Yes this, future war, mission to "smash the defense grid", infiltrate skynet hq, ends with reese going through the first time portal. END SERIES

>cant just leave it alone
>arnies acting will be stiffer than ever

JUST

Why didn't this fucker think 'I should keep fit, maintain a decent look (have a shave, cut my fucking hair) and maybe one day I might be able to play John Connor again?'

I guess he's just a terrible actor and he knows it.

>new terminator movie starts
>muffled YOU'VE GOT ME BURNIN YOU'VE GOT ME BURNIN
>*click* as protagonist turns radio off

>side kick is related to one of the cops from that police station
little details like that would be great

>It's worse than salvation
Ok.

Will Cameron make the perfect trilogy?

SAVE US BASED JIM!

They have tried to make Terminator 3 3 times.

>youtube.com/watch?v=EEJMDet82Hk
Its pretty sad.

I hope so, I'd really like Alita to be good, Robert Rodriguez has it in him

Cameron liked that shitty Genisys movie. Salvation was decent, and he hated it.

Fuck him.

>mfw T2:3D will not be released in my third world shithole

jdimsa

Remember when Cameron was supposed to make his trilogy of Avatar sequels this decade before getting the Terminator rights back and fixing that franchise?
Well, about that...

>youtube.com/watch?v=EEJMDet82Hk

I think I'm okay with this, but not sure.

It would be satisfying if it somehow closed a loop. So the story of all 3 doesn't branch out

what is your favorite music from the series?

ending music in T1
escape from galleria T2

a tie between Tunnel Chase and the tech noir escape music in T1

escape from galleria and desert suite in T2

brad fiedel = GOAT

And according to me, everything after Terminator 1 hasn't happened.

>James Cameron: I'm not involved in T3. When I was in post on Titanic, I was approached on that. I said, "I'm just not that ... Ahhh, I mean, I told the story." I mean, the reason here to make the film is to cash in on the success of the franchise. I think films should be made from an organic place of 'I have a specific story to tell now I'm gonna figure out who's ready to pay for that.' It was 18 times harder to get the money to make Titanic than it ever would have been to make another Terminator film because that was a proven commodity, but I was much more interested in Titanic and I think that's the way films should be made.

>William Wisher (the uncredited The Terminator co-writer and the co-writer of Terminator 2: Judgment Day): We've finished the story and as far as I'm concerned it should stay finished. Everything we had to say about the Terminator has been said. One of the things Jim and I talked a lot about was whether there should be another followup. And we made our decision in the way we wrote Terminator 2. There are no backdoors in this film. We wrote this movie so that the fat lady sings. (Fangoria 1991)

You mean the police station escape music.

desu T2 wasn't even supposed to 'happen', Cameron had to come with a retcon - the bit where both Kyle Reese and the reprogrammed T800 were sent back before they nuked the time machine (which wasn't filmed because of budget constraints afaik, but it's on one of the script)

based as fuck. When Arnie comes out of the police cruiser and the synth bass starts to kick in, it still gives me chills

>The whole liquid metal guy was actually part of the original story. The whole first film was really the first act and a half of my original conception of the story. And the second film, although greatly elaborated, was the second half of the original story. Quite frankly starting with a shoe string budget and state of the art effects of the time, I couldn't figure out how to do it. So eventually we said we're just gonna have to streamline this and simplify it, and I wrote a more tore, linear, simple version of it. I thought of it as kind of a down and dirty cheap-o version of the story. And so then when it came time to do Terminator 2 (...) I said we gotta do 'this' story, and they said you do whatever story you want. It was nice, they didn't have a story, they didn't care, they said 'look, you came up with this stuff, you just figure it out

T2 is a soft reboot like Evil Dead 2.

That bottom one can not be real. It looks like a fucking Snapchat filter.

thanks user, didn't knew about this tidbit

>yfw 1984 B-movie budget effects completely destroy Genisys' meme-tier cgi

I wasn't even alive in 1984

>It is the literal money-grabbing reason that paved the way for Salvation, the gay TV show and Genysis to be made.

Sarah Connor Chronicles came out before T3 m8

lol

TSCC was released in 2008 afaik, T3 came out in 2003

>It was silly, camp and lacked any cinematic cohesion with the first two films.

Eh, that's only true up to the graveyard scene. After that it's certainly not as great as T1/T2 but it's good and miles better than Salvation and Genisys

>the gay TV show

DELET THIS

Another inferior sequel

Nah I actually liked Slavation