Whole planet faces adversity in movie

>whole planet faces adversity in movie
>the UN is suddenly relevant

Other urls found in this thread:

hyperhistory.com/online_n2/civil_n2/histscript6_n2/un1.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This

>the UN doesn't help hundreds of thousands of people (UNHCR) and children (UNICEF) or protect thousands of heritage sites throughout the WORLD (UNESCO)

Leave it to cucked Americans to judge an organization by its military power. Stay ignorant, bitches.

>green eyeballs

>the UN staff don't abuse hundreds of thousands children (UNICEF) and argue ineffectually among themselves while ISIS or the taliban blow up heritage sites throughout the WORLD

You are fucking delusional.
The UN's greatest accomplishment is regulation of international postage and air traffic. That's what they are useful for.

You're a fucking idiot who learned everything they know on the internet.

>regulation of international postage and air traffic

holy shit. better use them to secure humanity's future,

>providing a forum for international dialogue & cooperation where disputes can be resolved diplomatically is 'irrelevant'

WW1 would have never happened if a UN type organization existed at the time.

>watch movie
>it ends well

lawl

This is more of an anime thing
Just like WW2, Korea, Vietnam, a shitload of civil wars, and Iraq were prevented by their arbitration

You guys don't understand the purpose of the UN. They organize diners. Food parties. Let them fucking do what they want, they're not hurting anyone by meeting up and sharing a steak.

You still need to pay for their lifestyle. Not any worse than welfare leeches but these are expensive ones.

>this guy

The UN simply makes it easier for shit to go wrong as they show up after all the atrocities are finished and they try to make everything look as humane as possible. Someone will drop a MOAB bomb all over your family and the UN will show up later to give you blankets and canned food.

My favorite part of the UN system is the security counsel veto, what a fucking shit idea

>Leave it to cucked Americans to judge an organization by its military power.

You mean the only kind of power that matters in a conflict?

The UN's greatest achievement in the past 12 months was promoting fucking Wonder Woman to the position of ambassador, then removing her because her breasts triggered liberal women.

>WW1 would have never happened if a UN type organization existed at the time.

Yeah, just like the UN prevented the Second Sino-Japanese War, WWII, The Korean War, The Cuban Missile Crisis, the Vietnam War, etc.

yeah dude the league of nations totally prevented ww2
oh wait

Hehe retards will fall for this b8

>morgan freeman as kofi annan

>comparing regional flare-ups to a world war
>comparing the League of Nations to the UN
When's the last time you've read a book on international relations?

insteadof assuming thzt thr un woul have prevented WWs, why don't you tell us what wars did the UN actually prevent?

Oh, that's right, none.

WW3

Is that why they have a shit idea like vetos which means even if every other country on the security counsel wants to stop one of the others they literally can't?

lel

I won't see about that, but maybe you will.

>shit idea
>literally the only incentive for adversarial powers like the USSR & US to sit together on the same council and have a diplomatic channel open to each other

If there was no Veto power then the USSR would have just dropped out of the UN entirely making it into a League of Nations 2.0 because there's no chance that they'd suffer the indignity of having France, UK, & US impose policy on their nation through the UN.

And what exactly was the difference? I'd like to remind you that if the USSR weren't being retarded and skipping meetings all of Korea would be communist

You have much to learn my son.

>comparing regional flare-ups to a world war

>WWI was not a World War

>what's the difference between a defunct project that broke down after 15 years & its successor that's existed for over 70
what are you trying to say?

The only reason it's existed that long is because of MAD making a total war unpalatable, everyone just fights proxy wars instead and the UN can't even control that bullshit because some cunt just vetoes the sanctions. It's a paper tiger only good for introducing legislation no one has to listen to anyway

Oh I see. You think if the UN isn't passing resolutions that means it's 'useless', as if providing a place for international dialogue is 'worthless' if they don't sign a bill.

It is worthless when 90% of that international dialogue takes place outside the UN, most international issues are actually resolvied bilaterally by respective HoS/HoG or their foreign ministries, not their UN ambassadors

funny anecdote: when I was in highschool there was this Mini UN thing where top students from top highschools would meet up and have a UN like week. Since I was deluded and thought the UN was something relevant at the time I decided to join. I wanted to work on a resolution regarding the right to access technology/internet, so I started researching what had been done by the UN on that matter.

In like 15 years and millions of dollars spent they
a) invented a word (simputer, a simple and cheap computer)
b) installed a parc of 12 computers in tanzania

I could not fucking beleive it but it was true. They had had 6 international meetings that cost millions with so many experts and shit and this is all that they did in reality.

After I realized this, I refused to participate in the thing. My friends who did told me that they would spend entire days on wether or not a certain tortoise was deserving of endengered status or not.

the UN is the combined humor power of humanity, it's our one global joke. Perfectly politcally correct, doens't offend anyone, but is nevertheless so cruel. UN is the organization of the master trolls of the planet.

>The UN's greatest achievement in the past 12 months was promoting fucking Wonder Woman to the position of ambassador, then removing her because her breasts triggered liberal women.

wew

>UN agencies have worked to makesafe drinking wateravailable to1.3 billion peoplein rural areas during the last decade.

>A 13-year effort by the World Health Organization resulted in the completeeradication of smallpoxfrom the planet in 1980. The eradication has saved an estimated $1 billion a year in vaccination and monitoring.

hyperhistory.com/online_n2/civil_n2/histscript6_n2/un1.html

Even if eradication of small pox and bringing clean drinking water to 1.3B people was the only achievement of the UN, ever, it would have been a worthwhile organization.

>UN scene
>bunch of white people in suits and one guy wearing an Arab turban

ITT: uneducated Americucks

You can't convince Americans, they're always right. They'll be screaming 'USA! USA! USA!' as their economy collapses.

You mean that an organization created as an apparatus to extend US power & values on the rest of the world while disguising it behind a veil of 'internationalism' is viewed with suspicion by other parts of the world?

Where's your country on this chart?

>do you kids want to be like the real UN? or do you just want to squabble and waste time?

>Someone will drop a MOAB bomb all over your family and the UN will show up later to give you blankets and canned food.

jej

accurate though

>implying wars that never happened can be named
come back when you've finished middle school

Aaaaaaahhhhhhh help us America

Some retard will claim East Timor, even though the UN only turned up after the ethnic cleansing had started and legally can't stop it unless fired upon, as usual

a conflict has a name before it turns into a full scale war/genocide. What conflict did the un ever put an end to?

retard

>It's another young people act like some ignorant old fart down at the pub episode

Boy am I getting tired of this

What conflict did it ever prevent? Oh wait you don't know because they didn't happen

eat fish and fruits

>Americans refuse to be a part of any organization that encroaches even a tiny iota on their national sovereignty
>accuse the UN of being useless but they were the ones who made sure it wasn't vested with any real power

>put saudia arabia in charge of human rights.

Never fucking change UN.

>Sup Forums pretends they can into geopolitics

>Alien spacecraft descends over London
>Aliens are met by Pajeet and Darshit who try and communicate through curry dishes and Kabaddi
Brexit didn't happen soon enough.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

same with britain and the EU

Britain refused to join the common market for decades though

I live in Norway.

I am glad other Anons share the same opinion. Feels good to be part of a community of equally cynical fuck ups.

YES

NETHERLANDS MADE THE LIST

ur a retard
the UN exports rapists & theieves all around the world, doing non-stop evil stuff

>New World Order has taken over
>Americans use the metric system

>Implying they wouldn't use the American metric system
They can't even use Imperial properly

>Dystopian / NWO setting
>Anarcho capitalist society

not really, since the alternative to the veto is a nuclear weapons exchange

Man that league of nations was so useful for preventing ww2

No it isn't you fucking mong, no one benefits from that and the UN couldn't do fuck all about it anyway

>comparing LoN with the UN
retard alert. There's a reason why the League fell apart in 20 years and the UN is going on 80.

Take a guess why pea-brain.

Because nuclear weapons exist preventing another total war on the scale of the world wars?

Enjoy it while it lasts

>Nuclear weapons are the reason why the great powers of the world haven't dropped out of the UN like Japan & later Germany did to the league in the 1930s.

I encourage you to keep posting so everyone can get a good look at your ignorance. It's obvious you've never read a single nonfiction book about geopolitics so hearing your opinions is a laugh.

The reason they don't drop out is so they can fuck with the veto system to protect their own interests and instigate coups

Go on

Dafuq does this even mean

actually they wanted to get far earlier but De Gaulle cockblocked them by sitting out of relevant EU state leaders meetings

This is pretty much what's happening with the EU, not only Britain but all the nationalist parties all over Europe.

Those are not good things. Make africa have safer population explosions just increases net suffering.

Yeah, because he was sure they would use that seat to boycott everything from the inside. Guess he was right

>helping people is bad
Conservative ethics everybody

Saudi Arabia is the head of the UN's human rights council

Fuck off Bono

UN have budget smaller than Hon-Kong fire department
This guys do good job tbqh

Like father like son

Has Australia fucked up any multinational organizations?

Good riddance

>no one would benefit from that

Do you realize what kind of idealogical retards we are dealing with when it comes to the jews and the mudslimes? Those faggots are ready to wipe each other off the face of the map at any given time. Just look at the pat 30 years. They don't care about what "benefits" anyone, because each of their goals is to get to heaven any way.

We aren't relevant enough, we had our chance when Kevin ran for secretary general but he lost

Did you ever stop and think it's mostly bluster and typical sabre rattling? Iran and Israel are in a symbiotic relationship on needing the other to exist to maintain their own internal status quo. India and Pakistan are the bigger worry

if it was saber rattling they wouldn't be attacking each other on a daily basis. And don't be fooled, if we sit back and allow Israel to annex the west bank(which clearly seems to be netenyahoo's MO) there will certainly be some immediate hell to pay. This back and forth has been going on for easily 15 years, and all it's going to take is one incident to really set the other one off. I aggree though, india/pakistan is quickly becoming just as volatile in regards to that as well. Especially with Chyna getting involed.

>leave the UN to me

>was promoting fucking Wonder Woman to the position of ambassador, then removing her because her breasts triggered liberal women.

What?

OIL FUND
I
L

F
U
N
D

Norway can stop drilling today and nothing would change

They made wonder woman the symbol of women or some shit and then all the hambeasts cried about it, typical UN shit

linda carter looked too stacked next to the kike skeleton

I thought you were talking about Emma Watson

>White Supremacists want to sterilize non-Whites
>"How horrible, you want to violate basic human rights!"

>UN wants to sterilize non-Whites
>"Thank you, UN, for leading us toward a sustainable human population."

We always make the list, we're always ranked in the top 10 of best anything.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"ARGHHH, I AM NOT AS HEALTHY, FIT, AND SEXY AS WONDER WOMAN THEREFORE WONDER WOMAN IS NOT A SYMBOL OF WOMEN"

HAHAHAHHAHAHA

When did this happen? Or are you being factitious and talking about birth control?

UN would never say such thing. Hell, they can't even mention birth control without having to explain that they're not Lucifer's minions