This sucks

This sucks.

Attached: BFCCF5FA-233B-4852-A3F1-B77CC10C6234.jpg (1500x1500, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n9gN_Krim7M
youtube.com/watch?v=tyPYNUBeuhU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

right

sonic youth is overrated

as your mom suck my dong kid

Sonic Yourh is noise rock for normies

I think you're supposed to hear it as a teenager (it was on MTV after all).

I never did and first heard them after I already knew VU, Glenn Branca, Sonny Sharrock, Zorn, etc. and I never gave a shit about them.

>VU, Glenn Branca, Sonny Sharrock, Zorn

the list goes on...

the last rock masterpiece

nothing has come out after that's even close

The Monitor

Attached: 1501051285815.jpg (480x562, 225K)

soyboy punk

Listen to it louder

Calling Daydream Nation noise rock is misleading, it's alt rock for patricians

Uninronically kill yourself

Yeah I've always found Sonic Youth boring as hell. Don't know how they got labeled noise rock when it's just generic alternative.

lol
>I heard VU after I'd already heard Monks so I never gave a shit about them
>I heard Glenn Branca after I'd already heard Rhys Chatham so I never gave a shit about him
>I heard Sonny Sharrock after I'd already heard Ornette Coleman so I never gate a shit about him
And so on and so on

>generic
Elaborate?

I wasn't arguing against artists taking influence. The point is your examples are all artists who took influence from artists and went in another direction. The other direction that SY went in is applying those influences to generic indie rock and putting in on MTV for people who like Nirvana.

See

In other words you’re confused as to what “generic” means

I know it's a buzzword for simpletons who want to criticise music they dislike but lack the technical knowledge to do so.

One of those bands I've tried to get into, and while I respect them as musicians, I've only ended up liking a handful of songs.

Pixies were always the superior band.

Doesn't have anything to make it stand out to be heralded as a grail to me. Post-Evol SY isn't anything special or interesting to me. Hell even their earlier stuff isn't as good as lot of their fellow noisy NY acts.

Your mom gay

Literally just listen to it again m8. Daydream Nation stands head and shoulders above any alt rock released before or since. There's nothing else I've heard in that genre that has SY's distinctive blend of modal jazz harmonies, polyphonic guitar textures, minimalist improvisatory songwriting ethos and such a colourful timbrel palette. I can understand someone not liking it but calling it generic is simply incorrect.

Listen to their first albums then you will know pleb

youtube.com/watch?v=n9gN_Krim7M
t b h I lost most of my respect for SY after watching this

Already addressed that dingus.

>Post-Evol SY isn't anything special or interesting to me. Hell even their earlier stuff isn't as good as lot of their fellow noisy NY acts.

It's just no wave a few years after no wave died.

Nardwuar's questions were utter garbage. He deserved it.

Daydream Nation is literally their only good album

this sucked when I listened to it as a teen and it still sucks now
>inb4 iisten to it louder mem

EVOL's definitely their best because it tempers their No Wave stuff with a bit of songwriting, the perfect in-between.

You were a pleb as a teenager and you're a pleb now. Congrats.

What No Wave sounds anything like Bad Moon Rising?

>Bad Moon Rising

It has obvious no wave influences though? FFS even Lydia Lunch is on it. I'm sure it doesn't help that the producer worked on a lot of no wave albums as well. Early Sonic Youth is no wave imo, they just missed the bus by a couple years.

Trying to tell me they don't sound anything like Mars? youtube.com/watch?v=tyPYNUBeuhU

Nope. Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Siamese Dream and In Utero came out long after, and Unwound's Leaves Turn Inside You and Fugazi's The Argument came out in the beginning of the 2000s. And anyway, pic related is the last true Punk masterpiece and the logical conclusion to Punk Rock.

Attached: 2acac86ad06942b7c0cbbfd59a6b48d9.1000x1000x1.jpg (1000x1000, 77K)

who cares it's about the album

fuck off faggot

I didn't say it wasn't No Wave influenced but they definitely have their own unique sound. I can see the resemblance to that Mars song you linked but even on Confusion Is Sex which probably their most stereotypically No Wave LP SY has a completely distinct guitar sound that comes from their use of feedback loops, prepared guitar etc. Other No Wave bands I've heard are usually just playing their instruments in a really dissonant and chaotic manner whereas SY seemed to be trying to methodically reinvent what standard rock instrumentation was capable of. Only Branca and Arto Lindsay really came close in this respect.

BMR is even more unlike their contemporaries in that it's practically a proto-post-rock album, moving further away from noisy punk rock and into creating lush, hypnotic textural tracks through use of the extended techniques I mentioned earlier.

thats what i thought when i heard it the first couple of times, it'll grow on you soon