ITT: Convince me that my rights to buy products from overseas should be trampled on

ITT: Convince me that my rights to buy products from overseas should be trampled on.

Also as a pro-tip you all sound utterly retarded when you use buzzwords like "globalists."

Other urls found in this thread:

politifact.com/global-news/statements/2016/apr/12/bernie-s/sanders-right-migrant-laborers-malaysia-are-forced/
csmonitor.com/USA/Foreign-Policy/2015/0713/Has-US-desire-for-Asia-trade-deal-trumped-slavery-with-Malaysia-s-ranking
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Getting rid of globalism doesn't mean you can't have trade.

OK, but Trump and his voters are generally anti-FT and like to use meme terms like "globalists" to dismiss people instead of engaging their arguments. it's honestly similar to how SJWs use "racist' to discount anyone who disagrees with them.

You have to convince yourself that short selling your country is worth it. Also, be careful when you buy shit with made in 'murrica labels. Some of that shit could be from American provinces like Puerto Rico

Why should I be legally forced to pay more to prop up a failing industry who can't survive its own?

Who is she?

>who is she?

She'd look great with my cock in her mouth

>she
m8...

Why should you be allowed to buy things made by slaves? Is it fair to expect people in your own country to compete with slaves for jobs?

you're paying more because of greed, not because it actually costs more to produce.

what, you think a ceo making 1000x more than the lowest employee is right? even legal?

cheap foreign labor, H1B pooinloo wagecucks and greedy corporations who jew their way out of taxes are why our economy suffers.

Who's saying anything about slaves?

>you're paying more because of greed, not because it actually costs more to produce.
I'm not speculating about the personalities behind corporations, but this is not an argument for why the government should intervene to stop me from buying a product.

>what, you think a ceo making 1000x more than the lowest employee is right? even legal?
What does this have to do with the discussion? Besides, you sound like a Bernie voter. I'm sorry a CEO who has to run a company doesn't get paid the same as someone assembling widgets all day.

>cheap foreign labor, H1B pooinloo wagecucks and greedy corporations who jew their way out of taxes are why our economy suffers.

Source? Pretty sure free trade improves the economy, particularly for the poor and middle class, since inelastic goods like clothes are cheaper.

You can buy the product by paying the extra price for the tariff. This extra price is justifiable because it increases the demand for labor in your home country, thereby improving employment prospects for your fellow citizens, especially those without specialized skills. You are compelled to accept these reasons because of the inherent social contract between all people within a nation. Go ahead and deny that this contract exists, you'll just prove that your a naive, selfish child.

>asking for a source while shitposting on the internet

lad...

>ceo who 'runs the company'

the difficulty of which is speculative at best.

or do you really believe a ceo does all the heavy lifting in the company? that's bullshit and we both know it.

>thinks globalist is some fancy new buzzword

If this moron is any proof, we're fucking doomed.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>ITT: Convince me that my rights to buy products from overseas should be trampled on.
what conscript actually says you have the right to buy foreign products specifically?

>who said anything about slaves

fucking wow, how new are you to this planet?

entire economies are built up, from the ground up, based on free or cheap labor.

the fucking south is a perfect example, ignoring all the racist and muh freedumbs for duh slaves bullshit, the south was incredibly wealthy due to the free labor slaves provided.

Feel free to point out where it says you can buy stuff from overseas in the Constitution?

fug tell me that isn't a dude...mate...

You've just rephrased by question and answered it with itself. I know it props up failing industries when the government forces me to buy from them or pay extra money, but why am I obligated to prop them up?
"Social contract" is really being used to justify anything these days. You just said "you agreed to an invisible contract before you were born that includes anything I want you to do and which you cannot read" to attempt to justify it, and then called me a selfish child. That's not a good argument, and it can basically be applied to anything you want anyone to do.

>making claims with nothing to back them up

pal...

I'm not going to get roped into an argument about how much pay CEOs deserve since that's not really the topic of discussion and I'm going to be arguing with five people at once anyway so I don't want to get into any off-topic arguments.

deal w/ it

That is not how the dialectical burden goes You shouldn't start arguments like "prove the government shouldn't take this right away from you." Rather, the onus is on you to prove why it's necessary to preserve the freedom of others. The default is freedom.

Slaves are not equivalent to cheap labor...

>10% of the population in the south owned slaves
>WHOLE ECONOMY IS SLAVE BASED

Dipshit

>Who's saying anything about slaves?
Anyone against globalism understands that the people working in the factories overseas make a pittance compared to what they would make if they manufactured the product in the country it was sold in.

politifact.com/global-news/statements/2016/apr/12/bernie-s/sanders-right-migrant-laborers-malaysia-are-forced/

> globalists
> buzzword

It's like Nationalist but Globalist, it's not hard to understand Merifat.

I DONT KNOW

That's not the same as slaves. And yes, people overseas have worse working conditions. It's better than not having jobs at all because the government comes in and make me buy domestic. Plus, FTAs including the much-maligned TPP often have clauses that require member countries to improve working conditions. There's nothing about free trade that necessarily means you have to deal with slave labor.

>my rights to buy products from overseas
that us not what a "right" is, you gaywad.

>slaves are not equiv to cheap labor

They are, actually. Fundamentally there is no difference, in fact keeping slaves is probably a higher maintenance cost than paying a few roaches to make your clothing line.

>muh 10%
>entire economy is built on the slave work of those elite 10% slaveowners

Look redneck, I know you want to protect your culture bullshit, but you were used as a dumb fucking tool by your intellectually superiors.

Southern soldiers died to protect the wealth income and means of production, which cost them next to nothing because they had niggers doing all the work.

Who wouldn't send a bunch of dumb white kids off to their early deaths for that kind of setup?

>globalist
>buzzword
You should try to actually learn what words mean.
It makes you look stupid when you don't.

>why am I obligated to prop them up?
There is no bulletproof deterministic answer. Those don't exist for moral questions. However, I would argue that an internal sense of loyalty to your countrymen would compel you to do so. You can then say that you do not have this sense of loyalty. But this would simply prove, in my eyes, that you are a being of low moral, and empathetic standards.

>Clauses to improve working conditions
Except for when it's politically convenient.
csmonitor.com/USA/Foreign-Policy/2015/0713/Has-US-desire-for-Asia-trade-deal-trumped-slavery-with-Malaysia-s-ranking

don't worry he just wants to control the conversation to fit within his own pre-conceived worldview.

globalism is a legitimate label

>They are, actually. Fundamentally there is no difference, in fact keeping slaves is probably a higher maintenance cost than paying a few roaches to make your clothing line.
slave - n - a person who is the legal property of another and is forced to obey them.

>There is no bulletproof deterministic answer. Those don't exist for moral questions. However, I would argue that an internal sense of loyalty to your countrymen would compel you to do so. You can then say that you do not have this sense of loyalty. But this would simply prove, in my eyes, that you are a being of low moral, and empathetic standards.

And I can say the same thing for you, since you clearly have no concern for poor people in our country who have more expensive necessities because you insist on propping up failing industries so people aren't forced to *gasp* learn a skill

Good thing I said they don't "necessarily" mean slave labor and I didn't say "no trade deal EVER has ANY facets that are questionable w.r.t. slave labor."

Meant to quote

Bump

Where's OP? I have better points than the tinfoil hatter bandwagoners.

Right here famalam

>Convince me that my rights to buy products from overseas
Who gave you this right? Where did you read this was a guaranteed right of life?

Is that Canadas new flag on the left?

Back to your containment board

see section beginning with "that is not how" here:

No one's saying you can't buy your dragon dildos online

1. Strawman.
2. Being anti-globalist doesn't mean you're anti-free trade, fucking retard.
3. Globalism isn't a buzzword. It's a real political theory, fucktard.

Please keep posting on pol, this is perfect controlled opposition to allow easy rebuttals to shitty arguments. Makes us look good :)