What kinds of music do smart people listen to (albums, genres, &c)...

What kinds of music do smart people listen to (albums, genres, &c)? Can smart people more easily enjoy/produce good music?

Attached: IMG_1934.png (640x480, 222K)

Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Tool, the list goes on...

Every intelligent person I've ever met either listened to top 40 music exclusively or guitar wank a la Steve Vai

lol u dont know smart people

To be fair, you have to have a very IQ to understand Radiohead....

Attached: 1520579151343.jpg (500x376, 34K)

indeed

Animal Collective, Aphex Twin, Burial, Boards of Canada, Bjork, Neutral Milk Hotel

you might not be intelligent enough to understand these though. Its alright ;)

That fellow whom I believe goes by the pseudonym 6ix9ine seemed to cause quite a stir at my book club meeting last Tuesday

I'm clinically retarded and I find that I'm most interested in electroacoustic and gamelan. At large these genres are quite esoteric. It seems logical to conclude, then, that the smarter someone is, the further away they're going to move from these genres until the most intelligent people are the ones who listen to pop music
Either that or there's no correlation at all

I think only smart people who listen top 40 are smart Chads or normal people who are really good at math. Idk if this is true most of the time

keke

intelligence has less to do with it than social status/wealth and culture

Math rock.

I listen to bob seger

Every intellectual person I've met listens to nothing or entry level Sup Forumscore because they're too busy with their studies to get into music.

Every pseudointellectual I've met listens to prog-rock, classical, or IDM

Shut up

Experimental jazz, what a bunch of dumb fucks

Dub

There's no correlation between musical tastes and intelligence

sorry..

>including Pink Floyd in that list
top tier bait

I've got a friend of mine who has had 3 iq tests done (not by his choosing) and he's in the 140-145 are. He'd tell you Frank Ocean and Kanye are legitimately his favorite artists.

i have a PhD in mathematics and this is my chart so take from this what you will

Attached: chart.jpg (985x950, 561K)

So you think a phd means you're smart?

yes

p r o g r e s s i v e
. o
. c
. k

Well you're very unlikely to be a complete retard with a PhD. I think his taste is really boring though desu

This is several yrs old, from a US school I think. SAT scores vs. music taste. Lil Wayne and Beethoven are on opposite ends obv.

Forgot pic

Attached: image.png (800x2275, 346K)

>hip hop
>

Attached: brainlet2.png (645x729, 90K)