Was it better than 2001?

Was it better than 2001?

Attached: Today-in-Hip-Hop-History-Dr-Dres-The-Chronic-Was-Released-25-Years-Ago.jpg (600x600, 81K)

Never heard either of them, yet. Why are they hyped anyway?

The Chronic is like the cooler, older brother of 2001,

Yes

That is a great analogy

Chronic has the best songs, 2001 is more consistent overall

thanks

Obviously. 2001 was good, but it's not this good.

NOW I'M SMELLIN LIKE INDONESIA

exactly. Chronic has higher highs. 2001 just has more songs, many of which are good.

No, it's basically Pfunk rip offs and mindnumbing amounts of cringey misogyny, only to be rivaled by 2001.

Yeah I just picked it up and have only listened to it twice so far but that's kind of my impression of it

for hip hop producers, music production history lovers, and hip hop fans they are must listens.

From what I understand, there was hype around this once since Dre (and I think Snoop?) was in NWA, and then you got the whole Death Row thing. And then the album turned out to be really good and influential so hype from that, then 6 or 7 years later they drop 2001 with more people that Dre signed. Also turned out to be a groundbreaking album. I don't listen to much hip hop but I do really enjoy these 2 albums.

depends on your preference, I prefer Em's style to G funk so I naturally prefer 2001, but I see the value in The Chronic.

they're both great but for me 2001 is better

Attached: 51q5SICAN8L._SL1200_.jpg (1200x1200, 56K)

Didn't he finally release a third one? How did that record turn out?

The Chronic is one of the worst albums I've ever heard.

Oh shit apparently he did in 2015, Compton. I haven't listened to it yet

It's alright. I don't know if I like it production wise, on one end everything is mixed perfect and sounds pristine on the otherhand it's overly compressed and kinda lifeless. Lyrics are alright, but Dre necer had the best lyrics(even though this like a lot of his other stuff has a lot that was ghost written). Overall worth a listen but doesn't hold up to the hype.

2001 is way better overall. prolly the first burned cd i sold in class.

Snoop was never in NWA but other than that this is all basically right