What does Sup Forums think of the early 10s?

What does Sup Forums think of the early 10s?

Attached: IMG_2891.jpg (1920x1080, 168K)

Fuck em

i miss them, they were better times

Attached: king of the beach.jpg (1200x1200, 685K)

Music was worst...but it was happier and not so nostalgic, the mainstream artists were just having fun with what they were doing and not just fighting for which one realize the best record, i give a point for that

Hipsters > current SJWs / Soyboys / Feminists

Shit just like the current year music

SORRY FOR PARTY-ROCKIIIIIN

Lot's of fun music.

Bump

That little window where random circa-2008 MGMT ripoffs were getting top 40 one hit wonders was kinda cool. Foster the People, M83, Gotye, Fun., Phantogram, I preferred that stuff to trap rap or drake.

those bands were just as boring and formulaic as any other top 40

really not all that different from how things are now besides Drumpf tbqh. maybe I'm not the right person to ask though, I spent most of that time depressed and locked in a room

Early 2010s was objectively superior to late 2010s so far, including 2016

Sup Forums was also infinitely superior

Look up RYM & Metacritic

The albums were better back then, there's no disputing this

Indie music was a lot more exciting than this nigger bullshit we're being forced with now

was less bad in terms of politics but not music.

They were used in a formulaic way, but only after the fact. They weren't like amazing but they weren't in and of themselves as derivative as most pop

i feel like festival lineups were a lot better than they are now

Look up the top albums from 2010-2013

And compare them with 2016-2017+2018 so far

They were better back then.

It was also the last time Rock music was relevant, with indie rock

It's because rock is practically dead now a days.

We need a new Radiohead/Nirvana/Strokes/White Stripes

>witch house and chillwave were really cool
>odd future was also pretty cool
>i cannot understand why anybody fucking thought that wavves was gonna be mainstream
>90% of the depression this board about romantic un-fufillment comes from urban outfitters advertising

It sucked just as much as it sucks now. Anyone who doesn't think so is cherry picking.

I like you

Oversaturated by metalcore bands (all those X the Y bands) and dubstep, but there were a few diamonds in the rough (Gotye is the only thing that comes to mind immediately but there were definitely more).

Mainstream rap was definitely in a better place than it is now because everyone decided they wanted to be super-conscious after the Soulja Boy era. It's kind of gone full circle with the mumble rap craze but there is also a ton of good rap out there thanks to the rise of bandcamp and soundcloud (though it's also to blame for the rise of mumble rap). I look back at the early 10s with nostalgia, but I'm also glad music is where it is now.

thanks

deathcore honestly was pretty awesome if you were at the right age...i'm not ashamed of listening to emmure and carnifex while playing call of duty and drinking mt dew and eating doritos at all. too bad none of the fuckers could play their instruments

I was never super big on deathcore (except for Knights of the Abyss) but I got down with a few metalcore bands when it was popular. In 2010 I had just started college and was about 2 years into playing the guitar, so I was looking for any type of new guitar-centric music, which happened to be metalcore/post-hardcore since it was so popular. I was a huge Sleeping with Sirens and A Skylit Drive fan. "Wires...And The Concept of Breathing" is still one of my favorite albums to this day. But yeah, I have major nostalgia listened to SWS or any of the other big bands from that genre while walking around campus.

because fests are full of hip hop and pop acts. Rockbands are dying out

this album fucking sucks

Attached: 27752286_580200832316077_7047920067490356324_n.jpg (720x736, 30K)

i miss when this board liked urban outiffiters-core

Attached: thsrwtiuhg[snr-9084.jpg (600x600, 34K)

it felt like the dying days of indie being the "hipster" genre, because the so called "hipsters" all moved onto being #woke and being post-ironic poptimist and trap fans

meh, they're just fun to listen to. we know they aren't good

also things are objectively worse now because there isn't any well defined scene(s). vaporwave was the last pathetic attempt to make one, soundcloud rappers are the only thing that you can kind of build a lore around these days

Why did white men abandon rock music in favor of trap and pop?

In favor of black men and women, that is

It was a very awkward time

pitchfork did it and hipster urbanites follow pitchfork

Top album, but all the releases since this have been great too

Best shit about this time was what people now call "blog house" or eletro-house, fidget kind of stuff- that MSTKRFT esque sound