Did Palpatine throw the fight to trick Anakin, or did Mace Windu genuinely defeat him?

Did Palpatine throw the fight to trick Anakin, or did Mace Windu genuinely defeat him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=znGBU5oODz8&ab_channel=PlentyInteresante
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sheev was playing around

>hol up

Sheev had unlimited power, he was just waiting for Anakin to show up so that he could see it.

Sheev could not defeat Mace in a saber duel, which was okay because Anakin had to perceive Sheev as week and in immediate danger. Sheev knew how it was going down between the two and allowed it. It's a calculated risk. Nothing more.

Sheev was stronger in the force overall, but Windu was the better swordsman

My personal theory (and I'm no Sheevologist, merely an amateur Sheevstorian) is that Mace Windu beat Sheev in a legitimate duel: To be fair, however, there are other factors at work here. While Mace Windu only had to focus on defeating an opponent in battle, Sheev, at that time the sole conduit of ancient Sith power in the galaxy, had to use his subconscious to guide the ripples of the force into action all across the galaxy, using it to cloud the judgment of the Jedi who were being bamboozled and bushwhacked all across the galaxy so that they could not predict their own demise, and to (at least partially) mind-control Anakin into doing his bidding. The Sheev's lightsaber is his last resort: like his counterpart, Yoda, Sheev relied heavily on the Force to do his bidding, and knew that the Truest, most Advantageous HIGH GROUND was to be found through this indirect course of action rather than merely besting Mace Dindu in personal meleƩ.

I am, however, willing to hear and respect other Sheevspeculation on the matter.

Mace had him beat with the saber. Mace was so arrogant because of defeating Sheev with a SABER that he neglected to see his own Shatter Point. Had he paid attention to his own he would have immediately ran away in horror at facing the very personification of the dark side and Anakin.

>Did Palpatine throw the fight to trick Anakin, or did Mace Windu genuinely defeat him?

Windu beat him fairly. Though Sheev could've skipped a lightsaber fight and just killed them all where they stood with the Force. But, alas, the Dark Side can affect one's mindset to a degree and so Sheev got a big hit of arrogance and Dark Side autism. Basically thought he could take Windu with his hand behind his back, but got his ass kicked instead.

It was pure luck that Anakin showed up and Sheev just turned the situation to his advantage as he always does.

why was Sheev willing to risk his own life for a chance to turn anakin? my brother told me Palpatine did that because he was in love with Anakin. Is it true?

Are there ways to be a decent force user and not fall for Jedi/Sith autism? As I see it all these fancy force juggling is kinda space steroids which affect your brain and balls whatever side you choose.

Because he'd read the script.

I was genuinely obsessed with this question when this movie came out. Sometimes I still like to think Mace legit defeated him. He was one of my favorite characters because of the novel Matt Stover wrote about him.

Of course.

It was obvious what happened.

Sheev made short work of the three jedi masters that showed up with Windu, but then prolonged the duel since he needed Anakin to show up and turn.

So basically he toyed with Mace for a bit and when Anakin was nearby he feigned vulnerability and started cowering until Anakin was forced to intervene to save his life.

Likewise his disfigurement was just him dropping his facade and showing his true self, again using the circumstances of the situation as an excuse to finally flex his real nature.

Just look at situation right after the duel.
He literally groans/moans in pleasure that everything went according to plan then goes about his business with Order 66 like it was all by some schedule.

Go to bed, Sidious.

are you sure youre not a Sheevologist?

I would require much more objective knowledge of Glorious Leader Sheev, Master of the High Ground, He Who Cannot be Cleav'd, before I could assume such a title. All I have to offer on the subject is banter. There are some here who know much more, and can put him in context with Darth Plagueis, factoring in many new, breaking Sheevtheories. It's a relatively new field, and all still hotly controversial.

No.

Mace defeated him but Sheev saw his future in which Anakin saves him. It all happened as he foresaw.

My nigga. She cray cray.

he could have easily knocked dindus saber with the force lightning and then pull out a another saber from his sleeve

you people dont actually believe sudenly gained UNLIMITED POWER

Mace dindu

Canon states that Jedi's senses were clouded because after spending all their lives on a Dark Side fountain in Coruscant their senses were atrophied.

Sheev isn't a master in hidding his powers
Sheev isn't a master of fucking up Jedi abilities
Sheev only was very lucky and/or planed very well his rising to the throne of the galaxy

Sheev isn't even the most powerful Sith ever, just the smartest/luckest

Sheev had UNLIMITED POWER though

Holy shit is that you Colin?

youtube.com/watch?v=znGBU5oODz8&ab_channel=PlentyInteresante

We're just going to ignore that the actual reason is that Samuel L Jackson is a special snowflake (his lightsaber color was his idea) and wouldn't do the scene if he didn't defeat him in a fair fight?

isnt sheev the strongest force user? like he can create black holes and turn into a ghost and possess living people and stuff

Mace windu is extremely underrated.

He was just as powerful as Yoda if not better. It's completely understandable that he beat sheev fairly

That's not canon anymore, right now there's nothing that says Sheev is the strongest force user, just the most successful Sith due to planing, Jedi's mistakes and luck

>his lightsaber color was his idea

u sure bout that ?

WUZ

It saddens me that the house of shits and the gaggle of hens now has their hands on the greatest franchise in human history.

Well, my franchise will surpass them all of course but at the moment Star Wars was is shall forever more be the shittiest that was at one time the greatest.

Quickly rewatching the scene, I notice several things:

- Mace is able to disarm Palpatine, but at that precise moment Anakin enters the room
- Palpatine blasts Windu and appears to run out of juice, but having seen the movie we know Palpatine is faking it
- Windu is going to deal the killing blow because he thinks Palpatine can't defend himself anymore, but Anakin intervenes

Since Palpatine immediatly resumes his attack, we can assume that he could've countered Windu even if Anakin had done nothing. The point is he wanted Anakin to turn against Windu, so he pretended to be defeated.

he's more of a Sheevatronic Engineer

He was beaten with the saber but we both know Palpatine's power was limitless. He wasn't in the least bit exhausted. I think I remember reading that Palpatine could have battled for days without tiring. He doesn't sleep, that's how powerful the guy is, he's so potent with the dark side of the force that he literally just turns the dark side's tap on and it just flows through him. Yoda realizes this after he's defeated. When Palpatine leans back then forward with malicious intent. Yoda was literally freaked out and got the hell out of there.