Start watching this

>start watching this
>guy is sad after breaking up and he is in his kitchen breaking dinner plates
>gets consoled by some kid
seriously?

does this shit get any better?

if you've ever been in a relationship with a girl you felt strongly for only for her to not feel it back then the movie would resonate with you. If not then you wont understand it.

And if you say you get it because you've been in a relationship then you've never obsessed over a girl enough to understand.

>in his kitchen breaking dinner plates
bitchmade nigga

What the fuck? What kind of autist stops watching a movie to post on Sup Forums about it and will only continue the movie if some strangers tell him to?

so people actually break their own stuff when they get dumped?

i do

>all of a sudden the girl kisses him in the copy room
really?? why does this never happen to me?

Because you're not personable, and no one likes you.

This thread is probably the best one on Sup Forums right now.

hipster girls loved this for some reason
not sure if still true 8 years later

no this is a shit movie millenial women have memed into popularity.

turn it off now

use your time doing something else

some people do yes. why are you so shocked some people are less emotionally stable than others? Some people beat their significant others, some people cause a scene in public. people get emotional. I've never broken anything over a girl but i have become blinded by my obsession over someone and then moved on and got over it and then never acted that way again. love is a weird thing.

How about you finish the damned movie instead of posting on Sup Forums you pleb.
She did feel for the guy, it's just that the guy was romanticizing the relationship with the girl rather than actually experiencing a proper relationship with her. Since he didn't take the actual relationship seriously by fantasizing on what the relationship could've been, the girl left him.

>not sure if still true 8 years later
>8 years later

Honestly, he caused himself a lot of the suffering by not stating what he wanted from the get go. Just say you are looking for something serious and if she's not into that well then it's not gonna work.

>500 days inside Summer.

>breakup is affecting his work
>makes shit cards
>he's not fired

I like looking at Summer's character from the lens of Tom's, specifically how she seems so shallow and UN-written, which yeah, could just be shitty writing, but I always thought we were seeing summer through tom's eyes, and that he never really took the time to get to know her. he loved the idea of summer, not summer herself, and it shows in how little he realizes he actually knows about her. (movies she hates, friends she had that he'd never met, etc.)

It's a really good film about obsessing over somebody without actually treating them like a person.

also i know it's cliche but the "reality vs expectations" scene hits pretty hard

>never really took the time to get to know her
>asks about her exes
>talk about dreams
>she tells him things she has never told anyone before

Love is about being vulnerable to another and can often lead to crazy outbursts. It's simultaneously one of the best and worst things we do as a people... Most people come down on the "best" side. I'm sorry that you've never experienced it.

Eh, that's just how I've always watched the film. Always felt like Tom was more interested in talking about himself and the things HE'S passionate about.

film hits really close to home in a lot of areas. the stuff on the train where he thinks he's rekindling the relationship is heartbreaking.

>going out with girl
>She tells me she's a lot like summer
Should I just stop right now?

So you started watching a movie, then paused and made a thread about it on Sup Forums?

True.
I've sadly never been infatuated with any girl yet, so I'm always eager to be on these threads that I might savour up the things the anons that have known love once say! I don't know but it's very heart-warming to witness the more sane elements of this board tripping over themselves to defend love, and this movie's depiction for it.

You know what man, they really make sound wonderful. Really hope I'll be in love some day!

>pause
it's still playing

Get help

Summer was just a normal girl though. It was him that was a clingy, confrontational beta.

Every young male should be made to watch this film when they turn 16 years old.

It's a fantastic film.

But wouldn't you have had any romantic relationships yet by the age you're 16, w-wouldn't you?

N-nor would you when you're 21 w-would you? P-please?

people talk during movies and don't pay attention, why can't i browse Sup Forums?

Saying "I'm a lot like" means "I wish I was like" most of the time

Yeah, but you'll never understand this movie fully until you experience something similar. I saw it in 2012, liked it, but it really resonated with me when I saw it again in 2016

yeah a long time ago when my gf dumped me, i walked out of her site and smashed my backpack against a wall until i got tired. Everything inside it that wasn't paper was broken, including a pretty nice graphing calculator.

The stupidity of doing shit like that is really clear when you step back and look at it objectively, but for some people in the heat of the moment you just need to discharge your emotions somehow.

Hopefully you do it a couple of times are learn that it isn't helpful, and grow into controlling your emotions more effectively.

Some people just don't react like that, ever. We're all different I guess

No, it's an alright film, where most of the characters are unlikable, especially the protagonist.
You shouldn't let some hormonal teen watch that and say, "you should embody the message of the film!" because they will believe that the girl was a total bitch because they will not realize the whole movie was from the guys point of view which will show obvious bias to his side of things and take a complete opposite stance to what you're thinking they should behave like.

I only got it after breaking up with my long term gf.

Never had one since. Probably won't ever. But this movie resonates with me.

>pretty nice graphing calculator.
120€ ;-;

We're not saying you shouldn't be browsing Sup Forums, we're saying you shouldn't be browsing Sup Forums and making a thread talking about the film you're currently watching.
It's a huge sign that you're a disgusting pleb with an attention span of a fish and an IQ of an average child.

Nice blog, where can I subscribe?

>leading a guy on: the film
fuck summer

That's the whole point, it will prepare you from having your first and making fatal mistakes which waste years of your life, take money out of your pocket and give you awful views of relationships with women in future.

Pay more attention the first time (same thing happened with me too though).

>You shouldn't let some hormonal teen watch that and say, "you should embody the message of the film!"
Not all hypothetical 16 year olds will make this mistake, some of them will miss the point entirely sure, but if they get the message, it would be worth it.

>Guy so beta that he gets what's coming to him: the film
All he had to do was to tell her that he wanted something serious.

>tfw some kinos are off-limits if you've never had a female mate
Where to then to acquire a XX-chromosomed partner?

16 year olds shouldn't waste their time with this trash, if parents can't teach their kids how to act, they shouldn't rely on this film to take over parenting for them.

>the "reality vs expectations" scene hits pretty hard

It is a very very good scene. I think it works so well is because most of us have been in some sort of similar situation.

Use your imagination. That's how R9K can get their relationship greentext stories.

Also every 13 years old kid should see Breakfast Club

>Use your imagination.
Never been good at though that.

>/r9k/
Ah fuck that lot though for ruining should've been teenage years. I swear, you peer in for merely an instant to know why everyone on Sup Forums praises them from Hell and back, and before even you yourself know it, you're celebrating being pathetic, and wallowing in your own self-defeating ways if only to peak your sense of belongings with that bunch of virgins. Don't think I'll be sharing anything with them, even less so my stories.

>thinking parents can teach children about romance and love
It's a personal experience, it has to be self realised, it can be through observation.

This also.

And that observation can be seen through watching your parents.
If your parents have a healthy relationship what better source can you get than that?

Your parents are likely married and not entering a new relationship.

Sure you can learn some things, but not as much as you could get in the context of a young 16 year old male.

Love is hard to find, it takes work, patience, and most often the feelings are unreciprocated. But if you're really lucky you meet a person that just clicks with you and you click with them, the things you do are magical and all the world has meaning.

This desu

who was in the wrong?

>she seems so shallow and UN-written
So basically a woman?

When I was younger I would say Summer

Now I say the guy, he was obviously insecure about himself and didn't man up and just ask her to be in a relationship. You'd be surprised how freeing rejection can be.

it we put things on a scale Hothead loses by default, first for romanticizing his relationship, second idealizing Summer because she was not perfect at all, third manning up, he thinks going out, playing, having sex is a relationship, implying all this made them bf and gf.
As for Summer she might be have waited being asked if she wanna be his gf, she shut him at first saying she doesnt believe in love but kept the guy as his pet.

>a person that just clicks with you
I don't so much know about that. For me to be in complete compatibility with a girl, she'd have to hate chatting, revile having to be friends with anyone male that isn't me (really that's the length of t insecurity) and be unflinchingly indifferent that I can shut down for days over meaningless things. So as you can imagine, it's a fate I wouldn't even wish on my worst of enemies, and even less so on a girlfriend of mine.
Don't really know about being a love when that's all it implies.

You think you hate chatting because you haven't met her yet. You will love chatting with her

I guess one can only hope.
Thank you user I suppose.

women dont understand this movie lol