What's the deal with gay/trans artists and avant electronic music?

What's the deal with gay/trans artists and avant electronic music?

Attached: 1182339.jpg (954x613, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xVtuwxeqBYM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Arcs the GOAT

because they feel a need to prove themselves in a world where they are constantly discriminated against. the only way they can get some respect is to make something thats critically acclaimed. if they make bland pop and rock they general public will associate that sound with all trans people.

the gay club scenes have always had a better/fresher grasp of electronic music. at least they have for the past 25 years or so

also this

I think its more like this..

Trans people are already outsiders when it comes to mainstream society. I think there's a sense of non-conformity and boundary-pushing that comes with that identity.

I think it's easier for them perhaps to tap into that mind set when creating music.

I try to do the same thing and can only stay in that experimental, off the wall state of mind for so long before I lose interest and go back to making more basic shit.

just my thoughts.

nonqueers are scared to mess around with electronics cause it's "soy"

Attached: 1520896171774.jpg (600x600, 152K)

This. It's always been their scene

it's cuz they're all tweakers and avant electronic musique is the best to listen to when you are dancing for 3 days straight

Art has been gay as fuck for a long time, a very large number of the most important artists of the 20th century were queer.

ugh this meme again

SOPHIE is literally saving music as we speak

Attached: played like a juno.jpg (760x1090, 508K)

Literally the biggest hack in the music industry.

Because guitar music was always the straight white male's territory (except maybe for lesbian singer-songwriters) and is considered passe.

Danny is 100% latent dysphoric

>blocks your path
any other big bicep electronic artists like trent and klayton? Should switch up hobbies and take up lifting and electronic music.

Attached: klayton.jpg (620x300, 55K)

as a someone who makes music my most creative spells were when I was most physically fit

must be something to it

is this relevant?
youtu.be/xVtuwxeqBYM

I don't think you're entirely wrong. I mean, the stigmatization of being gay kind of predisposes young fags to move to the city and do drugs because their parents/community doesn't accept them. They go from Kansas to the Metro, snort some MDMA and presto! Trance beats all night.

I always really liked Hunx and his Punx's take on queer garage rock. Good example of flamboyantly gay indie rock music.

i don't even know what to say

you don't fucking get it

haha fuck yes, forgot about this masterpiece

Also,

CRAMPTOM IS COMING OUT WITH A NEW ALBUM AND IT'S GOING TO BE AOTY

>not one "soy" besides someone making fun of the term
>not one "cuck"
is Sup Forums the most mature board on Sup Forums?

Attached: 1499130722088.jpg (960x919, 81K)

lol no look at the rest of the board

we've been more mature

This, fugg the rest tho

hopefully there’s less singing on the next LP though I want that crazy shit