ITT: Good albums made completely unbearable by shit-tier vocals

ITT: Good albums made completely unbearable by shit-tier vocals

Attached: Tame_Impala_-_Currents.png (316x316, 297K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lhhlLd9Q9DU
youtube.com/watch?v=CXBiYFoHsOg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you first

It has the best lyrics out of all his albums though.

>Inb4 faggots who can't relate because they're eternal virgins

I didn't say lyrics, I said vocals. His fucking constant falsetto drowned in effects gets so annoying after like 2 tracks.

>inb4 LYNCHED

Attached: 220px-David_Lynch_-_The_Big_Dream.jpg (220x220, 17K)

>best lyrics
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
you gotta be 18 to post here you know

flower boy by tyler the creator

>T. never been in a relationship
I'm 21 besides bruv
Usually I lump them together, but fair enough.
I think it fits the music & lyrics well though, so to each their own.

Currents has the most cliche pandering to normie lyrics imaginable.

I can't imagine how fucking pleb you must be to think they're great. it's by far the worst aspect of the album

>generic trite lyrics about relationships (the most banal, easy thing to write music about) are automatically good and if you disagree it's just because you're le virgin
please shoot yourself

Awful band

They're by far the most relatable of all his lyrics. If you're not a fan of relatable lyrics, than fine, I accept you don't like the style.
All of my favorite albums (of which currents makes my top 5) have relatable lyrics to at least some degree.
It helped me get through some shit.
I tried that once. Didn't work because I forgot the safety was on.

>whether or not lyrics are relatable determines if they are good
imagine being this much of a pleb
>tripfag chimes in to contribute a worthless two-word reply
die

I couldn't find a picture that included their entire discography, so this will have to do. I love their stuff (Thieves Like Us is in my top 10 songs of all time) but I would be lying if I said I like Bernard Sumner's singing. RIP Ian Curtis :_;7

Attached: new-order-80s-music-album-covers-discography.jpg (800x534, 62K)

I don't even know where to begin with someone this pleb

Attached: 1455891929353.png (1022x731, 643K)

I never said they have to be relatable to be good.
Excellent non sequitur my friend.

Lyrics can be plenty good without being relatable. But only the absolute best lyrics can be relatable. For instance, something that is a secondary favorite can have amazing music, amazing singing, and lyrics that are good but I don't relate to.
But an absolute favorite has all the previous AND relatable lyrics.

holy shit i remember you from other currents threads lmao

stop posting

Nah dude.
I've been coming here for the past 8 years of my life.
Not that browsing Sup Forums from the age of 13 onward does you any favors, but I'm too far gone now.

muh misanthropy

Attached: a3357247441_10[1].jpg (1200x1200, 79K)

>inb4 itaots

if you think art has to be relatable to be the "absolute best" you are a hopeless pleb.

Hey thats an interesting opinion, I love the vocals on this one but I'd say you still have good taste for liking the words. Like in "cause im a man" and all the words drag on and stuff its really dreamy its almost like a twin peaks angelo badalmenti vibe

mangum is a good vocalist though. he has the lungs of a cardio bunny.

nid hüüüüüüüüü

Attached: 53215.jpg (316x316, 48K)

the point is not that you want to relate to lyrics. the point is that you think current's (a self professed attempt at pop by kevin) lyrics, which are about as superficial throwaway lyrics as they come and comparable to any top 40 lyrics, is in your mind some of the most "relatable" lyrics ever written

every led zeppelin album
every Rush album

You still fail to understand my meaning.

Secondary favorites and absolute favorites I consider on "objective" equal footing. But subjectively, the relatability of my absolute favorites is what makes them my absolute favorites. It heightens my subjective enjoyment of said piece of art to a level beyond what is simply allowed by the "quality" of the work.

If you still fail to see the logic behind that, than you must live a very sad life, not being able to connect to art (and presumably other people) as strongly. I'm an extremely emotional person, (I got BPD) so my empathy is a little higher than most.
Everyone's experiences are different. I don't expect everyone to be able to relate to the lyrics as much as I do, however almost every single lyric on the album works perfectly for me. They can almost all take me back to a different point in my life, and allow me to recall feelings & memories that I would otherwise be unable to reach on my own.
They heighten not only my experience of the music, but my life experiences as well.

>led zeppelin
>bad vocals
WEW

I can connect to art quite well, I just don't require the content to be "relatable" on an incredibly superficial level.

Newfag. In the first half of Led Zep's career Plant had consistently horrible technique and he admitted himself this ruined his voice and range

>Yes I'm changing, yes I'm gone
>Yes I'm older, yes I'm moving on
>And if you don't think it's a crime, you can come along with me

>They say people never change but that's bullshit
>They doooo

>Finally taking flight
>I know you don't think it's right
>I know that you think it's fake
>Maybe fake's what I like
literal teenage girl core

yeah i get it now. you're a narcissistic idiot with the emotional depth of a puddle and a victim complex.

you don't understand dude he has bpd

>incredibly superficial
Not an objective metric. Maybe for you, they seem that way. But we also have vastly different life experiences, different things we've lived through, and different emotions we've felt.

The feelings expressed in Currents might seem trite or superficial to you, but to me they're very real & resonate deeply. Typically if the lyrics I'm listening to are going to be relatable, they're going to be very straight forward. I'm not a particular fan of lyrics you have to decipher (though there are exceptions).
Not a valid criticism. They're lyrics that many people can relate to I have no doubt about it.
But like I said, lyrics don't have to be complex to be relatable. Nor do they have to be obtuse to be good.
I've been called worse.
I'll fully admit I'm an extremely emotional (I already mentioned I have Borderline Personality Disorder) and that usually comes along with some narcissistic tendencies.
And while I don't see the point of details, I have had many experiences (especially in romance) that have left me with a rather distrusting stance towards people, so yes I do feel victimized at times (at least in some of my own experiences).

I can tell why you've had relationship problems. because you're totally self obsessed. sort yourself out.

Dis real?

delete this

I always do everything I can for my ex's. The thing is, I worry too much. (not to mention I'm terrible at conversation and kinda boring to spend time with).
All my ex's cheated on me, that, and the fact they ALL told me I was "too good" for them is the only constant between them all.
This as a result, in each subsequent relationship, made me more & more paranoid. So I always end up asking if somethings wrong if I detect even the slightest annoyance in their voice.
I overthink things, that seems to be my biggest problem.

See

please stop posting and leave this board. This is not your blog

Pic not related

Attached: pere ubu - the modern dance - 1978 - album cover.jpg (1069x1080, 307K)

I'll stop posting as soon as you stop responding.
I'll stop "blogging" as soon as you stop saying things that require me to defend my position.

I'll leave this board when I die.

>defend your position

You're digging yourself deeper with every fucking thing you say. You have zero fucking self awareness. People don't sympathise with woe is me shit.

Your post makes literally 0 sense my dude.
I'm not even sure what you're trying to say with that.

yeah go figure

Attached: picard-facepalm.jpg (895x503, 39K)

delete this

I'm trying to warm up to his vocals a bit but it's taking a long time. I want to like his singing, but it's so grating

Attached: Clarence_Clarity_-_NO_NOW.jpg (1000x1000, 877K)

Mark Hollis sounds like Peter Gabriel having a stroke.

Attached: spiritofeden.jpg (953x953, 123K)

I see the logic in what you're saying, but if you ask me, its sort of unnecessary to care so much about pinning logic to music ya know? I believe when you enjoy things, then that's awesome and you should feel happy and proud about that. I believe one should always at least try to share their feelings with others about what makes you so happy and how it feels rather than try to explain the "why" of what is makes you happy and why you are in logical "right" for doing so. Does that make any sense? People don't always live a sad life just because they don't see your subjective happiness ya know? Its that objective footing that matters I think, there are so many ways to be happy. Sometimes I feel like it's similar to that greek Tantalus myth. When you truly believe that people are living these sad existences, and that you have to do the right thing and be responsible for making some point to help them be happy, its exactly why they are actually sad. Just my thoughts o

Captain Beefheart's vocals are mixed way to loud on Trout Mask Replica and they cover up a lot of the magic band's playing, it doesn't completely ruin the album but it's PROBLEMATIC

I get you my dude. I don't really associate logic with when I'm enjoying music, I was simply using it to explain as concisely as I could why I enjoyed it. But when it comes down to feelings and so many other subjective measures, it's hard to really describe WHY you enjoy something.
Whereas using logical reasoning is something that's a little more readily understood by someone who doesn't really know you, ya get me?
As for suggesting the dude lived a sad life I was just generalizing (kinda as a retort for him doing the same). I was over simplifying and being overtly dramatic in my depiction of him to try & suggest just how ridiculous I found his concept of objective measure when it comes to lyrics (and music in general) as art is at heart, a subjective experience that no two people will experience the exact same.

I think I'm picking up on what you're putting down so to speak, I personally actually agree entirely. Its funny in my English composition 1 and 2 courses that I've been taking at college this is basically what I'm learning about, like how to support arguments and draw parallels between ideas and create an overall flowing of ideas so its easy to just intuitively grasp for anyone. I think you're very well spoken, I'm sure you can see the value in how the audience is so important, that not everyone can understand logical reasoning to the extent that others can (on their own at least). I think some people just choose to focus on other aspects of life and enjoyment, and there's nothing really wrong with that even though I personally think I share similar feelings with you. Thats sort of what music is to me in way, all the different ways you can say the same thing in hopes that just one clicks with an individual and makes them happy to understand. I think because it's so hard to describe why you enjoy something, is exactly why its so important, and why we should all just "go for it" and speak our minds and loving thoughts in hopes others feel similarly, in hopes that someone might be able to help gift us that logical "a-ha, I see what you're saying I agree!" you know? In my english class recently I remember just explaining my interpretation of a poem, I wasn't sure and I doubted that I was reading too deeply into it, but I just spoke up anyway and the smiles and laughter I saw from people who agreed with what I said just made me so happy. Idk.

Regardless I think it takes a big person to be able to not only want to explain their words and feelings and expressions, but be able to admit the faults in their communication and try to better explain themselves because they truly want others to see the love they see. Does that make any sense to you? I believe communication is a huge part of love and understanding personally

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

You get me son, god damn.

In almost every interaction I have, I always weigh what I'm going to say based on the environment, the person, my perception of their mood, etc. Like I feel generally speaking most people probably do this to an extent, but EVERY interaction I have this plays into. Even with family & close friends (although I'm more of my "natural self" then, if that makes sense).

& I totally agree about people's enjoyment. When it comes to music, some people (like me, and it seems you as well) look for music that "sits well" with our souls, that we can really relate to on a spiritual and mental level. Where other people probably simply seek out unique experiences, to hear things they've never heard before. There's likely even many more people who just want to hear something that sounds vaguely familiar, that they're comfortable with.
The human mind is a complex thing, so it stands to reason the differences between any two given people can be astronomical even if they're similar on the surface & superficial level.

I totally get what you're saying about conveying your thoughts & emotions to other people. That's probably my biggest weakness though. Like I always want to hear what someone's feelings are about something, or know what they're thinking about. Often so I can better "shape" my interactions with them for their benefit. However, I'm terrible at the reverse. I'll do my very best to NOT let my own inner emotions show, so as to not have them do the same for me.

I attribute this to the fact that I'm very laid back, and generally speaking I don't care that much. But other people may be more "sensitive" in their interactions, and I'd rather "shoulder the burden," should there be any in the conversation, so as to make them more comfortable.
I hope that makes sense.

Unfortunately this leads me to seeming very closed off (at least from what I've been told).

& totally. Understanding IS Love.

accurate. tyler has truly ugly sounding vox on that album but it doesn't ruin the album somehow

Too bad the music's bland.

Lyrics are the least important part of music.

ITT

Attached: qOLa5O5.jpg (800x2648, 556K)

The music is the most dynamic out of all his albums. The melodies are their most present on this album, and nothing get's "lost in the mix" like they do on previous albums (Lonerism more so than innerspeaker however).
And unlike both of those albums, there's rarely a repetitive moment (the intentional skipping in LiH an obvious exception) as the music is constantly changing, or a new element is introduced to keep the sound varied.
Almost every song has a groove/beat to it that's impossible to sit still to, a strong melody driving it, & memorable (whether or not you like the lyrics, they are very catchy) lyrics to cement it all together.

There's also enough variety across the tracklisting, both in relative style & length, to keep the sound fresh throughout the length of the album.

anything by Demilich/Limp Bizkit
anything from the Anette era of Nightwish

Belphegor - Conjuring the Dead

just a few off the top of my head

Music is art, and art is subjective, so saying something like that equates to false information.
However, if you are saying that from your own perspective, lyrics are the least important aspect, you're welcome to that opinion.
If you wished to argue that from the most commonly used "critical" view of music, lyrics are the least important, you could even perhaps make that argument if you truly wished to do so.
However, because it is ultimately subjective, you can't quantify what's most important for everyone, as naturally not everyone agrees.

For myself, lyrics are not the most important, but more important than not, in determining my ultimate enjoyment of a work. I greatly enjoy many works without vocals of any kind, however it's extremely rare they ever come close to being an ultimate favorite without them.

Thanks for the book.

radiohead

>implying explaining yourself fully is a bad thing

Sure, but lyrics are still the least important part of music.

You either lack reading comprehension, or you simply refuse to put in the effort to explain yourself beyond the attempt of using repetition as a tool.

What was your goal in typing that giant block? Did you really think you were going to change my opinion? I read it and it makes sense objectively, but you must understand that within subjectivity lies a different form of objectivity and that's where I'm drawing my conclusion.

yes, its extremely lovecraftian.

Because of your lack of information in your original response, I could only infer that you were one of those who believed music (and art) is utterly objective, & thus, I was attempting to at least provide a logical reasoning for why that's simply not true.
If by "within subjectivity..." you mean the solidified opinion of your own person, I must say that I do not consider this objective, as it is unique to yourself and not the fabric of the reality we inhibit. In fact, I daresay nearly everything is subjective when you get down to it as we are bound by the limitations of our perceptions of the world (to go even further, assuming it exists) around us.
However, that is an existential argument that takes us quite a ways away from the original point.
I quite accept that your own enjoyment of music comes least of all from lyrics, if that's all you were attempting to say.

Attached: 227236_1280.jpg (1280x947, 88K)

Can you guys pay me for the amount of my bandwidth you wasted up by writing novels to each other?

>not having unlimited bandwidth
Sucks to be you I guess man.

Not even good
Its just triple J generic hipster trash

to get the good stuff you gotta go to shitty torquay and brunswick pubs to see dudes that sing about vomiting robots

This is what a virgin would say

L E L

David Lynch here. Fuck off

Yeah I can understand that and honestly I think it's really admirable, to be so considerate of other people and how they're feeling and what might accidentally be taken the wrong way. Yeah I certainly agree with relating about music, but I also use it to seek out unique experiences and hear things I've never heard before too at the same time. For every song I love there are a hundred I don't even know about let alone have heard myself. As for the weakness thing, there's this line I like in a Tame Impala song it goes "My weakness is the source of all my pride, I'll tell you why". I find that when just sort of let go and let loose a bit and not worry so much, and just have faith in yourself and your heart and in knowing you're a good person, other people will have that faith in you and not expect the worse all the time ya know? Maybe thats naive. Obviously I don't know you but I would imagine this would lead to being closed off, I feel like you'd end up choosing to be jaded rather than just being like whatever I'm going to passionate about all this stuff I've learned about and understand and love in hopes of trying to please everyone (which as I said is really admirable). But hey, easier said than done right? If its worth anything I don't wanna be overly sappy but you seem like a really nice and thoughtful person, certainly one with a good heart :P

You're talking to a 19 year old broke ass college kid lol, I got a thousand bucks to my name but unfortunately I kind of need it :/

burn!

i just listened to this for the 1st time. I know, whatever. I swear it sounded like he was saying nig uuuuuuhs nig uuuhhhhhsss or is that already a meme?

Teens of Denial, Twin Fantasy, basically anything by Will

honestly the lyrics are super cringey,
summary of entire album
>im sorry everyone but I
>need to find a new friend group
>because I learned how to play synth

this. i really dig kevin parker's vocals on this album - actually even more over tame impalas first two records.

womp womp

im sorry I love you will but in what world was it a good idea to sing like j mascis and not be good at guitar?

How can you summarize an album? It was a dude's emotions and how he was feeling, it doesn't even mention playing synth as far as know in terms of overall message (why would it?). To me the album speaks a lot to just embracing change and trying to realize where your faults are, where your passions and strengths are, I think its really human and down to earth in the best way. Like love/paranoia, sometimes he loves so strongly it makes him paranoid, it makes him create the need to know things that don't exist, but he learns more about himself and is better for it after the fact even though he was in the wrong. It actually makes him feel even stronger and reminisce on the good times that compelled him in the first place. Sometimes he doesn't think things through and just lives with his heart and the way he wants to and he still acknowledges that maybe its not for the best and can hurt people, but he hopes others understand his good intentions. Sometimes "they say people never change, but thats bullshit". I dunno, I love this album I think it has a lot of good things to say personally.

Attached: 0a1.jpg (643x820, 80K)

>amazing mix of electronic and live instrumentation, blending the worlds of jazz, funk, soul, hip hop
>high pitched, nasal, raspy, ridiculous cartoony voice rapping and singing god-awful hooks
ever since GKMC this fucker has been doing his best in making his voice as annoying as possible

Attached: 1_DxehQoyvIDFcsAR5g2OwbA.jpg (928x928, 237K)

>bragging about having a thousand fucking dollars
wew lad, 13 year old confirmed

I want to see an update with old Reznor's voice and evolution

from

youtube.com/watch?v=lhhlLd9Q9DU

to

youtube.com/watch?v=CXBiYFoHsOg

Attached: Nine-Inch-Nails-Pretty-Hate-Machine1.jpg (300x300, 100K)

Agreed. I find the singer annoying

+every one of his albums since. Also every Radiohead album.

Attached: 8DE32845-418A-477B-9AB1-B8F19FB06BAF.jpg (500x497, 59K)

while we're on the point of lyrics, i find it less important that they are complex or incredibly well written and more important how they are delivered, i wanna feel all that emotion and shit u feel me

Attached: f3coiu0n5unz[1].jpg (2148x2454, 1.38M)

This so much. Thom hums so much so I can only hear what he actually sings 30% of the time

The percussion is the worst thing about this album though.

*clap*
*snap*

>superficial is not an objective metric
>but "relatable" is

Jesus christ, please stop posting here you fucking mong

thas omake iche thas omake iche phlume YOU AND ME itsoo en me thas omake iche phlume

Awful band

Why do that? Why go on a board and contribute less than nothing?

Attached: 71OigHwMuRL._SY450_.jpg (450x450, 59K)