If you dont have synesthesia you will never be a pro musician

literally every professional musicians has it and the ones that dont are so generic and trash that it doesnt matter anyway

trying to make music professionaly without synesthesia is like trying to play pro basketball at the height of 5 foot 10

Attached: IMG_0984.jpg (371x397, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_with_synesthesia#Kanye_West
m.youtube.com/watch?v=RgXJJVuh46Q
harmonics.com/lucy/lsd/colors.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

where the fuck do you come up with this shit trollbait

not true

Kanye doesn’t have synesthesia

>observable patterns are bait

yes he does. his music is colored perfectly. its not muggle music

with that said kanyes proof that having synesthesia isnt enough because even a synesthite chad can make shit tier music

>rafiki voice
>troll harder

imagine being this salty you will never make good music

HE DOES! hahaha that was hilarious

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_with_synesthesia#Kanye_West

>literally every professional musicians has it
nope

>the ones that dont are so generic and trash that it doesnt matter anyway
nope. Bach wasn't a synesthete , nor were 95% of the great classical composers.

>trying to make music professionaly without synesthesia is like trying to play pro basketball at the height of 5 foot 10
are you confusing synesthesia with knowledge of music theory?

Pretty poor bait my friend, at least try something that might at least sound true next time.

I am going to kill myself now lads

bach definitely was synesthite. just because synesthite chads dont admit to muggles doesnt mean they arent synesthite. muggles are depraved jealous loonies that get visibally angry about synesthesia.

i can. tell you as someone who works in the industry its virtually impossible to make it as a pro if you dont have synesthesia

Please don't start this thread again, twice is enough

dont tell me what to do muggle

sometimes I think Sup Forums is full of mentally ill people. Not just mild autists who are kinda awkward but good people, but delusional obsessive insane people.

mfw I have ACTUAL olfactory/aural synesthesia not this "I can visualise the music" horse shit and all I get is the smell of stale bread or celery with certain sounds.

Attached: angry-kittens-2-591aec462619a__700.jpg (700x525, 25K)

>>My visual interpretation of ‘sound’ within musicality is presently stimulated when I am soulfully, aesthetically and perceptively immersed within a specific musical composition or piece of music.

>>The inner complexities of my synesthesia are truly incomprehensible - my life, vision and artistry are immersed in tetrachromatic iridescence.

>Jack Coulterinterview withThe Independent

wew.

There are deeper ways to understand harmonious tonal and timbral relationships in music than seeing it as color. If anything, that’s just kind of a retarded shortcut. If you were true wizard status you wouldn’t even need to see sound to understand it. This is basically like a little kid being proud of swimming with floaties on
>Look momy I’m swimming!
>Sure sweetie, we’ll see how yiu do when we take those things off!
You guys will get there someday.

It's the same shit on other boards like /fit/, claiming you're not a 'true lifter' if you don't meet some bullshit gatekeeping criteria.

t. muggle trying to find ways to come to grips with his musical inferiority

i am insane bruv

i have synesthesia im not like you faggot ass muggle cock sucker, im something else entirely

i will change the world, norman mcnorm from normandy, norway, take your muggle ass back

Synesthesia - the training wheels of true musical understanding

Don't feed the troll you fagets, he has started this thread multiple times now and you won't get any line of reasoning other than 'hurrr you wouldn't understand muggle'. If you continue to reply to him you are literally being trolled by a huge mongoloid.

more like the profound and naturally ingrained connection with not only music but nature itself. people woth synesthesia are more advanced human beings, like literally higher on the evolutionary tree

trolling implies what im saying isnt true

You're good at, I'll give you that. Maybe you should invest this energy into doing something productive with your life user?

i am. these threads are educational for me and for the muggles who get ass hurt in them

Hey faggots what color is this song
m.youtube.com/watch?v=RgXJJVuh46Q

i could post my music and say that i have synesthesia and you would eat it up
i could post my music and say that i don't have synesthesia and you would disregard it

So far this faggot has demonstrated -

>a complete lack of understanding of acoustics
>a complete lack of understanding of basic music theory
>that he can't even refer to concepts like timbre and harmony consistently, let alone accurately
>that he won't respond directly to any arguments against him, sidelining with 'muggle' and other nonsense
>that he is incapable of basic logic, using religion tier arguments to support his 'points'
>that he is a fucking retard

DO NOT BE SUCKED IN, PROCEED WITH EXTREME CAUTION

>all these lies for the sole intention of justifying your failed music career

lmao muggle shit

t. sad internet fuck who has run out of ways to feel unique, and must resort to larping as a synesthete on a taiwanese stamp collecting website

you are literally dripping with vitriol right now muggle

57980 pointS FROM SLYRHHTHERIN YOU FUCK

t. muggle

what does this image sound like

Attached: 932B7637-6CFA-41C8-9DA8-BAEC50646370.jpg (720x569, 76K)

Eww, fucking orange peels, why did you make me do that asshole????

x gon give it to ya

When you think about it, the concept of anonymous posting appeals a lot to people with social anxiety, because they don't have to deal with an online identity.
People discuss depression, loneliness and suicide everyday on this website, especially on /r9k/ and /adv/. /ck/ has a general thread for alcoholics that get created every other day.
Add to that the fact that ~3% of people have psychotic disorders, ~6% have borderline personality disorder, ~1.5% are psychopathic, and so on, and that most of these disorders (except psychopathy) are correlated to social anxiety, and you get the shitshow that is Sup Forums.

if you have a community where you pretend to act like faggots then eventually you're going to attract actual faggots who feel like they finally belong. it doesn't help that phones opened the floodgates for these people with underlying mental illnesses

it especially doesn't help that america has next to no mental facilities for the poor.. that an the stimgma against it. d'oh.

Attached: 1501827119873.gif (400x361, 916K)

The heartbeat of some bodybuilder working out processed by a slow flanger with negative feedback cranked-up as well as some reverb and slight compression

death grips

i know it's bait but synaesthesia is actually terrible
i get obsessed with capturing certain visual shapes when trying to compose but that's not what music is, it's an aural medium

it's quite common for me to 'feel' music in my stomach but I'm fairly sure that's common to everyone, right?

people get totally differing synaesthetic feelings from music so i don't get how it would help with composing or conveying an impression to someone else

look at the differing associations composers had between colors and pitches
harmonics.com/lucy/lsd/colors.html

What are some synesthetic correspondences you guys get though

give me a tl;dr on what this is.

it's when people get impressions in other senses in response to a feeling or idea from another, like some people associate colours with sounds or numbers
i guess it's normal to get it to some degree but it probably has nothing to do with creativity since the associations seem to be arbitrary

it changes your music perception in other ways too but taking some acid is a good way to induce synesthesia if you want to try it

the prevailing theory is cross connections with sensory perceptions. in regards to sound, a lot of synesthetes experience audio-visual synesthesia, where they'll "see" colors or shapes when they hear sound. it's not exactly "seeing" though, as in it's not a hallucination. it's hard to explain. when I listen to stuff, I can see it in the back of my mind and with enough effort I can pull it to the front (either through will or through drug use) and get a better grasp on it, but for the most part, it doesn't really do much.

Of course Sup Forums is a breeding ground for mental illness
Depression, anxiety, delusional thinking, dark tetrad out your fucking ass, sexual perversion of all shape and size; Sup Forums is a fucking stewpot for the gumbo of mental illness

I've got auditory-tactile. I like textures and harmony. That was all

>Muggles

I have synesthesia but this is cringe

But there are basketball players at that height...

so what came first: synesthesia or autism?

Kurt cobain was the biggest of his generation and he didn’t have synthenasia, just a good ear

Same with the Beatles, except they also had a lil theory under their belts

(Oh and all of them were influenced by the left handed brain so maybe that’s more important)

Lefty master race signing OUT

>tfw someone confirms that what i have is possible
what's ur favorite album to scratch this with?

What is the benefit of this?

bro, 4chin is basically a safespace for deviants, rejects and crazies..... synesthesia isn't real btw: it's the same New Age shit than Indigo children and gay frogs

its confirmed real, and not different than the cross-wiring that makes someone like feet

multiple albums. Some things by autechre are very nice. Also aphex twin's more texturized tracks. Jon hopkins can be nice. Generally most traditional music doesn't really do it for me. I get a nice feeling, but it doesn't really scratch the itch like you say. Electronic music has a ton more variety in textures and harmonies, so that's what I listen to primarily.
It's also nothing like some people on here make it out to be. I'm just sensitive to certain types of musical elements, and I'll admit it's easier for me to put sounds together that I like, simply cause that feeling is always there to guide me.
I used to think I had like a sixth sense when I was little. Other kids sometimes saw me as some kind of medium cause they thought I was more in tune with mys enses or something. The downside of all this is that I can get extremely introverted due to sensory overload, and I'm easily distracted by small things cause I start zoning in on stupid details of objects or whatever.
In fact, it has more negatives than positives. I'm never fully with it in my daily life, to great frustration of the people around me. I've been close to suicide multiple times

>I'm just sensitive to certain types of musical elements,
>I used to think I had like a sixth sense when I was little.
>The downside of all this is that I can get extremely introverted due to sensory overload,
>and I'm easily distracted by small things cause I start zoning in on stupid details of objects or whatever.
You could also be autistic

cool, my go tos are Fly Pan Am, Murmuure,and stuff with human babbling like Death Blues or Can

How do I know if I have synesthesia?

Inanimate Sensation.

I reckon I am slightly autistic yes. Luckily I can still communicate quite well with people if I force myself

you just know. When you read about it, you'll know "oh so that's that weird inexplicable thing that I've had my entire life"

synaesthesia is definitely real, there's a lot of scientific research about it, but it's superfluous to music appreciation
op is just trolling

my synesthesia sees red in this thread.....a little white.... i think i have an image in my head..... it's a white alien with red eyes and an antenna. crazy what synesthesia can do

>being this mad you don't have it

Sick excuse for your lack of talent and inspiration.

Maybe if you didnt blame it on everything except yourself youd be more successful

>he doesn't know about sanitarium/mental asylum poster

It's just like pattern recognition by our brain. It doesn't help with music production. You can't describe the things you see when you hear something. For example, if I tell you or myself that this synth preset sounds like a sword, it'll stop seeming like sword to me anymore.

It's not like I can recreate a sword either. And I can always see a sword in a totally unrelated sound source with different instruments, etc. You can always see the sword on a particular progression as well.

Having this wouldn't help and it's a distraction at best. It makes you less efficient with collaboration in my opinion.

it definitely helps, but it doesn't mean you'll be able to put it into practice without the right techniques. Having it is 10%, tonnes and tonnes of hard work to express it accurately is the other 90%

i have synesthesia but i'm not a musician, who wanna trade?

>what does this image *sound* like
>orange peels
>mfw

Attached: 1517204802271.gif (800x430, 564K)